PDA

View Full Version : digital ph meter can not afford - what about ACCURATE PH stripes ?

littlebee3
April 9th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I am from Europe, ordering a Hannah digital tester with all the solutions would be quite expensive for me...I just wonder are the tests stripes equally reliable, and where to get the wide range of acidity ph test stripes? for example that it shows 3,4, 4,5 etc.... By mistake I bought a packet and then realised that its range of ph is 5-14, I dont need that, except for the man sperm, but most of the time I will probably need acidity check, so I dont know what to do...please advise me! Thanks mommies and mommies to be!:wink:

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I had great success with the phIon brand, what you want is something that is for health purposes and not for swimming pools/aquariums, etc.

Here are some available from Amazon UK that would work. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Health-Strips-urine-saliva-testing/dp/B00307DA7K/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_0/280-1248809-2652212 They only go down to 4.5 - does anyone know of a brand that goes lower? (you don't need to have them go lower if you don't want to)

SpicyTunaSushi
April 11th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I have these (in the UK) and they don't work well for me, I find the lower end of the range more ambiguous. They do work well for DH. I think universal strips work best for me, at least so far.

Hobbermittens
April 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I have bought the pHion strips as well as pHinex. Both are available through Amazon. I haven't had much luck with them for myself, but I am going to see if they work for DH.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 12th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Hobbermittens- would they change colour? I think the alkaline ones work better for DH. Again, I have better luck with universal- though they only come in whole numbers.