PDA

View Full Version : Is your sway plan finalised?

Serendipity
January 28th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Or are you still deciding what route to go down? Do you still have questions about any aspect of it? I've been researching for about 2 years now, but am still unsure if I'm doing the right things! My main worry is the supplements- calcium or no calcium? I know slightly more people who have got a girl on it than not, but I understand the reasons it's advised not to take it. I'm just terrified I make the wrong decision and mess up my sway!

What stage of planning is everyone else at?

rainbowflower
January 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I've more or less decided on 2 sways - one normal sway, and one assuming I can get clomid

I've not yet decided about calc+mag. Leaning slightly more to avoiding it as I look at the Oxford study and the boy conceivers took more calc+mag than the girl ones

Sihaya
January 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I was on a cal/mag supplement when I conceived my second son, so it's a no-brainer for me to avoid it.

As far as my sway, I have it more or less nailed down, but am still deciding on some of the details and changing small things all the time. In the past week, I decided to drop two things (Sylk and probiotics) and add one (iodine). I'm sure this minor tweaking will continue to some extent until the beginning of our swaying cycle in mid-April.

HopefulMonster
January 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I'm not going to take a calcium supplement but I am considering full fat dairy (esp milk) as I've seen soooooooo many girls conceived with ladies drinking tons of full fat milk.

I am trying to do the diet and am struggling with it. I'm a terrible snacker and I literally snack all night long, it's a nightmare trying not to :( I've told myself no cheating from the start of february...

Princess of Pink
January 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I have always had low calcium levels and my GP used to always recommend I take a calcium sup...but I was too lazy to actually take it and I have never really liked dairy. I only had low fat milk on my cereal, hate ice-cream, and only eat cheese now and then. Personally I would avoid it like the plague...but thats just me!! I am now taking calcium and eat dairy for my boy sway.

My sway is pretty much sorted (I got a personalised plan) I am just deciding if I will chart or not. I felt when I was TTC this time last year that charting messed with my cycle. I was waking up all night long and earlier every day, messing with my sleep cycles and my cycle. Just weighing up the pros and cons...but other than that it's sorted and I am getting right into it all. Exercise, super healthy eating, eating every 2-3hrs and taking all the right sups daily!

dloui128
January 28th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I ate calcium when I conceived both of my girls and my boy, I wouldn't stress too much over it, I don't think it makes or breaks a sway

afy
January 28th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I'm TTC a boy and I'm having lots of full fat dairy.. I'm not avoiding it but I'm not taking huuuuuuge amounts.. it's just one of those hard to tell things I guess! When are you ladies TTC??

I have had to wait till December!!

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I had tons of dairy with my boys as did my husband and not much with DD. I know it's a hard decision to make - altho easy for me because once you get a boy taking 1200 mg calcium and having eaten tons of dairy your whole life it's very easy to let go!

2lovelyboys
January 29th, 2013, 05:20 AM
I have also always been a big dairy fan, with my DS2 (failed pink sway) I continued with my dairy and took a calcium supplement. This time I have reduced dairy (slightly) and no additional calcium

mollisol
February 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm still thinking about whether to take calcium supplements as well, but most other things have been decided. Now I just need to stick to it!

mimi
February 7th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I have decided to go low dairy as I have always eaten a lot of it and I have 3 boys!
I am not ttc until may or june so I have a little time left to plan. I have already started the Le diet (I could stand to lose about 40 pounds!) But I am still deciding on supps. I'm slightly overwhelmed by all of them and what they can do.
It doesn't help that i spent the last 3 months planning an IG sway before I found this site and realized I belived the sway plans here were better. I still catch myself wondering if ~x~ will change my pH or if I'm getting enough -ions. Lol.

cocos-mum
May 10th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I think im going with low calcium because when I conieved my girl I never drank milk or ate cheese did have yogurt though but not loads
as for rest of my plan i'm almost there just a few more things to research only just decided to definitely sway wasn't sure if I just wanted to ttc and see what happens but I think I may regert that seen as this is my last baby

crazyladyneedsababy
May 20th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Im nearly there with my sway which has taken a few years of research too, Im going down the cal-mag route, mainly because I need to take a prescribed ad-cal pill every day (I have 2 boys) so Im dubious it will work but Ive encorporated it into my plan anyway

shannashimmers
July 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I have to take heparin during the 2ww and continue if pregnant. I have to take a calcium supplement with it so I hope it doesnt mess up a girl sway.

lovemy2blessings
July 15th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I have pretty much nailed down my sway I'm probably going to try taking 1 more meal out. Currently I have 3 ( I do skip breakfast), but not sure if that will work. everything else I feel good about :)