PDA

View Full Version : an oopsy pregnancy so we did not sway. odds of pink??

byebeautiful
January 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I have one son with my ex boyfriend and 2 sons with my husband. We are currently almost 12 weeks pregnant with an unexpected pregnancy. We were suppose to be done. I had finally gotten over the fact that is never have a girl andbecame happy with having boys. My 3rd son was a dailed sway. I took it hard when he was a boy. Got over that after I had him!! So lucky to have him. anyways I got pregnant wih this baby while Breastfeeding with very long cycles. I honestly thought aince my cycles were so long I couldn't get pregnant. My husband stopped drinking and eating fast food all of the time. I really don't know when I got pregnant. It was either with a 2 or 3 day cut off and the day that conception calendars are saying we actually pulled out. So I dunno which time got me pregnant. This time I also got pregnant on top, never laid down after he went since we were not trying. With all my nous I got pregnant on the bottom. I also never had ewcm like I did with my boys. I had creany because of breastfeeding...another reason why I did not think pregnancy could happen. Lol. My cycles had only been back for 3 months when I got pregnant.

Do my odds of a girl sound decent?? Or do I sound total in boy zone? I also had it confirmed thY I Ovulated from my left ovary.

Hobbermittens
January 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I had a boy from my left ovary, but I am not sure how much a difference the ovaries make!

I have 2 daughters that were "oops" babies, and I know lots of other "oops" babies that were girls, so I think you have a decent chance! Good luck.

byebeautiful
January 24th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks :) my first was an oopsy too but we had sex often and on the day I Ovulated and everysay leading ip to that. So no wonder I got a boy lol. :)

Peppermint
January 25th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Sounds promising. I hope you get the girl you desire!

byebeautiful
January 25th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks peppermint, my 2nd and 3rd son were from right ovary. Dunno bout my 1st because I only had a 20 week ultrasound :) I asked the ultrasound tech if left ovary meant more likely firl she's been doing this for a whike, shw said it was an old wives tale. I've read long cycles sway girl and breastfeedinf does, trying to prepare to hear boy tho knowing ny luckaq

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2013, 12:53 PM
left ovary actually does yield more girl conception but no one know why

you always have a chance, I hope you hear pink!!

pebmcpd7
January 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hope you hear girl, it would be the icing on the cake for you!!!

shiningstar
January 30th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I'm in the same position with an oops pregnancy- totally took me by shock! I'm hoping for a a girl as well. Good luck to you!

rainbowflower
February 2nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
good luck!! the lack of EWCM and BF can sway pink

let us know how you get on

Bimby
February 2nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
This oops baby of mine is a girl and I ovulated from my left too xx

tulip
February 21st, 2013, 02:45 PM
My DD was a oopsy surprise baby, never asked abt the ovary at the first scan ! My mom sayd majority of oopsy babies are girls ! :)

fish2012
February 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
my opposie babies we're boys and i'm hoping my first planned bubba will be a girl ;-0

FX hun there's always a chance xx

1+2+3boys
February 22nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
From what I have heard and read it seems there are more girl babies made from accidental pregnancies. I was one of them ;) How exciting and nerve racking for you. Since you had gotten over your disapointement at not having a daughter I hope this can be your unexpected reward of a little girl. FX for you

WantingPink
February 23rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
I am PG right now with an oops. We were planning on trying in a couple of months and I wasn't swaying at all. I think with the BF and no EWCM and long cycle you have a really good chance of getting a DD!! FX for you!! BTW, the genetic testing I have had done has come back that this PG is a girl so it is possible!! We also only DTD once and I did jump and dump because I didn't want to get PG. Good luck to you!!

Lolly55
February 25th, 2013, 04:55 AM
I am pregnanct with my oops under similar circumstances to you. I had just finished feeding, either fell pregnant with a 3-4 day cut off or withdrawl, me on top both times. My DH has been working out intensely and I had lost a few kgs just due to being busy with work and my boys. I have had all girl guesses on my nub shots and have everything crossed tightly that this is my DD. I wish you luck!

Hoping4aPrincess
March 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM
I guess you can say my DD we're expecting now is a oops baby. We weren't swaying or really trying. But not preventing either. We weren't sure if we were going to sway or go high tech (boy am I glad we didn't waste money on that, lol!). But I was taking vitex to see what it would do to my cycle. And it made it longer. I usually O on CD 17, but I O'd on CD 21 for that cycle. I also felt some serious O pain in my left ovary. It was weird for me bc I usually always feel O pain on my right side. I also barely had any EWCM. I usually have loads of it. There definitely are similarities between your cycle the month you conceived and mine. Long cycle, lack of EWCM and O'ing out of the left ovary. So I think your chances are great! GL mama!

Mrs_P
March 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM
Thats weird mine to, babe was planned and i took clomid but i had virtually no ewcm compared to normal and i o'd from my left ovary (confirmed by us and sharp o pains) on a long cycle (i usually have an 11 day lp) i didnt get a bfp til 17 dpo!

Fingers crossed its a girl for you. I know loads of girls who have got girls after a load of boys, in fact with ds3 i was the only one of 6 others who got a 3rd boy. There is always a chance and even the best boy sway yield pink sometimes. And most of the whoopsie babies i know are girls to