PDA

View Full Version : Want boy but don't want to gain weight! Help

KikiCal
January 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed already but I really want to have a son but I'm not comfortable gaining weight. I've added bananas, potatoes, tomatoes, and will eat more red meat and salt but I don't like the idea of eating over 2000 calories. Has anyone maintained a HE diet with less calories or was able to not gain weight. I don necessarily want to lose weight but I'm still toning up after the birth of my daughter. I alternate running and aerobics with weight lifting 5-6 days a week so I don't know if that could help. If anyone has any insight or advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Wanting-a-girl
January 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM
When I concieve my first two boys I was 100 lbs I was a red meat junkie

WantingPink
January 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
How much do you weigh right now?

The Anchor
January 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
IMO, the one thing you don't want to ignore is the diet. But you might still get your boy...look at Victoria Beckham!

WantingPink
January 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I think when you are eating "super healthy" you can also be really thin. That is how most of Hollywood does it. They eat grain free, dairy free, mostly protein, fruits, vegetable, etc. I know when I was eating this way I was incredibly thin. I also would supplement smoothies with vitamins, spirulina, etc. I was also running and lifting weights.

How do you eat now and how many girls have you conceived eating that way?

True Blue
January 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
IMO, the one thing you don't want to ignore is the diet. But you might still get your boy...look at Victoria Beckham!

This has crossed my mind a few times, I wonder if Victoria is on a super high supplements with her being so thin?

Hobbermittens
January 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
The reason weight gain is good is that it shows your body that times are good, and if a boy is conceived, he will be able to be nourished. A boy takes more calories to grow inside your body (and out). You don't need to gain much, just a few lbs.

KikiCal
January 25th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Right now I'm 145 but I'm 5'10" so I'm not big but im not small enough that gaining weight sounds good to me. I have some flab on my legs and stomach that I never lost from my pregnancy. That's originally why I started toning but found out it's good for boys too. I guess I'm wondering if I can eat a diet that's high in nutrients and contains red meat a couple times a week without it being so high in calories? I've added almonds and peanut butter to get some good fat and protein throughout the day but I'm not sure if that will be enough.

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
yes many of the boy moms eat a lot but are petite or average

you do not have to gain weight he diet is only 3-5 pounds up to 10-15 for people who are under weight

exercise and make good food choices helps don't waste calories on junk food

there is an essay on this in the dream member section with helpful tips

KikiCal
January 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. I actually feel like I've been eating healthier because I'm eating more vegetables and less processed food. With my daughter I'm sure my diet was somewhat similar but with more snack foods and a lot of diet coke. I knew nothing about swaying so the only produce I ate were apples, broccoli, and spinach. I feel like I was not getting as many nutrients as I am now. At the time I was only running too. I agree about the Hollywood thing. Rachel Zoe and Salma Blair look extremely thin and they have boys.