PDA

View Full Version : Families of 3

dreaming4pink
January 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Does it seem like most families of 3 you know are either all the same gender or 2 then 1, 1 then 2 (ie. BBG, GGB, GBB, etc)?

I feel like GBG or BGB is SO unlikely. Why do you think that is?

HelsBells
January 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I think it might be because if people have BG or GB they stop at two.
And maybe swaying has an effect for number three. If people have two the same, many would want the opposite gender for number three.

Hobbermittens
January 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I have GBGB and a friend who has BGB is about to have her next G. I swayed boy for #4 and she swayed boy for her #3.

I grew up in a family of GBG (I was the oldest).

dreaming4pink
January 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I have GBGB and a friend who has BGB is about to have her next G. I swayed boy for #4 and she swayed boy for her #3.

I grew up in a family of GBG (I was the oldest).

That is awesome! For both of you!

Hobbermittens
January 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
That is awesome! For both of you!

Thank you! WHat gender make up do you have? WHat are you hoping for?

luckylass
January 24th, 2013, 03:34 PM
My family is GBB and hubby's is BGB, so both our parents had a boy and a girl pair and then wanted another.

We both wanted three children and if we could have have picked we would have chosen to have BBG and as it happens we were very lucky as that is what we are having although healthy children is the main thing. Once they are healthy and happy the rest is just the icing on the cake. I wonder did we want three cause that is what we are used to.

dreaming4pink
January 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Thank you! WHat gender make up do you have? WHat are you hoping for?

I have GB. I desperately want GBGB. I think about this every.single.day. It has become an obsession with me. I have been reading IG and this site for 2 years.
Obviously health is first and foremost, but I dream about this family make up.

Hobbermittens
January 25th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I have GB. I desperately want GBGB. I think about this every.single.day. It has become an obsession with me. I have been reading IG and this site for 2 years.
Obviously health is first and foremost, but I dream about this family make up.

Good luck! I hope you get your dream family!

Peppermint
January 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Good luck, I hope you get what you desire.

Feeling Blue
January 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Im the eldest of 5. We had GBBGG.
I have BB and desperately hoping to add a G to the mix.....

coocoobananas
January 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I just wanted to experience both, behind that I was not fussy! Although would like 2 boys and girl rather than other way around!! I can't believe how lucky people are who go back and forth with gender, if only you knew from the other side!!
In my family and hubby's with exception to my grandmother and one of my husbands uncles everyone has girl then boy... One up to 7 children in a row!!
I think this is what makes me most bitter... Really?? Not me?? Lol

fish2012
January 27th, 2013, 02:56 PM
my husband is from a family of BGB (3rd opposie ;-), friends have GGB (don't know if they swayed) and BGB (3rd a supprise!) :fx: for all of us!

hotdogz&boyz
January 27th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Somehow, I do tend to agree. It does seem that more families that I know have GBB, BGG, BBG, GGB, BBB, or GGG. I don't know a single family off hand who had an opposite gender in the middle of three (BGB or GBG). My moms family had GG (identical twins, one died at four days old), BGBG. So they ended up having every-other growing up. But that is the closest I know to having a back and forth pattern. I do think it might have something to do with lifestyle and swaying adding into the mix.

But I do hope you "get what you want." I have always wanted four kids and like coco, I didn't care much but wanted to experience one of each. It does look like that will happen for me, but I did sway for this third one to "help" nature along.

prettyinpink18
February 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I know of more BBG and GGB families than I know of 3 of the same gender. Eta, that I also know of a few BGB families.

Navywife620
February 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
This is interesting.
My Mom's family has BBG my Dad's family has BBB they went on to have BGG ( my brother, sister, and me)
My husband Mom has GGG. My husbands Dad GBG. They went on to have BBG.

I am the same way I want to experience both. I don't mind having all boys as long as I have 1 girl.

housefullofgirls
February 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I notice that it's a mix. Like above I also notice that couples that have 1 of each stop for whatever reason. The couples that go on for more 3rd baby seems to be the opposite. Me, I have 4 girls and another on the way. I don't know the gender yet.

Mum23boys
February 25th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I am the only one I know of our friends that have 3 and we have BBB - I am from GGG and my husband is from BBGB but they are same mum 2 different dads.