PDA

View Full Version : What are you craving?

Violet_
January 16th, 2013, 01:35 AM
I'm craving fish like nothing else. I can't stomach any red meat or chicken. Only fish. Can't stomach dairy, can have a little soy milk. Lots of fruit. Lemon juice in water and on fish and on almost everything. Occasionally potatoes. Loving fresh oranges, strawberries, watermelon, nectarines, apples, mangoes, grapes etc. I snack every hour or so. My appetite seems out of control. I get very hungry and dizzy if I don't eat often.

WantingPink
January 16th, 2013, 01:53 AM
I have been eating a lot of salad, eggs, cheese, and hot sauce. Yes, I put Cholula on my eggs and salad and chicken. It is crazy. I have found that if I stay away from carbs that my morning sickness is MUCH MUCH better!! I do have small amounts of fruit every day (usually 1/2 an apple, 1/2 pear, etc. per meal). Any more that that and I am wanting to puke in about 2 hours. My last PG was awful puking until I was 7 months however this one I have been able to keep it away eating a lower carb diet. Violet are you just hungry and dizzy if you don't eat or do you feel like you want to vomit also? Anytime I get hungry I get nauseous also. I think hypoglycemia is to blame for all my puking with my past PG.

Violet_
January 16th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Yes I do get nauseas when I'm tired and/or hungry. But incredibly my M/S lifted and dramatically improved around 11 weeks. Before that I was vomiting very regularly and up to 5 times per day. I have not vomited now for a couple of weeks but still get queezy if hungry or tired. Really improved though. Which is a massive relief.

I'm finding carbs tend to help me a bit. I find toast, not bread, but toast can be handy sometimes. I don't eat it a lot but sometimes. I do also enjoy some vegies. I've basically turned into a fish eating vegan at present as I can't stomach meat or dairy.

NearlyDone
January 16th, 2013, 05:05 AM
No cravings really dont feel that pregnant

Wanting-a-girl
January 16th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I was craving fis the other day too! And I NEVER eat fish the last time I ate it was prob 5 years ago lol I also have a thing for these gummy heart candies they have out for valentines day

WantingPink
January 16th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Yes I do get nauseas when I'm tired and/or hungry. But incredibly my M/S lifted and dramatically improved around 11 weeks. Before that I was vomiting very regularly and up to 5 times per day. I have not vomited now for a couple of weeks but still get queezy if hungry or tired. Really improved though. Which is a massive relief.

I'm finding carbs tend to help me a bit. I find toast, not bread, but toast can be handy sometimes. I don't eat it a lot but sometimes. I do also enjoy some vegies. I've basically turned into a fish eating vegan at present as I can't stomach meat or dairy.

That is so good that your MS has been better recently. Vomiting 5 times a day must have been awful!! So glad you are feeling better!! With my previous PG I thought carbs were helping me however, they were just making me feel good for a couple of hours and then I would feel just as bad or worse than I did before. I am glad that you have found something that works for you!!

cvd
January 16th, 2013, 02:10 PM
No cravings for me this pregnancy! Every now and then I get a hankering for something but just depends on my mood, nothing that's been consistent! My last pregnancy I couldn't get enough rootbeer and burgers lol.

maybeoneday
January 16th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I am a bit addicted to sherbet lemons! My apologies if the are an English thing?? They are lemon sweets with sherbet in the middle!! A very random craving I know! X

Violet_
January 16th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I have a full on lemon craving so I'd probably love them. Hehe. Enjoy.

minimatron
January 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I'm not craving a thing..... I just eat everything!
with my girls I craved a lot of milk.

Pearl327
January 17th, 2013, 04:31 AM
With DD I was craving fresh squeezed orange juice and cake. This time around I don't really have any cravings I am eating almost (except meat, fish & eggs) everything but given the choice between sweet and savory it would be savory all the way, where as last time it was definately sweet.

weeziewoozles
January 25th, 2013, 04:10 PM
No cravings for me other than quantity! Having done the LE diet so strictly back in the autumn I've been overeating a bit since my BFP. Keep telling myself that I'm building a baby so I need to eat! Better stop the gluttony soon or I'll put on loads this time round!

Atsaukina1
January 26th, 2013, 04:24 PM
uggg i want to eat soo much but my belly won't let me it's like i'm already in 3rd tri aggg. i still eat plenty but not as much as i want lol

aroundtheworld
January 30th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Expecting twins, I have to eat a LOT of protein- at least 100 grams a day! Let me tell you, that's a lot! But it's so important that I get in that protein, tons of water (and I successfully drink a minimum of eight 16 oz glasses each and every day), and that I hit certain weight targets (25lbs at 20 weeks- I was 1 lb under this, so not bad!-, 38 lbs at 28 weeks, and so on). I'm shooting for a minimum of 40-45 lbs gained overall, however I believe I'll easily hit that. The heavier these babies are, the more likely they won't be born premature and the healthier they'll be.

So, having said that, I am NOT craving red meat! lol Stuffing my face with eggs, meat, cheese, kefir, etc all day means that I stay pretty full and almost never get very hungry. But I have had a hankering for honey wheat pretzel rods and, at night, a few Oreos. But that's about it, really.

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
around the world sounds like you are taking great care of yourself and babes as protein intake is supposed to help prevent a lot of things:)
cottage cheese is super high in protein as well as keifer(i don't eat meat:)
I got a big ol tub from costco lol I like to mix it w/ salsa and eat w/ tortilla chips lol but i don't know anyone else that does that might give it a try:)
also like w/ just honey or fruit:)
i really need to up my water intake but it makes me so full and then i can't eat what I want waaa lol. loving avocados and sourdough bread and oranges although no cravings for anything-

5boysandcounting
February 5th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I've been craving Indian food, especially curry! I would eat it for every meal if I could. I even dream about it lol

Violet_
February 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Om gosh 5 boys, I was just coming on here to update that I can't get enough hot/spicy food. I'm craving indian and chilli like crazy. Can't get enough! Might be tmi but I'm finding if I do eat spicy food my urine gets concentrated and burns me so I'm having to drink lots of water when I do indulge to help dilute things.

NearlyDone
February 7th, 2013, 05:09 AM
This weeks craving is lemon cake.....about to go make myself one now lol

cvd
February 7th, 2013, 07:10 PM
My craving lately has been chocolate dipped donuts. I make DH go out at night to get one lol each night the last week! I've been doing so well eating healthy, deserts and sweets have actually been a huge turn off till all of a sudden I want chocolate dipped donuts lol!!!

Thorz300
February 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I craved Root Beer like a crazy woman for a few weeks, now I can't stomach it and all I want is salad and/or veggies I also really crave boiled eggs. For snacks, any type of candy! I cannot stomach any kind of meat!

Atsaukina1
February 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM
ooh root beer float that sounds delish:) i don't have any cravings until i see/hear someone else having it and then i'm like ooh that sounds sooo good lol

aroundtheworld
February 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Dairy... kefir, milk, ice cream, cheese, you name it.

Angelcrazylove
March 25th, 2013, 12:33 AM
haven't noticed any cravings out of the ordinary but have had an aversion toward meat (meat pies, roast meat and veg) for a while now