PDA

View Full Version : Question about health and stims - Dr. Potter please help, thanks!

letibe77
January 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
A friend of mine asks:
"Dear Dr. Potter,
I am currently pregnant with my first child (a boy). We are very much wishing for the next child to be a girl. Unfortunately I have a pap3d (cervix) since August 2011. Now I am wondering if the stims for the IVF have any influence on this? Can the hormones I will have to take to do the IVF/PGD lead to cancer? Any cancer at all? Do you think it is possible for me to do IVF with the pap3d? Could my health be impaired or threatened?
I would very much appreciate a tip from you how to act in my situation. Would you recommend a conization before the IVF? The doctors here in Germany told me that I should just get the pap3d checked regularly. I really hope I won't have to give up my dream of having a daughter because of this.
Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it."

letibe77
January 27th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Anyone, please? :think:

Possible pink?
January 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I googled pap3d... It is not called that in the US but I have the equivalent I think and I had a leap procedure a little over a year ago to get rid of cancerous cells. It doesn't effect ivf or implantation at all. I am currently 17wks prego from ivf/pgd..,the only slight slight slight concern would be preterm labor by shortening of the cervix due to scar tissue. This is very unlikely and the cervix can be measured/monitored and things can be done later in pregnancy to prevent it if it looks like a risk...this would be the same with a natural pregnancy. So to answer your question no ivf would not pose as a greater risk for you.

Dr. Potter
January 28th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Dear Dr. Potter,
I am currently pregnant with my first child (a boy). We are very much wishing for the next child to be a girl. Unfortunately I have a pap3d (cervix) since August 2011. Now I am wondering if the stims for the IVF have any influence on this? Can the hormones I will have to take to do the IVF/PGD lead to cancer? Any cancer at all? Do you think it is possible for me to do IVF with the pap3d? Could my health be impaired or threatened?
I would very much appreciate a tip from you how to act in my situation. Would you recommend a conization before the IVF? The doctors here in Germany told me that I should just get the pap3d checked regularly. I really hope I won't have to give up my dream of having a daughter because of this.
Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.The medications and the processes involved in ivf will have no effect on your pap smear or risk for cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is generally caused by a virus (HPV). Your dream is safe!

letibe77
January 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM
THANKS! That sounds great! :)