PDA

View Full Version : chart questions

DebH
April 8th, 2011, 06:20 PM
My charts aren't pretty (last month I ovulated around day 28) but this cycle has been pretty normal.

I had +opk yesterday and today. Temp was up some this am.
I had a slight fever weds and thursday night due to being sick, so I don't know if that throws anything off on this but was feeling fine in the mornings.
When would you bd if this was your chart?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/334b75

Hopefully TTC boy next cycle!

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I think you are getting into O+12 territory (due to the temp rise) and being sick can sway pink. If at all possible I would wait till next month.

DebH
April 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Not sure where my reply went - will try and re do.

We are definitely not ready to try this month, still need to get ph tester and get on supplements, diet etc...

On a "typical" chart when all other factors say "go", when is the very best time to bd?

Do you do it b4 1st +opk?

Or is it sometime after?
Example this cycle I had + on TH, F and then that night at 1am (SAT) it was -

If I hadn't been sick and was ready to try (like normal), when would you bd?

THanks,

nuthinbutpink
April 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
I believe for a boy, 12 hours after the first positive on the OPK.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Maybe the 19th/20th? Although I have the same questions myself, LOL

skrimpy
April 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I agree w/ Atomic - would NOT BD on CD 21 when you had that shift up - Ovulation probably already occurred (though the fever could throw off your temps). I would go with TTC5's suggestion and BD CD 19/20 if you were using this as a example cycle for when to BD.

I think that one of the best things to do is to watch your CM and see what it looks like typically - if you know you usually have 2 days of EWCM then BD on the 2nd day (as long as your morning temp is still low) Also good to know what days you typically O on (so if you usually O on CD 19/20 those are good days to watch for!)

NBK's suggestion about 12 hours after the first +OPK is a good one too - that should keep you safely out of O+12 range :)

I personally would always skip TTC in a month that I was sick around O unless it was really important to try and conceive that month - I have found it throws off temps and CM!

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I have a head cold/flu right now and my temps have been skewiff this month and EWCM (although my cold appeared AFTER O???)

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I believe for a boy, 12 hours after the first positive on the OPK.

I totally agree. For boy timing, either the day before or day of O is best and most people O 24-36 hours after that first OPK. So 12 hours after OPK means that anytime you O will be within that window.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I have a head cold/flu right now and my temps have been skewiff this month and EWCM (although my cold appeared AFTER O???)

It probably doesn't sway any more at that point. If your cold appeared after O then it is out of your hands anyway!!