PDA

View Full Version : My ph is CRAZY high...help!

Lld2006
January 28th, 2013, 04:13 PM
okay, i know there is much debate about whether ph matters or not, but with two sons, i am desperately trying for a girl and want my sway to be optimal. i am set up to O in the next couple of days and my ph is seriously crazy high at 8.5. advice? i'm taking supps, drinking tons of CL, trying my best at the LE diet, doing all sorts of ion changers, much to my husbands dismay (lol), and even tried Replens. help please!

harleyquinn
January 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM
That does seem high..like infection-like high. Maybe it is the replens making it shoot up? Idk...

Have you tried baby aspirin or rephresh? Those 2 things may help to lower a pH...my doctor prescribed me rephresh for an infection (like literally a Rx LOL)and it worked like a charm (BV=highpH) along with some not so pleasant meds (Flagyl) but that was a while ago...anyway, try the rephresh and baby aspirin..yoiu defo don't want BV, its a nightmare

Goodus
January 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
I've got very high ph too! Didn't know it could be BV. Come to think of it, I've been feeling a bit itchy down below lol. Better get those things to try out.

boymaker
January 29th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I agree that it seems unusually high. I'm also trying to keep mine down because I believe I was always getting minor YI throughout the years. I started taking acidophilus, only 1 million culture everyday and so far no YI and my ph has been steadily in the 4.0-4.5 region. Maybe that could help.

Lld2006
January 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM
gosh, i feel fine??? i just tested again and it is around 8. maybe my test strips are not good? ack!!! i went out and bought summer's eve vinegar douche and just did that. will test later and see if that helps. i'm kicking myself b/c i saw refresh just now at the store and thought about buying it, but didn't. go figure! i have SO MUCH ewcm that replense made it all curdy (tmi, sorry) so if i'm doing O+12 i'm concerned i won't be able to see my shift if i use creams like replens or refresh....thoughts? is refresh a cream like replens is?

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2013, 12:23 PM
agree could be infection

May just be random

both rephresh and replenish can cause that weird cm

best way to do o+12is to just bd 48 hours after pos opk

harleyquinn
January 29th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Well it can mean like, its good conditions for an infection to set up shop.

I have the wonderful title of Queen of Vaginal Infections:sigh:, I once had chronic yeast for an entire year and was referred to Infectious Diseases! OMG! I still have to be really careful and think very carefully before taking antibiotics or using any products for swaying. (not sure douching is the way to go with an infection?) I"ve only had BV once and it is an experience I would NOT want to repeat.

In my experience, swaying aside, I have found Rephresh a good product to use just to keep the infections away, or when things don't feel quite right.

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2013, 02:01 PM
^^^^ great point, especially around ovulation. If you could possibly have an infection in your lower VG, it's best to not douche because your cervix will be slightly open and the douche could wash little bugaboos into your uterus where your pH will be higher yet and then you really have problems on yoru hands. This is how people get pelvic inflammatory disease from douching.

Lld2006
January 29th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Well the douche didn't help really. Still up there at 7.5-8. Maybe my test strips are bad?

NeedAGirl!
February 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM
The things that lowered my pH the most were cranberry capsules and sparkling water. In fact my pH was too low and I had to cut out cranberry.

harleyquinn
February 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
I don't think douching is going to lower pH much unless you are doing like a lime douche (talk about infections lol). I see a douche as more washing away CM.

People do have good results with the cranberry or baby aspirin or gel like rephresh/acijel.

Maybe that is just your regular pH...how is your diet? That can also affect pH too.