PDA

View Full Version : Need a name to go with Skylar

stephiel
April 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Hey girls-we found out this week our little bean is a girl and I am dying to figure out her name. I have had lists of favorites for years but it seems all the girls names went from being old fashioned to being very very popular. I am ok using them as a middle name but they don't necessarily sound "perfect".

Also, due to a strange family issue on my DH's side we can't use an A which I happen to love.

Our #1 name right now is Skylar______ Landau
I like a double name-think its super cute so I tend to like it when they flow together. Was leaning towards Anne but not with the family issue can't use that name, plus its my DH's step moms name and she'd have concerns with it.

Oh also, I prefer a girly middle name since Skylar is unisex

So far I kind of like:
Grace
Olivia (I wanted this is a first name, spelled with as A prior to its popularity)
Layne or Laine (not sure if it sounds like a street)
Marie (my mama's and sister middle name)
Lee (don't love the name but like the way it sounds)
Rae
Mae
Rayne- Like the way it sounds but a little corny since Skylar will be callled Skye

Our #2 name is London which is so cute with Landau but I love to have a shortened nickname and don't like any that would come along with London.

Would love your thoughts!! Thanks

familiesr4ever
April 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I like Marie the best, especially since it will have meaning for you. Skylar Marie Laundau sounds very cute and it "girls" it up. Grace is also beautiful, but I read somewhere that it is one of the most popular middle names for girls right now, not sure if it matters since it will be the middle name. London is very cute as well but I agree it doesn't have any cute nicknames. Second pick would be Skylar Laine, I think it sound cute too, and I don't think of a street. What about Skylar Hope or Skylar Leigh(spelled like this instead of Lee) GL.

Belle
April 10th, 2011, 04:55 AM
When I first read it I thought of Mae then read on and it's on your list I love that name and it is girly. My first thought of Laine was a street Sorry. Too many L sounds with Lee and it is a unisex name, not girly I think Jade, Eve go well also I love London, Lon can be cute and can grow on you just say it a few times out loud and you'll know whether you can rule it out or not. Good Luck Skylar is a beautiful name

boys4girls0
April 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I think Skylar Grace and Skylar Rae go best. x

Foxy
April 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I vote for Marie. Sounds lovely and it has a special meaning as well.

purplepoet20
April 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am funny and like the sound of Skylar Raine. the sky and rain go together like peanut butter and jelly :) Marie is also very cute and family names are just special. I think London Landau sounds odd, a little to rhymy and may make it easy for kids to make fun of it.

xnicolax
April 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Skylar Rose?

ladybug
April 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
How about Skylar Jayde ?

puppydogstails
April 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Skylar Rae is my favourate :) I also like Skylar grace.

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I like them all but esp. Skylar Grace. I like the name Skylar a lot, very pretty.

shouldihope?
June 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Congrats. I say Grace.

TTC5
June 5th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Skylar Ruby
Skylar Elizabeth
Skylar Louise
Skylar Jayne
Skylar Mary
Skylar Maia

stephiel
June 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks girls! We are torn right now between a few names. We will likely go with either Skylar Grace (Grace is one of my all time favorites but its just oh so popular) or Skylar Anne- Anne is my middle name and I like the idea of a double name and I think sklyar anne is very cute and could catch on...I am going to start a new thread for our second name pick. Looking forward to hearing what you think...

Roonarpia
June 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Grace

Snowflakes
June 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
My hubby & I love the name Grace too, however we decided against it due to it's enormous popularity right now. GL choosing a name :)