PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!!! Advice needed on my sway plan after two losses

Lilhoney
April 9th, 2011, 05:18 PM
:think:Please tell me what you think...
Backgound info:I had a D&C August 25th for a missed mc at 9 wks (no fetal pole; growth past 6 wks). I had a D&E March 4th for another missed mc (15 wks) Baby had cystic hygroma with hydrops at 12 wk ultrasound. I never had any signs of mc (bleeding or cramps) with either pregnancy. I am 38 yrs old. I have a 4 1/2 yr old son.
I swayed hard with the pregnancy that ended in August. The last pregnancy was a surprise and I was not swaying. I am a fairly healthy woman. Never smoked or done any drugs. I don't drink. I love junk food though!:oops: I've gained tons of weight from the losses and depression. Need to lose about 45 lbs. I am somewhat disabled in that I was in a wreck and have rods and screws in my left leg and right ankle but I'm still kickin! lol I can workout fairly hard considering. 1 hr straight 5 mi "walking" with Leslie Sansome.
My plan is to diet hard!!! I'm taking girl sups and vits now (cal, mag, acidilophis, E, C, B6, B12, Folic Acid(5mg due to worry about previous loss with cystic hygroma), asprin, cranberry, zinc, pepermint tea. I started saw palmetto and vitex today. Oh- due to high blood pressure during last pregnancy I am now on Labetalol 100 mg 2x day.
I have also been supplementing with green tea (drink and capsules), cayenne pepper, chromium picolate, and occasionally a colon cleanse containing (psyllium husk, ginger root, senna leaf, rhubarb root, cascara sagrada bark) to try to boost weight loss! I would like to try grapefruit seed extract capsules but worry about the interferance with blood pressure med.
Now- down to the advice part... I plan to ttc for girl in June and am prepping now. Again I will sway hard - should be on diet 10 wks before attempt, supps, vits, ions big time, magnets, acijel, lime, charting on ff, using ovacue and opks). I know this is a contradiction to try to boost egg and sperm quality when ttc for girl but I would like to know what i can do to try to decrease mc and chromosomal defects. DH is on cal, mag, 1mg folic, C, cranberry, E, B12, Licorice root, acidilophis, COQ10, DHA/EPA. I would like to decrease the likelihood of mc and boost egg quality avoiding any syndromes etc. so I want to start 200 mg COQ10, 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, 1 Enfamil DHA a day, 75 mg DHEA, and 75 mg Selenium supplements. I know that I have to weigh all my concerns with defects and mc to make my decision... blah blah blah... but I would really value your opinion! What would you do if you were me??? Please- I welcome any and all comments and advice.
Should I stop them when I'm 6 wks from my 1st attempt in June or are any of the supplements ok while ttc girl? Is it just a waste of time to take them then stop 6 wks before attempt? Should I remove the COQ10, DHA/EPA, E from DH list 6 wks before ttc in June? What dosage would you recommend? And when should I stop? Wean off?

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yay, I LOVE Leslie Sansone too and I think 5 miles with Leslie is a great, pink-friendly workout.

I am of two minds about your plan so I will share them both with you and let you take from it what you will.

Eggs take 90 days to form so it is entirely possible you could reap great benefits from taking the supps only to stop them 6 weeks before and then TTC. ~IF~ you are able to get pregnant that first month. The problem is for ladies our age (I'm right there with ya at 40 myself) the chances are, we probably won't get pregnant that first month. We may not pop out a good egg every month. When I was TTC with my DS 3 at 37, I didn't get pregnant the first month we tried and there was no reason why I didn't because we BD right through O - I think the egg probably was no good that month. If you do decide to go with this plan, I think you must pull out ALL the stops and move heaven and earth to get pregnant as quickly as possible. No messing around with timing or any of the jellies or abstinence/frequent release, or even an antihistamine.

The second option would be to continue doing what you are doing to boost egg/sperm quality and sway hard in other ways. (which seems to be basically what you're describing) Because it may take you a few months to get pregnant, continue taking the supps and your eggs will improve in quality accordingly - after all, if you cannot get pregnant, you have zero chance at your DG. My concern with this plan is that you MUST not get too obsessive about swaying - with some people, the charting, taking supps, temping, etc. has the effect of boosting testosterone because it's like a new exciting project that you've taken on where you can "win" at it if you try hard enough and I believe that this is the number one reason why sways fail. Since you're already getting a lot of nutrients, you must be doubly sure not to fall into the sway-obsession trap.

I think that if I was where you are I would continue doing just what you're doing. I would take the supplements, all of them, but at the same time, go totally vegetarian, maybe even vegan, and keep your fat intake low (since you're already getting some fat through supps). Keep losing that weight as quick as you can and maybe add in some aspartame now and then (but don't go overboard). The vitex and SP, and for DH, the licorice, will be working to counteract the "boy-friendliness" of some of the supps.

In terms of supplements, I would just go off of what is on the bottle.

Here is my essay for boosting sperm count (it says for blue but it works for everyone to improve fertility): http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1171-How-to-raise-sperm-count-and-sway-blue!!&highlight=boosting+egg+quality

And egg quality:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?803-Boosting-egg-quality&highlight=boosting+egg+quality

Good luck!

Lilhoney
April 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks Atomic... You've given me alot to think about and consider. My big problem is I'm totally obsessive (sway trap) and tend to be high strung! lol On one hand if I do the egg boosting and dna damage diminishing supps to help with mc and birth defects I may be creating a boy friendlier environment (which may help with the sway trap cuz I won't be so confident about sway ya know) but if I don't do it I'll feel totally bad if I have another mc or baby has health issues. On the other hand I tend to fall prego pretty easily... told DH not to look at me hard when I'm Oing! lol For now I will continue on and maybe drop just a couple of the more boy friendly supps when get 6 wks from attempt (like green tea and DHEA). I'm also scared of the aspartame. Considering Xylitol for peppermint tea and just drinking evian and perrier. I can totally do the vegetarian diet no problem (what you think about a strawberry yogurt smoothie everyday for a treat???)