PDA

View Full Version : How long are you doing diet, etc. before your attempt?

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Thread title says it all!

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I was planning on a little over two months, started just this past weekend and hopefully making an attempt when I O, probably the second week of June.

Now DH is saying maybe we should try in May but that would only be six weeks of work, maybe only five if I O early. I think he is just sick of hearing me talk about all this but seriously! I am doing this for HIM so HE can have HIS chance at a boy because lord knows, I got what I want. And he doesn't even want to do the things he needs to. I'm already having to remind him to take his supplements, stop eating certain things, etc. I am the kind of person who has a goal and goes after it and he is much more lackadaisical. So frustrating!

Okay...vent over. I need to go get my V8 fusion, lol. But I am right to work on things for longer, aren't I?

fivebabies
April 8th, 2011, 07:42 PM
At least 6 weeks. But this will start during the holidays at the end of the year so that's going to be tricky.

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'm going for at least 90 days.

Glittergirl
April 9th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I was planning on a little over two months, started just this past weekend and hopefully making an attempt when I O, probably the second week of June.

Now DH is saying maybe we should try in May but that would only be six weeks of work, maybe only five if I O early. I think he is just sick of hearing me talk about all this but seriously! I am doing this for HIM so HE can have HIS chance at a boy because lord knows, I got what I want. And he doesn't even want to do the things he needs to. I'm already having to remind him to take his supplements, stop eating certain things, etc. I am the kind of person who has a goal and goes after it and he is much more lackadaisical. So frustrating!

Okay...vent over. I need to go get my V8 fusion, lol. But I am right to work on things for longer, aren't I?

Hahaha kinda in the same boat but reversed! DH has always wanted a girl, I got my boys...funny thing is I'm taking the sway much more seriously than he is! He claims he'll be fine with another boy--I think he just doesn't want to diet LOL!

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Daisy, if you are the kind of person who goes after your goals that is a great sign for blue! (there are millions of other factors of course!)

Oh and to answer the q, I believe 6 weeks is long enough to get most benefits from swaying. But eggs take 90 days to form, sperm take 72 days, so it may make some sense to sway for that long before your attempt, if there is anything to the idea that eggs are "primed" to receive sperm of a certain gender (I don't believe that they are, but I don't blame anyone for trying it!) Just know that most people don't get pg the first month anyway so you end up swaying for a REALLY long time that way and you should only be on the swaying diet for 6 months without a break.