PDA

View Full Version : Eggs

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
So French Gender Diet says no eggs when swaying boy, is this because of the calcium?

Boy mom's do you truly not eat eggs?

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I wondered this too! I was literally just reading it and I believe it says you can have eggs but only 2-3 a week. I've been eating 2 a day, yolks included, because when I got pg with my ladies I ate only egg whites so don't want to do that again.

nuthinbutpink
April 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Everything in the French Gender Diet has to fit their profile of the correct ratio of sodium/potassium to calcium/magnesium. So, if a particular food does not fit the profile with the correct ratios, it is excluded from the diet. Eggs are allowed once or twice per week in cooking but never alone because of the mineral content they contain.

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 09:52 PM
But if they are eaten with potatoes would that balance things out, theoretically speaking of course, or should I remove them from my daily breakfasts entirely?

Begonia - I too was an egg white eater with my girls so I'm not doing that again either lol

nuthinbutpink
April 8th, 2011, 09:53 PM
The yolk is where the sodium is. The diet says you must follow it as it reads...up to you!

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Just looking for loopholes:rofl:

ELP
April 9th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I think this is when you really have to choose whether your going to do 100% FG diet or follow the TW principles isn't it?Hopefuly in 12-18 months we'll have some results to go by, we're kind of like the new original's aren't we lol.

nuthinbutpink
April 9th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Yes. FYI, another thread is going somewhere about eggs and Atomic believes they are good for blue. They do not have a lot of calcium or magnesium in them.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I don't know what they are going off of for that, because eggs don't have a lot of magnesium or calcium really, but I STRONGLY believe eggs are GREAT for TTC blue. Perfect protein, one of the few natural sources of Vit D and the cholesterol in the yolks is the building block of testosterone.

You have to do what makes the most sense to you. The idea that in order to conceive a baby of a particular gender, we require some exact, specific ratio of minerals that affects all people everywhere around the world exactly the same regardless of genetic heritage, does not make any sense to me at all, esp. since humans could not even drink milk until 15,000 years ago and many cultures eat very very little calcium yet the gender ratio stays the same.

If you like the French Diet, I still think it can sway for you but I REALLY hope that blue swayers bend the rules a bit and allow eggs and nuts and don't cut out calcium entirely, and pink swayers stay away from nuts and eat eggs and meat only in moderation.

Coccinelle33
April 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
i hate eggs and never eat them!

Coccinelle33
April 9th, 2011, 01:20 PM
i myself think their good for ttc girls just because i know so many people who eat eggs a lot and have more girls and that so many of the sways people who got girls would put they ate a load of eggs. just my thoughts though. im pretty sure their acidic as well.

Hobbermittens
April 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I don't really like eggs, so I hope I don't have to eat them much when TTC a boy. I use them for cooking, but rarely eat them on their own.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
There are no magic foods that produce kids of one gender or prevent them from being conceived! If you hate a food, you don't have to eat it, just pick something that you do like!

3Pink1Blue
April 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
i myself think their good for ttc girls just because i know so many people who eat eggs a lot and have more girls and that so many of the sways people who got girls would put they ate a load of eggs. just my thoughts though. im pretty sure their acidic as well.

I know a lot of us girl mom's were egg whiters, not whole eggs.

Hobbermittens
April 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
There are no magic foods that produce kids of one gender or prevent them from being conceived! If you hate a food, you don't have to eat it, just pick something that you do like!

:)I read the "magic food" article you wrote... I just want to stick as close to the boy diet(s) as possible, and I don't want to exclude something that might really help.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I LOVED eggs with my girls ate them whole so this time have now decided after much though, to avoid them. Saying that, once a blue moon I won't hold back but for the most part won't have them