PDA

View Full Version : Soaked PJs PANIC!

EmmyRoo
January 18th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Help, I woke up last night with soaked pyjama bottoms, the top was wet too but not as bad. I had to change into new pjs and there was a damp patch on the sheet too. I smelt my pjs this morning (tmi, sorry) and it's not wee, what's going on? This never happened in my previous pregnancies and I'm terrified it's amniotic fluid and I'm losing the baby! My bump seems smaller today as well which is making me more scared.

Anyone know what's happened? It's about -1 here at the moment so I can't have got too hot overnight surely?

Thanks. X

pebmcpd7
January 18th, 2013, 05:02 AM
I would go to hospital, it could be amniotic fluid! Good luck, hope all is OK.....

thehappypixi
January 18th, 2013, 05:18 AM
It could still be wee even if it doesn't smell, defo get checked out. Good luck x

mrs magoo
January 18th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I had a lot of fluid when pregnant!!! I had to wear panty liners and some days pads. But always best to get checked out to be sure.

Rainbow baby
January 18th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Firstly I wouldn't freak out as you haven't mentioned any of the "bad" symptoms. I would go to the Dr or the clinic you plan to go though. It could be wee, we all no things change down there no doubt. There is no mistaking that. You might have a infection and your wee is leaking, pregnancy hides all the signs and it can cause M/C if it isn't treated with antibiotics. Let us know how you go!

EmmyRoo
January 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
OMG! I was really hoping you were all going to reassure me that it was normal! DH says it was a night sweat and I was hot when I woke up until I got out of bed. I googled earlier and they are apparently common in pregnancy due to hormones, so that would explain it happening even though the weather is cold.

The other reason I didn't think it was wee was cos I woke up because I needed a wee. Can you have an infection without any symptoms? I'm not having any burning or anything and not going more often than usual.

My bump looks a little bit bigger again now and I haven't had any cramping, bleeding or any other miscarriage symptoms. Was starting to calm down and think it was probably a hormonal night sweat but I'm starting to worry again now that you're all saying I should get checked out! I'm at work and no-one knows I'm pregnant here yet which makes things harder.
I'll see how it goes and let you know how I get on.
x

wilma_five
January 18th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I have had (and still have) nightly sweating to. When it's amniotic fluid it should smell really sweet. I think that is really really rare to have at 9 weeks. Bump size does not say anything because you little one is only a couple of cm. Bump at this time is mostly bowel. Dont worry, I bet everything is fine. And this sounds not so nice but if it really is amniotic then there is not much you can do about it.

atomic sagebrush
January 18th, 2013, 07:53 AM
JMO but I don't think you have enough amniotic fluid at 9 weeks to cause that.

One time when 9 mos. pg with one of my boys, I slipped and fell onto my bum and had a big gush of fluid which kept leaking till I had the baby 2 weeks later (went to hospital of course and was told it wasn't fluid) and it did not smell like wee at all.

EmmyRoo
January 18th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks Wilma, I don't think it smelt sweet, I'll check again when I get home. I may ring the midwives and see what they think. Problem is I'm at work and no-one knows I'm pregnant, so I can't go rushing off, and I know from past experience that sonographers don't work weekends so it's highly unlikely I'd be able to get any reassurance until Monday anyway. Argh, I don't need this stress, why can't things just be straightforward?!

By the way congratulations on getting your DD! I haven't been able to follow everyone from the TTC Pink board unfortunately so I didn't know until I saw your signature, you must be over the moon!

x

EmmyRoo
January 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks Atomic, yes my PJs were damp to the knees front and back, and my top a bit as well. Surely there wouldn't be enough fluid in there yet to cause that? Sweating is much more likely isn't it?
x

cravingsalt
January 18th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Emmy, I think this was a night sweat. My husband gets these sometimes and wakes up in a dh-shaped sweat shadow. You have a lot of very drastic hormonal changes going on and every pregnancy is different. Good luck girl, you may want to call your doc for peace of mind, but I think you and your little bean are just fine!

EmmyRoo
January 18th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Thank you craving, I'm hoping you're right. Will try to ring midwife this afternoon if I can get somewhere private to do it (curse open plan working!). Hopefully they can reassure me. X

Wanting-a-girl
January 18th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Ya I would rule out amniotic fluid cause of your gestation.

EmmyRoo
January 18th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Have left a message with the midwives, they should call back within 24hrs.
X

mrs magoo
January 18th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I had a lot of fluid when pregnant!!! I had to wear panty liners and some days pads. But always best to get checked out to be sure.

Just to clarify by fluid I meant watery cervical fluid. Some women in pregnancy get this and it can be mistaken for amniotic fluid leaking. Also re-read and given your 9 weeks if cant amniotic fluid I don't think.

That said if your bed sheet was soaked I suspect night sweat or an accident (wee).

Princess of Pink
January 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM
At 9 weeks you wouldn't have enough amniotic fluid to soak your undies, let alone your bed! I wouldn't stress about it.

Jadis
January 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'd bet my bottom dollar that this was a horomone-induced night sweat, I'm sure you and babe are just dandy but please update us when you hear from your midwife.

coocoobananas
January 19th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I am always thinking I'm peeing myself because the sweats are so bad, I'm not like that outside of pregnancy! I have enough amniotic fluid at this point and I know it's just sweat!! Especially if its up on your top too! I bet you'll be just fine:)

Mrs_P
January 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hope everything is ok and resolved. Like the others have said chances of it being your waters are small and when they do go there is usually a fair bit of the plug with it and they usually keep on leaking. Its not something i have had during pregnancy but i did have night sweats really really bad after my third it was horrible i'd wake up looking like i'd had a bucket of water chucked over my head, it got that bad i had to sleep on a towel for a couple of weeks. Always better to get checked out though just in case something is causing it

wilma_five
January 21st, 2013, 03:17 AM
and?

Bimby
January 21st, 2013, 06:52 AM
Id agree with the others, sounds like night sweat for sure! I used to have them all the time and Id wake up with soaking hair etc.. I definitely dont think it'd be your waters though x

EmmyRoo
January 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys, well I rang the midwife and she has returned my call but we keep missing each other so I've not actually spoken to anyone yet. However I'm pretty convinced now it was a night sweat so I feel a bit daft panicking like that. My bump is still there, there have been no pains, bleeding or other symptoms of m/c and my boobs are still sore so pretty sure I'm still pregnant! Scan next Mon so Fx for a strong heartbeat. Thanks so much for all your replies and concern.
X