PDA

View Full Version : Due in June.......are you all feeling movement now?

NearlyDone
January 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Just wondering what movement is like for everyone else here...i have just starting with the 'thats deff the baby' type movement(kinda late for me) not feeling it on the outside just yet....how about everyone else?

Pearl327
January 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Hi Nearly, I am just a few days behind you and in the last week or so,I think that I have definitely felt baby move. Although this is not every day yet. Usually when I am sitting down relaxing in the evenings. I was 18-19 weeks with DD but my placenta was at the front cushioning the kicks.

Justjessica
January 24th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I am 2nd July so could be June! I have definitely got a kicker in there and DH has just started to feel his hand get a good kicking so glad it's not just me taking all the blows lol! But I think out of all my pregnancies this has been much sooner than normal but I did lose loads of weight in first trimester which would have probably cushioned the blows otherwise.

cvd
January 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I started having movement around 14 weeks. Now baby kicks constantly. DH has been feeling baby's kicks for over a week and you can even SEE the kicks. Lol Hudson is just as active as Ryder was, never stops :)

Praying4Pink
January 24th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Hey Nearly! I am 19 weeks today and I have just recently begun to feel the baby move every day. Before it was one day on one day off type of thing. And I also had to eat or drink something. Now the baby kicks when I am doing other things like talking or listening to music (sometimes). With my first son I was definitely feeling movement at about 14-15 weeks. Still nothing on the outside with this one.

Jadis
January 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Hey Nearly, I'm 19 weeks and have only been feeling definite movement for the past week or so. Much later for me this time! I was anxious about it, but I know my baby is fine-I saw her kicking like a crazy gal on our ultrasound yesterday. I think some babies are just more chilled out than others, plus the location of your placenta and your body weight can all play a part too. My placenta was anterior so I was missing out on those early little flutters. It's moved out of the way now, so I hope to feel more activity now. My DH has just recently been able to feel it, but he has to be patient and keep his hand there for awhile. Sometimes, we watch a movie with his hand on my belly and he might feel it only 3 times in 2 hours.

NearlyDone
January 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Id say this is my latest/lightest mover so far even dd3 who had an anterior placenta.....does make me wonder if this one has an anterior also......cant wait to feel it on the outside still pretty light taps atm....i guess they will telly me placenta location in 13 days when i have my 20 week scan.....eeekkk seems to be flying by now

aroundtheworld
January 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I've been getting bladder kicks today. lol DH can't feel them yet, but I imagine it'll be quite entertaining before long with two babies in there! My oh my. ;)

WantingPink
January 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I could really feel DS1 kick at 14 weeks and so could DH by 16 weeks. He turned out to be a super active baby... he rolled on to his side when we brought him home. He always had to be moving and entertained. My arms would get a workout everyday with all his jumping even at 6 weeks. He didn't want to be held, he wanted to bounce on me. It was crazy and being my first I was like "WTH have I done!". It was exhausting! He is still this way... always moving and loves karate.

DS2 I had a hard time feeling even at 18 weeks. DH couldn't feel him kick until after 20 weeks. I had to actually do my kick counts and drink cold water to get him to move. I thought there was going to be something wrong with him when he was born... he just didn't move and when he did it was so gentle. When he was born he was a DREAM baby. Never fussy and was very content to sit and watch everyone and everything. That all changed when he turned 2 however, as a baby he really was the perfect, content, happy baby.

So, with my two extremes with no placenta in the way I think there is a wide variety in how much babies move. I do think how much they move tells you a lot about what kind of baby they are going to be:)

AndreaOD
January 28th, 2013, 03:35 AM
I so agree with you WantingPink!! DS1 first I felt around 20 weeks gentle, light.. i cant even call those kicks lol. When he was born he was so relaxed, he would sit all day and just watching eveything rather then moving around lol, he is still about the same, but loves to go for big walks. DS2 I felt his real KICKS around 18 weeks and he didnt stop moving.. all day all night big kicks, and he is still as active he wouldnt sit down for a second lol.
Now with D? I already feel movements a couple of days now, not big kicks but but moving around and only can feel it when I lay down and relaxing, I thought very early.. but looks like another active baby is on the way lol

Praying4Pink
January 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM
So how many of you noticed a trend with activity...later movement and light = relax baby or early movement and heavy = active baby? I know with DS1 he was a mover and shaker and he is STILL super active and playful...actually he still kicks his legs a lot too, lol. This could be an interesting study ladies!

cvd
January 29th, 2013, 01:05 PM
So how many of you noticed a trend with activity...later movement and light = relax baby or early movement and heavy = active baby? I know with DS1 he was a mover and shaker and he is STILL super active and playful...actually he still kicks his legs a lot too, lol. This could be an interesting study ladies!
Praying4pink - I noticed a trend for my little guy. DS1 was such a kicker as well. ALWAYS. I remember the doctor told me at one of my appointments I should feel a minimum of 10 kicks over a certain period of time (I forget exactly how long, it was around 12 hours I think), and I could feel 10 kicks in less then about 5 minutes at just about any given time during the day haha!!! Today he is honestly the busiest child, he never stops. He's super great at entertaining himself though, so although I am busy with him, it's nice cause he will play alone too. DS2 kicks exactly like Ryder used to so I'm hoping for the same trend :) I love how active he is!

aroundtheworld
January 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
DH finally felt one of the girls seriously kick me last night. :) It made me jump! haha He was happy- first time this pregnancy.