PDA

View Full Version : Long Overdue Birth Story

dloui128
January 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM
On 12/18 I went to the dr's for my regular checkup, I wasn't in the best of moods since I was a few days late and I was up all night with contractions that ended up going away that morning. When I got to the dr they did an NST and sono and when she checked me I was 4cm dilated. I had been 4 cm for over a week so I wasn't expecting anything to happen on its own. The dr must of seen how miserable I was and said to come back in a few hours and she would re check me and if I was dilated anymore than she would send me to the hospital and break my water. So I drove back to work when I got to work I started having some contractions but I figured they would just go away like they did the night before. About an hour later the contractions starting getting really intense and they were 2 mins apart. I called the dr and she told me she would meet me at the hospital. When I stood up to leave work that is when my water broke!! Driving to the hospital was a blur, I had some severe road rage because the contractions were like a minute apart at that point. When I got to the hospital 20 mins later DH was pissed at me because I didn't let him pick me up at work I just told him to meet me at the hospital, oh well. When I finally got into a room the nurse checked me and I was 8cm! At that point the contractions were one on top of another and I started throwing up which was not a nice experience. My dr walked into the room a few mins later and I said I wanted an epidural, she said sure just let me check you first then all of a sudden I was like forget it I need to push now. She checked me and sure enough his head was right there. She quickly got into her scrubs, told me to push and he was out in one push. From start to finish my labor was 2hrs and 40 mins I couldn't believe how fast it was.

West Michael was 8lbs 15ounces 22 1/2 inches long he's beautiful and I feel so blessed.

PeonyPrincess
January 22nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing your birth story. Birth is so amazing and it sounds like you did a brilliant job. Enjoy your cuddly boy. (I love his name).

Violet_
January 22nd, 2013, 01:55 AM
Wow, can't believe you drove yourself to hospital - in labour!

dloui128
January 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks ladies

Violet- I know a lot of people weren't that happy with me but I'm very impatient so I didn't want to wait for DH and good thing I didn't or I would of had my baby right at work!

Butterfly Spirit
January 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Wow, an amazing birth story Dloiui! :)
I'm so happy for you mama! Isn't that mommy son bond amaazing!? ;)

The Anchor
January 22nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
Congrats (AGAIN) on your SON...and LOVE the name!

dloui128
January 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Wow, an amazing birth story Dloiui! :)
I'm so happy for you mama! Isn't that mommy son bond amaazing!? ;)

yes it is :)

Princess of Pink
January 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Excellent story hon!! You did fantastic. Congrats again on the birth of your handsome little man.

Hobbermittens
January 22nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
WOW! That was a fast labor! Did your other labors go that quickly? He was a big boy! Congrats!

dloui128
January 22nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
WOW! That was a fast labor! Did your other labors go that quickly? He was a big boy! Congrats!

DD1 was 18 hrs DD2 was 6 so I guess it's true for me that each kid is quicker

5boysandcounting
July 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Wow congrats and well done xxx

Hazela
November 25th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Good job mama! and thanks for sharing.

atomic sagebrush
November 25th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Oh gosh I never saw this! What an amazing story and sooo happy for you!! I love his name!!! :)

dloui128
November 25th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Oh gosh I never saw this! What an amazing story and sooo happy for you!! I love his name!!! :)

haha thanks Atomic, it seems like it was yesterday, I can't believe he is going to be 2 next month!!

Myloves
February 25th, 2015, 04:28 AM
dloui128, how are you? i miss talking to you! i can't believe your baby boy is now a toddler! I just had twin girls myself last year in october :)

dloui128
February 25th, 2015, 10:38 AM
dloui128, how are you? i miss talking to you! i can't believe your baby boy is now a toddler! I just had twin girls myself last year in october :)

Wow twins you are so lucky :)

I am good, busy as always. I can't believe my little man is a toddler, I feel like I just had him. The toddler years are definitely tough