PDA

View Full Version : HELP Please, need to figure out OV

sd2012
January 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I am right now in first month of charting my temperatures and trying to observe my body for ovulation symptoms.

I need help figuring out my ovulation date, i got a negative for opk test on CD13 around 6PM evening, then got a positive on CD 14 around 6PM again. Tested on CD15 8AM, and the test says negative. So does it mean i was fertile only for one day? how should I interpret these results ? Please HELP am confused.

Here's my FF chart, am unable to share the link so posting the image8214

True Blue
January 20th, 2013, 03:14 PM
When you get a positive opk you generally ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours :) you will see a temp rise the day following ovulation but this can only be confirmed if your temperature stays up for 3 days :)
Fertility Friend will then put lines on your chart pinpointing ovulation day and showing your coverline (check my chart)
You might see a temp rise in the morning or the next day :) Good Luck :luck:

Also it is very normal to only have one positive ovulation test, the LH surge can be very short :)

Cinss
January 20th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Id say O will be confirmed on your chart on cd15, 16 or maybe even 17, but like True Blue said you need to have 3 high temps for it to be confirmed.

HopefulMonster
January 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Your chart looks good so far :)

The first cycles are the hardest, it gets easier once you figure out your own patterns. You should get a temperature rise over the next couple of days that will basically confirm that you O'd.

Put simply the opk stick measures a hormone that rises to make you ovulate. When you get a +opk it means you are going to ovulate within the next couple of days, so you are fertile from around the first +opk, till about 20 hours after you ovulate! Don't worry, it doesn't mean you are only fertile for a day!

When you do ovulate, the morning after your temperature will be higher, so you can tell it has happened after 3 high temps.

sd2012
January 22nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
thank you all for clarifying. I mean i was worried as to why the opk test came up positive only once, i thought they will be positive until i am fertile. It was not positive when I tested on CD15. Here's my current chart, still there's no ov confirmation in my chart.
41bd63 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/41bd63/)

xxxx
January 23rd, 2013, 01:35 AM
The OPKs usually detect the LH surge rise and this occurs 12-48 hrs prior to ovulation. You can get a +OPK result and then negative the next day but actual ovulation occurs for some when the result is negative the next day. E.g. this month I had a +ve OPK on CD 15 at 7pm, but ovulation took place on CD 16 from 5.30pm but I had a -ve OPK at this time. I observed temp increase and pains on left and right side of my lower belly. HTH.