PDA

View Full Version : How long before TTC attempt do we have to start on everything?

DebH
April 8th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry if ?'s r already here somewhere.

Plan is to TTC boy in Mid May (I had + OPK yesterday and today - another post with question about that to come).

I am still waiting on digital PH tester in mail so we don't know our start levels yet.

DH is nagging me :sigh: for how long he has to lay off the caffeine and eat differently (he drinks 4+ cups a day and is trying to wean himself now).

Also, how far ahead do we start all the supplements, meat and other diet things?

TMI but at 41, he has decreased drive which I think means he will need a big testosterone boost from supplements and meat (we hardly eat any now).

Finally, he wears briefs - how far ahead does he have to switch to boxers? He is not excited about this one either.

If you have any suggestions or answers to any of these ?'s it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
April 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM
2.5 months is what the old French Diet recommends. The life cycle of an egg is 90 days, so somewhere around those 2 recommendations is what I would aim for!

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Six weeks is standard and will help with blood sugar, sperm count, and EWCM (all these things sway). If you want to be absolutely 100% sure and sway for the entire time the egg is forming, 90 days like NBP says (and testosterone can also take some time to really start to rise) and sperm takes 2 1/2 months to form. The downside to staying on diet for a long time before you try is that it may take several months to get pg and you should only be on the diet for 6 months before taking a break - but if you're doing a less intense version of diet you can stay on it longer.

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Atomic and NBP - so our egg lasts for 90 days? (I am confused, lol... don't we release an egg every month??) x

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:08 PM
The follicles begin to grow 90 days (or so) before the egg reaches maturity. Believe it or not, all your eggs formed IN YOUR MOTHER'S body because you had all the eggs you'll ever have at birth. But before the 90 days, they are just little seeds, then they start to grow and mature (you have many eggs forming every month, between 15-20 in each ovary but only one or two manages to win the race and be released to get fertilized.