PDA

View Full Version : Gelatin??

mmsgirlie22
April 9th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Ok i'm seeing lots of mention of gelatin drinks. Are we talking get a packet of flavored Jello and mix with water and drink???

help help help I'm clueless.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
No, find yourself pure gelatin. Where do you live? I have heard overseas mummas using knox gelatine.. I am in Australia and use McKormicks Gelatine.
I can not stomach it in a drink, so have been mixing in my soup lol

mmsgirlie22
April 9th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks TTC. We live in the US. I'll have to look for pure gelatin when I hit up the store next.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I don't know about your store layouts but here, it is kept with all the baking items such as icing sugar, flour, food colourings etc. HTH.

iyamaryam
April 10th, 2011, 12:13 AM
If you live in the states, try amazon. For the quantity I used for my sway buying the little packs at the supermarket became too expensive over time. You want pure gelatin like knox as TTC5 said. GL:luck:

mmsgirlie22
April 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
so pure gelatin....got it. I'll check the store first.

begonia
April 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
mms, you can get a big box of 32 packs of unflavored Knox gelatin at either walmart or target. I think mine was less than $7. Like pp said, it is with baking stuff, near marshmallow and flavored jello.

Best way I've tried it was 1 cup juice, mix in 1 pack unflavored gelatin, put it in your fridge and let it set ... then it is sort of a grainy jell-o. If I drink it I just dump it in a glass of water or juice and chug. It isn't easy stuff to get down.

mmsgirlie22
April 10th, 2011, 02:21 PM
thanks begonia! I swear i read gelatin and I think jello...it's insane. how do you get passed the texture?? Just down it and be done with it??

begonia
April 10th, 2011, 03:41 PM
It is tough, texture is definitely what bugs me most! Which is why I almost prefer just chugging it down in the water instead of the "jello juice" that you can eat ... I just dump a pack in about 8 oz water, chug it down, and then have some fruit juice nearby to swish around your mouth and get the grainy remains out. The jello juice isn't terrible though but you can't get it over with as quickly.

Oh how gross does that sound in writing?!?! The things we do ... LOL!

mmsgirlie22
April 10th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I'll be hitting up the store tomorrow to pick up some supps and some gelatin. I can't wait to get started.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Link to the directions for gelatin drink here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1515-Boy-friendly-beverages

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I tried to drink it and every time it hit my throat it came back up. I now can only get it down by mixing in my hot soup ;)

Flava
April 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Im taking gelatin capsules for now...will do the drink before ttc