PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Pre-term/Premature Baby?

HopefulMonster
January 22nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
My waters broke at 35 weeks, no idea why. Thank god everything was fine other than the obvious low birth weight, some minor blood sugar issues for the first few days, & some jaundice.

My labour was hard and fast, waters broke just before midnight, was 7cm at 3am and 10cm by 5.15am. Born at 5.30am. LO was back to back so it hurt like hell, and I got a lot of tearing.

My worry is about how everyone says your 2nd child is usually earlier, with a faster labour.

Has anyone had a late preemie, and gone on to have a full term baby? And are 2nd labours always faster?

Wanting-a-girl
January 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
I had my 1st almost three weeks early my second was a week over due and my third was induced at 39 bu all very fast

aimee83
January 23rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
With my first she was born at 34 weeks, the labor was similar to yours, water broke at 3am got to hospital at 6 and wasn't dilated, by the time I got into a birthing room and they checked me at 8 as I was in so much pain I was at an 8. I had Braxton Hicks the whole pregnancy but they weren't dialating me, was even at hospital 3
Days before I had her and they told me no way I'd have her early.
Well with my second they started me on progesterone shots to prevent preterm labor, i had them from 20 weeks until 37 weeks, then I had her at 39 weeks exactly, and that's because i was induced