PDA

View Full Version : 3 Days Left...

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
I don't post here much...mainly because I joined the party a little late andeveryone already seemed to have settled into a group.

Anyhow, hoping I can get a little advice, maybe a kind word or two lol ;)

I had really bad GD with my last pregnancy... I dont ever want to go through that again. We werent planning this baby at all, but when we found out around 9/10 wks, we decided to go ahead and just take what we were given.

Now, at first, I was really going to be green. Then as I was about 14/15 wks, I started getting really impatient to know. Tbh, I posted a comparison pic on Facebook, and everyone was going on about it being a girl this time. Idk, I know everyone means well, but it really makes a person sooo happy to hear everyone saying EXACTLY what you want to hear (nevermind those bothersome boy guesses on your 11w6d nub pic lol). plus, since I really want a girl, it's just gonna burn to go back and not say it's a girl. I know people will say I'm sorry..it's no way to welcome ababy. :(

I really just have to know. I dont know how Ill react, but I hope I'm one of those people that don't have a lick of GD the 3rd time around. I want to be a regular sad...not 24 weeks of hell like last time. I want to be happy, not just pretend. I'm so tired of that. This is a joyus time, why do I feel this way? Know what I mean?

The one good thing is that everyone still thinks I'm not finding out and only my close family, hubs, and on-line friends even know about my appt. I even straight up lied to one of my closet friends and said this was a regular ob appt and we would set up the scan then (she wants to come and have the tech tell her in her ear...seriously? Wth?). I don't know I tv kinda sucks having no one to understand me. Hubs is just scared of me getting depressed again...he put up with a lot last time. I'm scared too.

I really really hope I hear girl at this u/s, but I'm trying to prepare for a boy. I flip flop back and forth on what I 'feel' it is, but I really don't know. My 5 yr old always said that ds2 was a boy- he was! :) & now he's sure this one is a girl. I asked him 'well, what if it's a boy?' And he thought about it and shrugged 'so what? If it's a boy it's okay...if it's a girl that's okay too'. <3 I'm trying to keep that in mind too :)

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Omg, I really wrote a longgggg post. Sorry. Guess I needed to release that word vomit. Lol.

jennaesue
January 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
My third child was also an oops pregnancy. After ds2, we planned to try for a third (and I planned to sway or at that point I was thinking we might to MS/IUI because it was still an option then) in a few years. Well, then I had a birth control mix-up at the pharmacy and missed a week, and lo and behold, we were expecting. I was really hoping it was a girl, and in fact really felt that it was a girl. But at my 20 week ultrasound we found it was another boy. I was sad (very sad - I cried a lot for a week or two), but by the time he was born, my sadness was gone and I was just happy to have a new little baby. I really think my gender disappointment got better with each boy I had. Which gives me hope that I might not be a total basket case if this new baby is a boy, too. And our third was supposed to be our last. But then when he was about 9 months old, my dh surprised me by saying he was up for another baby, and about a year after that, I swayed and we got pregnant. So here I am with another chance. I am fully expecting this to be a boy, but I am still glad I got one more chance. So you never know what will happen.

I hope you hear "it's a girl" at your ultrasound, but if not, I hope you let yourself be sad and give yourself the time you need to process the news, and then I hope you fall head over heels in love with your new little one. Good luck and I can't wait to hear the results!

ps: I think you are making the right decision finding out. I didn't find out with my first, and I had myself convinced he was a girl. When he was born, I had the worst postpartum depression and gender disappointment. It was much better when I had time to deal with the prospect of another boy while still pregnant, rather during the stressful and emotional time after giving birth.

Longingforgirl
January 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to cope with this, I am in the very same position. I just still have a few more week of going crazy ahead of me, lol.

I just wanted to say I am crossing my fingers for you that you will hear girl this time. I so know what you mean, and I have no idea how I am going to handle it if the tech says "boy" again. I feel like I cannot go through all the baby phase again "just" for another boy. Sounds harsh, but I just can't help it.

Wishing you lots of luck for your app!! I will let the tech write the gender in an envelope so I won't have to react on it right then and there in front of him. I think I would definately break down and cry immediately. It was so hard with DS2. When she said "boy" I didn't want to go through with the rest of the scan. I had tears in my eyes and I was so disappointed and sad and so occupied holding back my tears in front of her. And this time it is going to be even worse because the desire to have a daughter has nothing but grown.

Wishing you all the best...!:fingers:

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Jennasue: thank you for all your kind words! I hope you hear girl too. I don't want another child, girl or not. That will be the hardest part, knowing for a fact, that I'll never have a daughter if this baby isn't one. I will either get a tubal or Norplant (or whatever the brand name is now).

Longing: I was thinking of doing something similar. I'm going to ask the tech to let me watch the ultrasound, but not have the tech reveal the gender until I ask. I am pretty sure a boy will be clear to me. Then I can either ask her to write it down (if I think boy) and to just tell me if I suspect girl. Idk, that might go out the window... Lol. I hope you hear girl too. Thanks for replying :) It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Thorz300
January 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
I wish I had the magic potion to take the GD away from all of us! I worked really hard at trying to be ok with another boy and I even "think" I am finally at a place where I can say I will be fine with 4 boys, but I worry that it might be easier said than done, I may not be as ready as I think I am to have a 4th boy. I too wonder if I should just wait to find out the gender. If you do decide to wait, I would just look away during the scan. With my last baby, I wanted to wait, but as soon as the tech put the wand on my belly, I saw his boy parts staring right at me!!! LOL so I really didn't even get the choice to wait, I didn't mean to find out!!
I'm so sorry for your pain, there are not a lot of people in our lives who truly understand what we go through with GD :(

jennaesue
January 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Jennasue: thank you for all your kind words! I hope you hear girl too. I don't want another child, girl or not. That will be the hardest part, knowing for a fact, that I'll never have a daughter if this baby isn't one. I will either get a tubal or Norplant (or whatever the brand name is now).

Longing: I was thinking of doing something similar. I'm going to ask the tech to let me watch the ultrasound, but not have the tech reveal the gender until I ask. I am pretty sure a boy will be clear to me. Then I can either ask her to write it down (if I think boy) and to just tell me if I suspect girl. Idk, that might go out the window... Lol. I hope you hear girl too. Thanks for replying :) It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Thanks! I am really thinking it's a fourth boy for me at this point. We'll see in about 4 weeks!

I think I am going to ask the tech to show me the gender bits and let me look for myself. I would rather just see boy parts than to have to hear "it's a boy." If I think it is a boy, I'll say "it's a boy, right?" and then have her confirm or deny, lol. I don't know why, but I feel better about figuring it out for myself and not having her make some grand announcement.

Mommyof3boys
January 22nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Momma bee you should definetly jump in on the roll call thread everyone would love to have you. I Completely understand how you are feeling. I wanted a dd so bad during my last pregnancy that I couldn't stand it. I opted not to find out because I knew that emotionally I would not be able to handle knowing my baby was a boy for 20 weeks before I got to see him. I miscarried during my first pregnancy and have always felt like it has affected my bonding with the baby during the pregnancy and I knew that I would be extremely upset because we were only going to have 3. When he was born I initially was upset and cried for a few minutes and didn't want to even hold him. After the initial saddness I was fine though and completely in love with him. I even got to a point where I thought that I would be fine and happy only having 3 boys and not until recently even considered a fourth. Because of our ages we decided to try one more time because I didn't want to wait another 5 or6 years and then regret not trying. I personally am trying to just convince myself that this baby is a boy and think of it as our fourth boy so I will not be upset. I am definetly not going to find out the gender this time either for many of the same reasons as before.

I have also had both my mom and sister try to get me to let them go and find out the gender. I told them they are crazy and that none of us will be finding out. I may not even tell them when I go so I won't have to hear them beforehand.

EmmyRoo
January 22nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hi mommabee, no answers here either I'm afraid but I just wanted to say you are not alone and I understand exactly how you feel. This is our last baby, after DS2 my DH said no more and I was devastated - he chose the night my sister gave birth to her daughter and (unknowingly) gave her 'my' girls name which didn't help! Trying to come to terms with never having a daughter was impossible and I fell to pieces every time someone I knew had a girl (which felt like every week! Lol!). Eventually DH couldn't bear seeing me so upset and said we could have one more shot, so we swayed and here we are crossing everything that it was somehow meant to be after thinking we'd never have 3 so this must be a girl. I just can't see it though.

We've booked a private gender scan for 16 weeks and no-one will be told we're finding out. My parents are babysitting the boys so they know we're going for 3d pictures, but that's all they know. If they ask the baby was in the wrong position. I strongly feel that DH+I need time to get to grips with another boy before being bombarded with questions and comments from everyone we know.

I just know this will be a boy, I believe swaying works but I don't think it has for me, I didn't lower testosterone enough and frankly, I can't see myself being lucky enough to be blessed, not only with a third healthy baby, but also my DG. The thought of the scan sends my heart rate sky high though, I am dreading that moment so much I'm almost forgetting to worry about it being healthy! It's a horrible thing GD, I wish none of us had to go through it. I really hope you hear girl on Friday, but if not, you're not alone. :hugs:
X

Jadis
January 22nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
Oh ladies, I connect so much with each of your comments. Mommabee, I'm right there with you. I've got 2 boys and am aching for a daughter. My gender scan is TOMORROW and my stomach has been in a knot all day. I'm not sure I'll get much sleep tonight because tomorrow feels like doomsday for me. Once I know that this is a boy, I can't unknow it. Having my last shred of hope dashed will hurt so bad. This is our last baby and our last shot for the daughter I feel I need to fill this gap in my heart. My DH doesn't get it, he's just excited to find out and he's not fussed whether it's a boy or girl. Of course, he says he'd like a girl for my benefit but he doesn't relate to the ache I feel.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be asking the tech to write the gender in an envelope and include a potty shot for me to take in with my own eyes. I just know that I will fall to pieces if it's a boy and I'd like to do that in the privacy of my own home, not a clinic. I know that waiting until the birth won't change the outcome and I think it's better for me to have the time to process the news before he's in my arms. Still, I'm terrified. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, Mommabee, but I totally get it.

WantingPink
January 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
I am so sorry!! I am in your exact same position only I haven't told ANYONE that I am PG. I am so fearful of what people will say that I feel like I need to deal with it myself first. I had bad GD with my DS2. I had to BEG my DH for a third and he made me promise that I wouldn't want a 4th baby if this is a boy. I was planning on swaying and then... BFP. I have already convinced myself that this baby is a boy and I am bracing myself for the disappointment and the comments from friends and family. I really do feel for you however, the women on here are great and make me feel more "normal" about the way I feel... especially when DH is ready to commit me because of my GD... he really doesn't get it at all!! GL to you and let us all know either way. The women on here are very supportive!!

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks! I am really thinking it's a fourth boy for me at this point. We'll see in about 4 weeks!

I think I am going to ask the tech to show me the gender bits and let me look for myself. I would rather just see boy parts than to have to hear "it's a boy." If I think it is a boy, I'll say "it's a boy, right?" and then have her confirm or deny, lol. I don't know why, but I feel better about figuring it out for myself and not having her make some grand announcement.

I still have my fingers crossed for you, but more importantly I hope that you are at peace if you hear boy (of course healthy too, but that's a given). I feel the same way as you. I don't want to be waiting for her to tell me as I don't want her to be waiting for my reaction after she says "it's a...". I'm sincerely hoping that if I see a boy, I'll be excited and ask without being sad.

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
I wish I had the magic potion to take the GD away from all of us! I worked really hard at trying to be ok with another boy and I even "think" I am finally at a place where I can say I will be fine with 4 boys, but I worry that it might be easier said than done, I may not be as ready as I think I am to have a 4th boy. I too wonder if I should just wait to find out the gender. If you do decide to wait, I would just look away during the scan. With my last baby, I wanted to wait, but as soon as the tech put the wand on my belly, I saw his boy parts staring right at me!!! LOL so I really didn't even get the choice to wait, I didn't mean to find out!!
I'm so sorry for your pain, there are not a lot of people in our lives who truly understand what we go through with GD :(

I totally agree with you....I wish that GD didn't even exist for any of us. I wish we could all get what we want. I really did want to wait, but I especially can't listen to sooo many people saying that I'm having a girl. Last time, I was so upset when everyone kept saying boy....this time I am just the opposite. I don't want that false hope.

When will you find out if you decide to?

Violet_
January 22nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
Just a short reply as I've been up a lot overnight with a sick toddler, but just wanted to say welcome. Come over the the due date thread if you like. Hope all goes well with your scan and there are so many is the same position as you or that have been exactly were you are and understand. Lots of hugs at this uncertain time.

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 09:26 PM
I just know this will be a boy, I believe swaying works but I don't think it has for me, I didn't lower testosterone enough and frankly, I can't see myself being lucky enough to be blessed, not only with a third healthy baby, but also my DG. The thought of the scan sends my heart rate sky high though, I am dreading that moment so much I'm almost forgetting to worry about it being healthy! It's a horrible thing GD, I wish none of us had to go through it. I really hope you hear girl on Friday, but if not, you're not alone. :hugs:
X

It is a horrible thing, but I know that all of us ladies want our babies to be healthy. We might not worry about it, but that's because our other issues take front row. I will never know if a sway would have helped us. I do know that I o'ed in a new moon phase, hubs and I had just gotten engaged in August and I had been newly accepted to a nursing program, so I was blissful and calm (for once lol). I was eating the same as normal and I know that diet is a huge factor in swaying. We weren't trying. I think that's the biggest thing in my favor. TTC makes me bat-shit crazy.

I do feel the same way, you and DH will need time to come to terms with it yourself without the rest of the rude freaking world butting in. I hope you hear girl too.

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 09:36 PM
Oh ladies, I connect so much with each of your comments. Mommabee, I'm right there with you. I've got 2 boys and am aching for a daughter. My gender scan is TOMORROW and my stomach has been in a knot all day. I'm not sure I'll get much sleep tonight because tomorrow feels like doomsday for me. Once I know that this is a boy, I can't unknow it. Having my last shred of hope dashed will hurt so bad. This is our last baby and our last shot for the daughter I feel I need to fill this gap in my heart. My DH doesn't get it, he's just excited to find out and he's not fussed whether it's a boy or girl. Of course, he says he'd like a girl for my benefit but he doesn't relate to the ache I feel.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be asking the tech to write the gender in an envelope and include a potty shot for me to take in with my own eyes. I just know that I will fall to pieces if it's a boy and I'd like to do that in the privacy of my own home, not a clinic. I know that waiting until the birth won't change the outcome and I think it's better for me to have the time to process the news before he's in my arms. Still, I'm terrified. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, Mommabee, but I totally get it.

The potty shot w/ the announcement sounds like a good idea too. I imagine you must be soo nervous right now. I am pretty nervous/anxious/whatever and I still have two days left. I totally get what you're saying...completely. Hubs doesn't understand this for me either. He'd like a daughter, sure, but he doesn't feel so strongly about it. If he shed a tear, it would be for me and not for the daughter he won't have. I completely get the ache you're talking about...I've always wanted a daughter and now it's like...oh man, I might not get one. THEN what?

I'm really hoping you hear girl tomorrow...I'll be stalking! What time is your appt?

Mommabee
January 22nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Wantingpink- Yeah, I can't believe that I didn't get a chance to sway either. Our surprise came a couple years too early. lol. I hope we both hear girl...ups our chances of our OH's NOT committing us LOL! (mine has flat out said he thinks I need therapy...but just because he doesn't understand it doesn't make it abnormal, per say.)

Violet- Thanks for the welcome! I will be joining the roll call thread. I hope your LO is feeling better soon. It sucks when they are sick, the flu JUST finished making its rounds here. Ugh.

Mommyof3boys- I worried about waiting until birth. It was bad enough that I checked my last boy right after I had him... "just to make sure" although I had had 3 ultrasounds to confirm his gender. It's those small memories that hurt. Moments when I should have been basking in having delivered my child and instead I am making sure that they weren't wrong. Sigh. Like you, I tell everyone that I think it's a boy- I had a dream this one was a girl and instead I posted that I had a dream that it was a boy. I feel like a fake, but I want them to think I'm getting what I want for once. Or maybe I'm fooling no one but myself. Team green is awesome though, such a great surprise (and hopefully PINK surprise for you!).

Sorry I got tired of trying to respond to everyone individually. =)

But thanks to everyone for all the support. I feel so welcomed here. I really, really appreciate it. it's so nice to be understood.

NearlyDone
January 23rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
I found number 3 hard.....but i was so convinced she was a boy i think gd would have been worse at birth...40 weeks is a long way to go when your convinced it the opposite gender x

AndreaOD
January 24th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Not long to go now Mommabee!!! Only 1 day to go :) Hope you hear PINK!!! x

Mommabee
January 24th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Omg, I know! 2nd night in a row I've had intense dreams that wake me up. Tonight, this girl I know who has two boys (and aborted a third after finding out the sex) was there, as well as, my ex best friend, who had a daughter 2 wks after I had my littlest. All 3 of us were pregnant. The girl who has 2 boys kept saying 'i dont care what it is...I'm happy with my boys' and my old friend kept patting her stomach without saying a wrd about the gender of her baby.

Don't know what it means...probably just my subconscious all a flutter with this extra stuff. I'm not exactly stressed...more like nervous, anxious, excited....all at once. Lol. I am so ready to know.

Thanks! Hoping I get a pink one too :)

Nearlydone- Yea, totally agree. For me, I dont want to keep the hope alive for too long. I'd be crushed, I think too. But going green seemed like a good idea at first. Perfect cover though! This is my first preg that tons of people arent all dying to know immediately! :)

heidih1977
January 24th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Hi mommabee,

Firstly welcome. Most of us are in the same boat here....longing for a little girl. I am the same as you. Two boys and desperate for a girl. Am 16 weeks gone and refused to look at the scan last week in case I saw something. Have my anatomy scan in 4 weeks which I must say I am totally dreading. I so wish I could approach this pregnancy with joy and happy anticipation but instead I am constantly wracked with GD and fears of being a mom of only boys for the rest of my life. It really is terrible and the only person I really confide in is a close friend. I feel so many people don't understand it or can't understand it. I think back on my sway constantly and think it was the worst sway month of all...which only deepens my fear that this will be another boy. Meanwhile I am surrounded by pregnant friends and acquaintances who will no doubt be having daughters and there's me with the third boy. Anyway will be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow. I so hope you hear pink. We are hear for you regardless. Best of luck!!!

Justjessica
January 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hi Mommabee! Welcome, all the ladies on here are lovely and so many people will feel like you do. I could have written all the same things as the other posts! I really hope you hear girl at your scan and there are loads of people on here to chat things through if you need to. Good luck!

Mommabee
January 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Getting registered!!

cvd
January 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Getting registered!!

Yay!!!

Mommabee
January 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Omg! Excited but sooo nervous!

True Blue
January 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
:cheer: Good Luck :fx:

WantingPink
January 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM
:fingers: for you!!

Thorz300
January 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
This is exciting!!! I really hope you get that girl, if not we are here for you!!!

cvd
January 25th, 2013, 02:52 PM
The suspense is killing me lol!!

NearlyDone
January 25th, 2013, 03:09 PM
good luck xxx

Praying4Pink
January 25th, 2013, 03:13 PM
:pray: for your :XX: Bee!

Longingforgirl
January 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Good luck!!! :luck: I hope you hear girl!

Mrs_P
January 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM
bumping for news or did i miss the update?

luckylass
January 25th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Really hope you heard pink today. Fingers crossed for you.

Mommabee
January 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry, ladies! I tried to post from the hospital, but my phone died! It's a healthy baby girl! Thanks for all the pink wishes...can't believe I'm going to have a daughter! :)

Praying4Pink
January 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Sorry, ladies! I tried to post from the hospital, but my phone died! It's a healthy baby girl! Thanks for all the pink wishes...can't believe I'm going to have a daughter! :)

:running: Yeah Congrats Bee! I was praying for you honey. Blow that dust my way doll :HH:

jennaesue
January 25th, 2013, 04:51 PM
How wonderful! Congratulations on your baby girl!

Thorz300
January 25th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Oh my goodness, Congrats!!!! That is so wonderful! Now lets hope the rest of us get our girls too!

Violet_
January 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Congratulations Bee!! A sweet baby girl. Naww.

Mommabee
January 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I hope each of you get your dg! And any pink dust I have is surely sprinkling down on you ladies!

EmmyRoo
January 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Oh my god mommabee that is fantastic! Congratulations!
:cheerteam:
X

aroundtheworld
January 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you!

cvd
January 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!

True Blue
January 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Huge Congratulations :cheer:

WantingPink
January 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
That is such good news and you are giving me hope!! Thanks for the update!! Do you have some pictures to post??

Jadis
January 25th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Yay! congrats, Bee! I'm delighted for you :) Would love to see a potty shot, got any you could post?

Mommabee
January 25th, 2013, 09:47 PM
The tech did not get any potty shots! :( He wasn't really concerned with the sex at all. I didnt even have to tell him not to tell me. I saw the sex clearly 3 times before he asked me at the end if I had any questions. Of course, I asked for confirmation and he spent a minute showing me the labia, etc. I will post a profile, but that's not the money shot! ;)

NearlyDone
January 26th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Congratulations :-)

Longingforgirl
January 26th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Yay, congratulations!! So happy for you!! :flowerz:

Praying4Pink
January 26th, 2013, 08:09 AM
The tech did not get any potty shots! :( He wasn't really concerned with the sex at all. I didnt even have to tell him not to tell me. I saw the sex clearly 3 times before he asked me at the end if I had any questions. Of course, I asked for confirmation and he spent a minute showing me the labia, etc. I will post a profile, but that's not the money shot! ;)

Bee you are in the States and NY no less, I am shocked that the tech didn't give you a potty shot. That is the best part of the anatomy scan, lol. Well obviously a healthy baby and getting to see the baby in action is the *best* part but the potty shot is a close second. I have a new Ob and I hope my tech gives me a potty shot. I am actually going to my old Ob for my 3D/4D and I KNOW they give potty shots there! Either way I am still glad you heard girl!!!!

NearlyDone
January 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
We dont get potty shots in the uk(unless you have a private scan) but with my son she took pity on me and gave me one because i was sobbing and saying OH wont believe me(he couldn't get the time off work to come) lol

Justjessica
January 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Congratulations! That's fab news, so happy for you.

luckylass
January 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Ah so so delighted for you. Congratulations.

AndreaOD
January 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM
YAY!!! Congrats Mommabee on your daughter!! So happy for you :) You must be over the moon!!! Now send me some of that pink dust please lol :)

maybeoneday
January 27th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Congratulations! That must have been amazing to hear after boy nub guesses!

You give us hope! X

Mommabee
January 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I have never gotten a potty shot through my drs office. My last preg I went to an elective place but didnt get a potty shot (I did get a penis shot, but no potty shots) either. I dont know if its becase i need to ask or what. This was the same guy who took my nub shots...

my4leafclover
January 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Oh I can so relate!!! I feel like I could write a book. I am in a bit of a unique situation. After 5 HT attempts for a DD, DH and I decided that if we were lucky enough to have a healthy xy for transfer that we would. I am now 40 and pretty much at the end of the line, which is causing me to be both happy and sad at the same time. I am happy to be able to experience this one more time and my boys are all old enough to understand and it is very exciting to share this with them. At the same time I am morning the fact that I will never have a dd or sister for my amazing little guys. It is a very strange combination to be happy AND sad at the same time. We had 3 normal embryos. 2 were not metabolically strong and were early blasts. The third was a perfect hatching blast boy. I am 99% sure that he is my little bean in there. I am going to do that materniti21 test to make sure.I just need to know and then I can announce the gender along with my pregnancy. There were 2 that took but one was lost about about 6 weeks. I hope you guys get your dd's. I can't tell you how much it helps to read on here and see other people who understand all of these emotions.

The Anchor
January 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM
CONGRATS on your DAUGHTER mommabee!!!