PDA

View Full Version : Gender scan result with gender pics on p5

maybeoneday
January 17th, 2013, 01:23 PM
UPDATE - baby is a boy! Had gender scan yesterday. Praying the tech got it wrong!!!!

Baby measuring 12+4 today. Would love all opinions!

Thank you in advance x

Baby measuring 13+2.....

nuthinbutpink
January 17th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Looks girlie!

The Anchor
January 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I'm thinking girlie too...

lovemy4
January 17th, 2013, 01:37 PM
girl

Butterfly Spirit
January 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I don't get it... I saved it to rotate it, and open it's rightside up!? hmm lol

maybe I'll rotate it anyway!

Butterfly Spirit
January 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM

IT worked! LOL
I think I'll hold back on a guess for now.

maybeoneday
January 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
It shows. The right way up only screen. Crazy computer! Thanks for your girl guess! The next 8 weeks are going to kill me!!

Inky
January 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
slight boy lean from me, now that I'm viewing it rotated upright.

Violet_
January 17th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I think you have your girl there hun! So thrilled for you. Looks we may both be getting our girls and due right around the same time. Woohoo!

maybeoneday
January 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
The tech said it was a tricky one and guessed girl but was only 60% so really not convinced! I have a couple more pics and will try and upload them. My ipad tends to do weird stuff with rotation though so apologies in advance! X

maybeoneday
January 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM

Ok try these! X

Life In Pink
January 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I can see this going either way. Best of luck!

lindi
January 17th, 2013, 04:53 PM
girl

maybeoneday
January 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Shameless bump for more guesses! X

Sunflower3
January 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Girl

You&MePlus3
January 18th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Slight boy lean. looks angled up to me. good luck!

Bimby
January 19th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I'm 50/50 on this one, hope you hear pink though :)

AndreaOD
January 19th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Im thinking girl! fx for u x

Cinss
January 19th, 2013, 02:26 AM
boy

BoyGirlOrAlien
January 19th, 2013, 03:37 PM
:ttcgirl:

Kittybear
January 19th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Hmm tricky, but I have a slight blue lean. X

maybeoneday
January 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
New picture - 13+2 days.

WantingPink
January 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Looking very girly in this last one!! Nice and flat for 13 weeks... :fingers: for you!!

AndreaOD
January 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Looks really girly on last pic hun!!!! :)

maybeoneday
January 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much for your guesses! I thought if it was on the rise which the first pics may imply, it would have done it by 13+2. Really scared to even believe it might be pink!!! Xx

coocoobananas
January 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Don't hate me ( I disliked all who guessed mine as boy lol) but just wanted to say there is a bump on top... Which has me leaning boy~ hope I'm wrong!!

jark22
January 23rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Don't hate me ( I disliked all who guessed mine as boy lol) but just wanted to say there is a bump on top... Which has me leaning boy~ hope I'm wrong!!

I am leaning boy as well.....

maybeoneday
January 24th, 2013, 06:53 AM

Don't worry I won't hate you ( I might not hit the 'like' button though!!). I see what you mean and it has been worrying me as well. the pic is a bit blurry though and in real life it almost looks like the nub has split into 3 or 2 and a shadow???

I think the bottom line is that I need to wait until March to find out!!!

Thanks for all the guesses ( boy or girl!) x

charlyn
January 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
wow thats such a tough one, leaning girl but wouldnt be suprised if a boy. Wishing you luck x

You&MePlus3
January 24th, 2013, 02:06 PM
This kid's gonna keep you guessing til the big scan! I guessed boy before but based on the nub being flat on new pic, I will say girl. (also hoping bump/shadow on tip means nothing)

maybeoneday
January 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
This kid's gonna keep you guessing til the big scan! I guessed boy before but based on the nub being flat on new pic, I will say girl. (also hoping bump/shadow on tip means nothing)

I know! I had hoped it would either be so raised there was no doubting it was boy number 3 or it would be so flat and down, I could dare believe it might be a girl! As it is, I have to stick to 'my dream is not dead' but I am not going to know until March!

I need to step away from the nubs because the more I look at, the more confused I am!!!

However, in the mean time, keep your guesses coming! X

maybeoneday
January 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry, duplicate post!

ttcgirl2012
January 26th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I am thinking boy. Really wanted to say girl but the bump is making me see boy. Good luck! And congrats!

maybeoneday
February 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Some of you were right but most sadly wrong. It appears to be boy number 3 for us. U/S place would not give me a potty shot (I have already complained given it was a private gender scan !!) so I can't post it.

Sure I will come round to the idea in time!

X

jark22
February 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Congratulations on your third boy :). I am also preggo with our third boy- and after the initial 'sadness' I was and am completely over the moon. I can't wait to see what he looks like and to find out what his little personality will be like. You will get there too!

Wanting-a-girl
February 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
congrats on boy number three!!!! you will def come around to the idea :)

lovemy4
February 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Congrats! What a tricky little one, though, as the nub looked so girly. Sorry for getting your hopes up :(

nuthinbutpink
February 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Sorry I got it wrong. These "bulb" nubs are tricky.

Wanting-a-girl
February 15th, 2013, 09:05 AM
looked so girly too!!! this is a lesson to not completely trust a nub

maybeoneday
February 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Don't worry I don't blame anyone at all. It was just a tricky nub! If I am honest, I didn't have that much faith in the tech, but I definitely saw a protrusion with my own eyes so think it probably is a boy. I will wait for my 20 week scan though before I buy anything!!

maybeoneday
February 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Out of interest, how often are girls mistaken for boys at 16 weeks?

lovemy4
February 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM
It does happen but not all that often, especially if the tech knows what they are doing. I do think they should have given you a gender pic, though, since you paid for a private scan. Can you call them and let them know you aren't happy without proof?

Violet_
February 15th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm also sorry for getting your hopes up. I know how emotional this can all be. I think I will wait until your 20 week ultrasound to double check the results as your tech wasn't very co-operative. When is it? Mine's 7th March 11am Australian time. Yours must be around the same time?

coocoobananas
February 15th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I just had my 3rd boy 2 weeks ago and I have to say I am quite happy I wanted a girl so bad that I went for a third, or he'd never be here! I love him to bits, and you'll be fine once he's here:)

maybeoneday
February 16th, 2013, 04:32 AM
My 20 week Nhs scan is the 12th march. I am pretty sure it will still be a boy but I will wit until then for sure. I am slowly coming round to the idea but still quite upset at the moment.

Coco, thanks for your message. I know I will feel differently when he gets here.

X

coocoobananas
February 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=maybeoneday;356072]My 20 week Nhs scan is the 12th march. I am pretty sure it will still be a boy but I will wit until then for sure. I am slowly coming round to the idea but still quite upset at the moment.

Coco, thanks for your message. I know I will feel differently when he gets here.

X[/QUOTE

I had a really hard time during the pregnancy. I knew I would feel great once he was here but didn't feel any excitement at all until then so I understand! Just know that it won't hurt forever:) I sometimes had excitement about him during the pregnancy but mostly I just was angry about the whole thing and myself! It's hard to see the light but its there for sure;)

maybeoneday
February 18th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Ok so following all your advice, I complained about not having a gender pic and they agreed to send me one. The quality isn't great as it was emailed to be as a PDF but there is definitely something between the legs! Please can you take a look and let me know if I am totally deluding myself that there is ANY chance this ciud become a girl at 20 weeks. Thanks! X

mummypink
February 18th, 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure if I'm looking at it properly as hard to make out what is what, but from what I can see is a potty shot then I would have though the bit in between the legs was too big? Could it be the cord?

Sorry I know that doesn't help as you're already driving yourself insane (I did the same when I heard boy number 3). My fingers are firmly crossed for you that it is wrong though, how clear was the scan when you saw it on the screen? Were you certain it was a boy from what you saw? xxx

maybeoneday
February 18th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I didn't have a lot of faith in the tech but this was definitely the potty shot. I need to get on the pc to change it to a proper image as was sent as a PDF. This is a photo of my screen!

I know I saw something between the legs but it could have been cord, I am in no way experienced enough to tell the difference!

Will know for sure March 12th!!

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
It isn't really focused but I can only assume that at 20 weeks, that is a penis and a boy.

maybeoneday
February 18th, 2013, 10:02 AM
This was at 16 weeks. 20 week scan is March 12th x

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry. I still think it is a boy.

jark22
February 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM
That looks like a boy to me

blondel81
February 18th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Hi there. just wanted to say that once the news settles in im sure ull get excited. i have 3 boys, 1 who's 10, 1 who's 7 and 1 who's 6 on friday. when i found out my 3rd was a boy i did feel sad, after really wanting a girl. But that really did quickly pass and couldnt have been any happier when he arrived. So now pregnant with baby num 4, even more desperate for some pink. couldnt wait to go shopping on girly sprees. I had my gender scan fri just gone and would u believe it im pregnant with boy num 4!!!!! im so not destined for a pink one!! needless to say when i found out i did cry and felt sad and angry as to why am i not able to easily conceive a girl when every one around me seems to be. But the next day after the news had sunk in i started to feel really excited. Now ive got the cotbed up and sorting out a few boy bits of clothing. i love my boys so much and can't wait to see who num 4 is going to look like.
Hope this helps in knowing ur not alone to feel sad after not hearing pink. I hope on ur 20 wk scan you find out they got it wrong and it really is pink.
Good luck and best wishes x

maybeoneday
February 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Thank you so much. I am getting used to it and have accepted it. My DS1 really wanted a sister so I am sad for him as well as myself. I am really not expecting a gender change at my next scan, it was just on the off chance that she got it wrong.

I have come to the conclusion it is ok to feel sad, it is just not socially acceptable and that makes it even harder to overcome.

My brother had a little girl 3 weeks ago and rather be jealous and bitter, I am glad I have a niece and she will be we'll looked after by my boys!

X

kaseybaby
February 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
It looks like a boy to me. Congrats on your baby, boy or girl.