PDA

View Full Version : Sore breasts at ovulation

Peppermint
January 26th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I'm about to ovulate tomorrow (+OPK today) and since yesterday I've had really sore breast and nipples. I've never had this before around ovulation.

Does this signify something hormonal? I'm thinking it could be excess estrogen? Normally I'm low in estrogen but I've been drinking 3 cups of peppermint tea a day and having fairly high fat intake as I was worried about my estrogen levels dropping too much and stopping ovulation altogether like has happened before, so I may have inadvertently done the opposite which isn't good for my sway.

Any advice would be appreciated.

harleyquinn
January 26th, 2013, 04:32 PM
No it doesn't mean you are in excess or anything, I think its normal with flucuations, I got this too out of nowhere so I googled it

I feel SO silly posting this (have twice now;) but I read that the nipple pain is from estrogen surging and the side boob pain is the progesterone taking over once Ov has ocurred. I have no idea how your boobs would magically know this but it seem to hold true ;) even though I really have no idea if its true at all, its just a tidbit that may or may not help and may or may not be true! But reassured me that Ov boob pain is normal :)

Peppermint
January 27th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Oh great, thanks for the info Harley, makes me feel better! :)

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM
totally normal and can be aggravated by hormonal fluctuations.