PDA

View Full Version : I only see CM once a day?

BabyGirl2013
January 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I don't know if this is normal or not, but I only notice CM in the late afternoon. I never have it in the morning and generally not in the evening much either. Anyone else? Plus its been creamy with a bit of stretchy ewcm mixed in for quite a few days. I keep thinking the really fertile stuff is right around the corner?? Over-analyzing is so exhausting!

cravingsalt
January 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I don't often see fertile cm, and if I do, it's once or twice a day for maybe two days out of the month. It's definitely not constant.

LacePrincess
January 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Some ladies never see the textbook clear ewcm. So it's possible that the slightly opaque stretchy stuff is as fertile as it gets for you, but it would take monitoring over many cycles to know.

Are you checking internally or by wiping? I don't get that much at all by wiping. It can also be that you only really notice it later in the afternoon because you're more hydrated by then, but we all tend to be more dehydrated in the mornings and thus would produce less cm anyways.

I've also noticed as I got older I have much less noticeable cm too, yet another thing that age doesn't make better. :P

BabyGirl2013
January 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Oddly, I usually get more by wiping. I checked internally yesterday after I saw it on the tp, but it seemed drier internally...which it seems like it should be the opposite.

Even more confused b/c today was almost completely dry again (nothing internally or when wiping). Every time I think my CM is taking a step in the right direction I seem to take two steps back. I don't know why I'd be seeing a bit of EWCM one day and then nothing the next (unless O had happened, however temps and OPK say it has not). This pattern of dry, EWCM, dry, EWCM is driving me crazy! I didn't think I would get CM unless it was leading up to O. Anyone else have weird patterns like this?

The Anchor
January 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
You can have CM at any time during your cycle...it's the EWCM that appears around O. And I think Lace is right, you probably get more in the afternoon for hydration reasons.

Not that this is you...but I had a really wonky cycle that turned out to be anovulatory. I had no idea, but apparently they're more common than we know. And if you're taking any supps sometimes they can mess with your cycle.

BabyGirl2013
January 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I do have other types of CM throughout my cycle, its just that once I start seeing the stretchy stuff I usually O a few days later. I'm just confused why the EWCM is appearing here and there and then having dry patches. I guess it could be an anovulatory cycle since I haven't been off BC for very long. Most of what I'm comparing too is my cycle prior to BC last year. I typically have a longer cycle, but for some reason I thought maybe it was going to get shorter since I've noticed a bit of EWCM. I'm just impatient and my 36-ish day cycle doesn't help! :)

LacePrincess
January 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Anchor brought up a good point, whackydoo patterns in CM/CP/temps can be due to anovulation. I had an anov cycle a few months ago that was weird like that - 3 days of EWCM, then dry up and closing CP, then fertile again, then dry for a week.....in the end it took 43 days to get AF again and it was definitely anovulatory.

You could try robitussin to thin out the cm you do have too, but it does sway blue.