PDA

View Full Version : days of ewcm

gizmo77
April 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
am i the only who has had 7-8 days of EWCM for two cycles or more???? whats going on here?

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 03:01 PM
That's GREAT!!! I have a lot of EWCM jsut normally when I ovulate.

ELP
April 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I recently had 4 days worth, usually I'm lucky to get 1/2 a day!! Somethings working:agree:

begonia
April 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Ok so my EWCM is weird, b/c I will get it normally 3-4 days prior to O, but day before and of O it is GONE! What's up with that?!?! Anyone know?

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I am so jealous! Give me some, I am struggling =(

Hobbermittens
April 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I used to have tons when I was younger. I still have several days of it, but not a ton each day... I wish I had realized the value of that stuff when I had so much of it!

skrimpy
April 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I get 3-4 days of EWCM usually, with more watery/creamy for a couple of days before that. 7 days is just WOW! Are you taking any supps?

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ok so my EWCM is weird, b/c I will get it normally 3-4 days prior to O, but day before and of O it is GONE! What's up with that?!?! Anyone know?

That is actually TOTALLY normal. Most babies (of both genders) are conceived with BD before O, not on O day. The sperm takes its time to swim to the egg and hangs out until it arrives, both in the cervical crypts and up inside the Fallopian tubes. Your body is still making EWCM where it counts, even if it isn't coming out any more.

Just make sure that whenever you DTD, you have EWCM then - it's ridiculous to wait until O if you have no CM that day!!

daisyfay311
April 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM

That is EXACTLY what usually happens to me.

daisyfay311
April 10th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Just make sure that whenever you DTD, you have EWCM then - it's ridiculous to wait until O if you have no CM that day!!

So if that same thing happens to me, I should bd before O rather than on O day?

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
So if that same thing happens to me, I should bd before O rather than on O day?

I would. I think the EWCM is why timing works in the first place (because of patterns that many people have) so it makes no sense to me to stick slavishly to timing while ignoring the EWCM, since that's probably how timing sways.

skrimpy
April 10th, 2011, 08:43 PM
If you feel comfortable with it, you can use a clean finger to swipe up near your cervix to see if you have EWCM there. Another good way to check is right after you have had a BM - it tends to come out with that pushing :p Use a tp piece(s) to wipe just over the anus from behind front-to-back, then another clean tissue to wipe (front-to-back again) from the vagina back and check that to see if you see CM. Or again, use a clean finger to swipe near your cervix to see if it has pooled.

I have found that my EWCM cuts off almost as soon as O has occurred - I will have EWCM one day, get a high temp the next and it is *gone*. I have also had a few cycles where I had EWCM in the morning then was dry as a desert by night... and the next morning got my high temp. I think I O'd in the morning on those days. One benefit I think to charting even before TTC is you notice little patterns like that for your body.

I agree with Atomic that your body's pattern is what to set your timing by!

gizmo77
April 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I would. I think the EWCM is why timing works in the first place (because of patterns that many people have) so it makes no sense to me to stick slavishly to timing while ignoring the EWCM, since that's probably how timing sways.

thats interesting, never thuught of it that way. makes sense, sex SUCKS (even more than TTC sex) with no CM. and how would that sperm get there on the day of O if it has no transportation. wow, light went off in my head. thx!

gizmo77
April 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I get 3-4 days of EWCM usually, with more watery/creamy for a couple of days before that. 7 days is just WOW! Are you taking any supps?

no supplments, thats why earlier, i THINK i asked this, if i am reading my CM wrong. i mean on the 1st 2-3 days and last 2-3 days of those 7-8 days of ewcm, it is coupled with creamy and even sticky, but according to fertility friend you have to record the most fertile. so on my chart it looks like 7-8 days of ewcm. i drink a lot of water if that does anything..but i mean like only 3-4 16oz glasses.

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the thoughts re: the CM prior to O ... I think my approach will be to DTD on peak CM day and probably again on O day, maybe with preseed then... luckily I have several months ahead of me before actually TTC so I can think about my attempt three million more times ;-)

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:20 PM
thats interesting, never thuught of it that way. makes sense, sex SUCKS (even more than TTC sex) with no CM. and how would that sperm get there on the day of O if it has no transportation. wow, light went off in my head. thx!

Exactly! You're so very welcome!!

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the thoughts re: the CM prior to O ... I think my approach will be to DTD on peak CM day and probably again on O day, maybe with preseed then... luckily I have several months ahead of me before actually TTC so I can think about my attempt three million more times ;-)

I think that's a great idea, with the preseed and hopefully a very nice female O beforehand!!

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
no supplments, thats why earlier, i THINK i asked this, if i am reading my CM wrong. i mean on the 1st 2-3 days and last 2-3 days of those 7-8 days of ewcm, it is coupled with creamy and even sticky, but according to fertility friend you have to record the most fertile. so on my chart it looks like 7-8 days of ewcm. i drink a lot of water if that does anything..but i mean like only 3-4 16oz glasses.

No, it still counts as long as there is any EWCM because I personally believe if given the choice, the spermies will head straight for the good stuff and avoid the sticky stuff!

Water does def. help with EWCM but dont' go overboard because too much water can make you sick.

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
If you feel comfortable with it, you can use a clean finger to swipe up near your cervix to see if you have EWCM there. Another good way to check is right after you have had a BM - it tends to come out with that pushing :p Use a tp piece(s) to wipe just over the anus from behind front-to-back, then another clean tissue to wipe (front-to-back again) from the vagina back and check that to see if you see CM. Or again, use a clean finger to swipe near your cervix to see if it has pooled.

I have found that my EWCM cuts off almost as soon as O has occurred - I will have EWCM one day, get a high temp the next and it is *gone*. I have also had a few cycles where I had EWCM in the morning then was dry as a desert by night... and the next morning got my high temp. I think I O'd in the morning on those days. One benefit I think to charting even before TTC is you notice little patterns like that for your body.

I agree with Atomic that your body's pattern is what to set your timing by!

This was just such a good answer I wanted to post it twice LOL! Thank you skrimpy!