PDA

View Full Version : i am so bummed/pissed and just annoyed!

byebeautiful
January 29th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I had a 12 week scan today. Tech kept saying he was on the fence. He has never heard of the nub theory, but guessed boy if he had to guess. He said 40/60 boy. 40% still seems high. I have had one gender nub guess so far on gender prediction and they are guessing boy. So im sure it is another boy. This will be my 4th boy. I am so pissed. I keep wondering why i keep having boys. I did not sway, but ds3 was a failed sway. I guess we can only produce boys. It just seems like everyone gets the gender they want but me. I am so pissed right now. Im not even sad, just pissed! i want to cry. I do not wantThats alll im asking for. 4 boys.geez, cant i catch a break for once and get one girl? I told my mom and she is not supportive of the pregnancy to begin with because she thinks 3 kids was enough, this was a surprise pregnancy. anyways she was even like "omg wow are you serious?". Yeah its not even exciting anymore, seriously. If you have more than 2 boys after the 2nd it no longer is "congrats!" it is "oh damn maybe next time!" i dont get a next time. I am just so annoyed and pissed. :(

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear what you wanted to hear today. I don't want to offer false hopes because most of the time the techs know what they're talking about, but at 12 w 1 day I would not put any stock into a guess.

I completely and totally understand what you mean about feeling like the only person who doesn't get your DG without a bunch of bullshit - I ended up getting my DG in the end and I still kind of have some resentment about it - not that I'm not grateful but then again it did take me 20 years and years of exhaustive research. Much rather be the person who gets it without even trying. Huge (((hugs))) and hoping you get a different report at your next ultrasound.

byebeautiful
January 29th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Thank you for the reply. I was really laid back about the gender and really thought i didnt care either way but for some reason i am just pissed! lol. I was devistated when ds3 was a boy because i reasearched, charted and did so much work and still ended up with a fail sway. i love my little boy but we seriously did everything different this time and all signs were pointing to girl (long cycles, breastfeeding, creamy cm, a cut off and a pull out, jump and dump (i got up and peed right after because we were not trying). Got pregnant on top this time. Everything was so different. I hope he is wrong. he did say he could be wrong, the only reason he guessed was because he could tell i was obsessing and asking questions. lol. I honestly though by the nub it was a girl, then he said boy because of the top of the nub looked like a scrotum. We did get to peek between the legs and did not see much other than one small bump. he kept saying he wished the baby would move and he could get a better shot. but he did say not to get disappointed because some babies are late bloomers and the ball at the end could be a swollen labia. but i feel like he was just being nice. :(

zibibbogirl
January 30th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Bye, I did HT and my ultrasound at around 12 weeks was also inconclusive, which sent me into a state of despair about whether I was carrying an opposite. So I did some research about what genitals actually look like at that stage and I was shocked to discover that a girl and a boy parts are absolutely the same at that point in time. There is no way of telling based on looking at a potty shot. Your tech may have been sure and perhaps he saw some other boy indicators that lead him to offer a 60/40 guess, but really, at this point I would take it with a grain of salt. Unfortunately all you can do is wait another few weeks (excruciating, I know, I have just been there) and get a decent confirmation once the baby is better formed.

I really do hope you get your baby girl, but if you don't you have every right to feel the way you do. I woud be angry too. It does seem that so many people are just so lucky and get what they want without trying. I am trying to see my gender journey as a gift in patience etc. But really when it is all boiled down, it is pretty crappy.