PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell people you have a HT child?

glory
April 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
We have decided that we are not telling people (if we are so lucky to get our girl), I have told 5 people we are trying it, 3 really close friends and my mum and sister (none of which have told their partners). We will not be telling anyone else.

Did you tell people and not care what people said, or did you keep it secret like we are going too?

lisvna
April 9th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I think we won't tell it to friends (because they can't understand it). I will tell it to my parents (I think they would tell it to the whole family hahahhaha)

Persuing Lacey
April 9th, 2011, 06:51 AM
In my situation my mum knows and my best friend. Sometimes I wish I could even take back the fact I told them! My advice tell a few as you can. Reassess when bubs is 5, and see if it really even matters then....

nuthinbutpink
April 9th, 2011, 08:31 AM
No.

Ashgirl
April 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
We did not and will not tell anyone. (Other than my OB.)

PlanB
April 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Nopety nope only my mum and dh mum :)
Oh and my dad

AnnaG1
April 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Both my parents know-

grits
April 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM
If it works, we will be honest with anybody who asks but we won't offer the information. I'm guessing there won't be any questions as 1. We actually need IVF to conceive so that part is known and 2. We are trying for B/G twins. If somebody asks how we lucked out with B/G twins (if we are so lucky), I'll tell them about PGD.

Bee Shine
April 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Ive actually shared my story with quite a few people and everyone has been really supportive. Most of them have been women and are completely understanding of the issue of me needing to raise/have a daughter to feel complete.

*ruby*
April 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I have thought about this a lot for if we decide to go HT and no we wouldn't tell anyone at all. So, it would be between myself and my husband, I just don't think people would be very understanding.

Mykids
April 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
No.

princess-nash
April 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I just told my sister but no one else. If my asian community found out i'm going HT for a girl they will have a b**** fit saying "oh she has 3 boys why would she need a girl for"(they love the boys lol) so no thank you i'll keep this one to myself lol. If I told my mum she would have a go at me for spending so much money that could have gone towards the boys so only my sister will ever know.

Liv
April 21st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Both our parents know, one uncle, one aunt, one cousin, and 2 very close friends. We were never faced with any negativity. I actually had a friend ask if we spun DH's sperm and I said no. Technically I wasn't lying because MS doesn't spin sperm. LOL!

FiveGirls
June 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
No. We wouldn't want our girls to think they aren't good enough. Our families would not be supportive, either.

Zivic-Bubac
June 8th, 2011, 03:31 AM
If it works, we will be honest with anybody who asks but we won't offer the information. I'm guessing there won't be any questions as 1. We actually need IVF to conceive so that part is known and 2. We are trying for B/G twins. If somebody asks how we lucked out with B/G twins (if we are so lucky), I'll tell them about PGD. Or you can just tell that you got lucky, without further explanation :agree:

erinhen
June 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
We also have told no one and we never will tell anyone. Only DH and I will know. I never want my boys to find out and wonder if we didn't love them enough or if they weren't enough. I never want anyone to treat my daughter differently because she was conceived under different circumstances and for different reasons. I never want anyone thinking that I didn't feel blessed enough with my two boys... Because that isn't it at all... But so many people just do not understand. So, we have decided to tell no one, and oddly, it isn't that hard to keep it a secret so far.

Ashgirl
June 8th, 2011, 10:05 PM
We also have told no one and we never will tell anyone. Only DH and I will know. I never want my boys to find out and wonder if we didn't love them enough or if they weren't enough. I never want anyone to treat my daughter differently because she was conceived under different circumstances and for different reasons. I never want anyone thinking that I didn't feel blessed enough with my two boys... Because that isn't it at all... But so many people just do not understand. So, we have decided to tell no one, and oddly, it isn't that hard to keep it a secret so far.

Very well said. This sums up our feelings as well.

prayforprincess
September 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
The 1st time only my parents and a good friend. The second time the same. Now we are approaching our 3rd time. I guess I am over it. Now my parents, and 3 close friends know, but they are not telling anyone. Other than that no one knows. I just don't want her to grow up thinking she was conceived any differently (and i definitely do not want my boys ever knowing)...and i do not want people talking. Not that i care about myself, I just care about the girl and do not want people in her life knowing.

norwegian
October 14th, 2011, 03:59 PM
No, we would not tell anyone, its so many people that dont understand what we are going true..

nuthinbutpink
October 14th, 2011, 04:40 PM
No, we would not tell anyone, its so many people that dont understand what we are going true..

Are you planning on going HT, N? We have a large group of Internationals here that come to the States for HT. Most post in the private forums though.

norwegian
October 15th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Are you planning on going HT, N? We have a large group of Internationals here that come to the States for HT. Most post in the private forums though.

Yes we are planning on going to cyprus for HT. How do I get acsess to the other forum? Do I have to pay?

nuthinbutpink
October 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Yes we are planning on going to cyprus for HT. How do I get acsess to the other forum? Do I have to pay?

You have to become a Dream Member. It is $12 annually.

Right now, we have 9 people cycling and 3 FETs coming up. It's pretty busy. We have stickies for each cycler so you may follow along and there stored so you can read through and catch up or research if you like.

We have an Embryologist available to ask questioins and 2 doctors you may post questions to if you are a Member.

angel-pink
November 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
i'm not sure i'd want to tell anyone if I am lucky enough to get a bfp i'd want to just to be all my news i've got such negative comments off family about having more children that tbh I don't want to say

miffy
March 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I just found out I am pregnant on the first try with IVF/PGD! And I only told one friend and my sister. Both of them was like "what ever makes you happy", but they would not do it... they say! My friend have two daughters and REALLY wanted girls and my sister ont have kids yet.
I feel weird about getting all the comments I know will come when people find out the sex of this one. Guess I will just smile...

jils04
March 5th, 2012, 01:03 AM
I def won't. I believe it will come back and haunt my other kids. They need to be protected KWIM ?

perrypop3
March 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
We have only told my parents, DH parentsand family definitely would not understand.

I have told a close girlfriend and i know she has not told her DH.

Since I've had a bfp it's weird I'm so excited I almost want to tell everyone... but I don't, I'm sure it wouldn't be wise. There are too many people who love to gos sip and be judgemental, they could never understand what this means to us, I'm sure they'd belittle it all and make out its as simple as shopping to us! They could never understand the deep profound longing and GD and depression that we've been through to get to this stage that we would try such extreme measures

Cloverbear
March 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
We told everyone. And have had heaps of support. My view is the more that know the more "normal" it will become and then if wont be frowned uppond as much but you will always get your extremest.

HopingForPigtails
March 12th, 2012, 11:57 PM

Exactly exactly exactly. I absolutely love and adore my two monkeys and it's not about NOT wanting boys- I just really want a girl as well. But I would never want my boys to wonder if I wasn't happy with two boys. Never. Can you imagine while you were growing up if you found out your younger sibling was conceived through insane amounts of money, energy, time, and emotional roller coasters?? Of course you would feel terrible about it- even if your parents tried to explain it to you, you would still always wonder. Nope- my boys deserve to never question my love for them!!

TwoSweetGuys
March 13th, 2012, 07:18 AM
We've told my family and a bunch of my close friends. Nothing but support from everyone. Do I wish so many people didn't know? A little. But I was going through a hard decision-making process and really needed to run ideas by my friends who I trust. Ah well, we're moving overseas in July so the info won't follow us. :-)