PDA

View Full Version : TBM Lowdown...

Out of the Blue
April 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I still haven't pinned down all my sway techniques and I am interested in the TBM. Could someone give me step-by-step directions, pointers and/or resources to carry out this method? What are your thoughts on this method...good, bad, so-so? I am swaying PINK (as if you cannot tell from my signature!)

I apologize if this has already been posted here. I did a search and couldn't really find anything on this site.

Thanks! :Flower:

fivebabies
April 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
What does TBM stand for?? I keep seeing it and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out. Thx! Good luck on your sway!

Out of the Blue
April 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM
fivebabies, it means"Turkey Baster Method" but it doesn't entail a real turkey baster (that would be really bad...YIKES!)...just a small dropper or syringe. I think the object is to get the sperm to the right pH and then insert. I don't know all the details so I'm on a fact-finding mission. TTC time is right around the corner for me. Best of luck on your sway as well...:luck::ttcgirl::luck:

fivebabies
April 10th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Ah!!! Thank you! That makes soooo much sense now. LOL Good luck to you as well!!!

fivebabies
April 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Ok, now I'm intersted....someone point us in the right direction please!!!!

nuthinbutpink
April 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
TBM (turkey baster method)

DH provides a "sample" in a cup or plain condom- I think a cup of some sort is not as messy!

For a girl, it is recomended that you add warm lime- like body temp warm- to the sample to get it to a ph of 4-4.5. Warm the lime in hot water not artifically(no microwave). Mix gently by swirling around and let sit for a few minutes (never longer than 10). Then, carefully and SLOWLY to avoid breaking the tails off the sperm, use a needle-less medicine syringe(like the ones you get at the grocery store when you get a kids' prescription filled) to insert the mixture into you. Lay with hips raised or jump and dump.

How do you know when the pH is right? You add the lime a drop at a time and test. Practice makes perfect. Keep checking your pH every half hour or so to make sure it is low and act accordingly if it is not to lower it.

Yuzu
April 10th, 2011, 08:18 PM
To add to Nuthinbutpink's excellent explanation, make sure there is no air in the syringe before you insert the mix into you! Just push the plunger a bit before inserting to make sure all the air bubbles are gone.

Out of the Blue
April 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks, NBP! I just found an older post where you gave some really good info regarding the TBM there as well:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?665-Swaying-gurus-what-do-you-think-of-TBM-for-a-girl

Decisions, decisions...My sway keeps changing every 5 min!

Out of the Blue
April 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM
To add to Nuthinbutpink's excellent explanation, make sure there is no air in the syringe before you insert the mix into you! Just push the plunger a bit before inserting to make sure all the air bubbles are gone.

Thank you...that's really good to know!

fivebabies
April 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Wow, thanks everyone. Something more to think about.

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'll write up a how to, although I am not a huge fan of TBM for MANY reasons.

queen-of-harts
April 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Atomic along with your write up on the tbm could you also add the reasons why your not a fan? Im sure many women would like to know this info while deciding if this method is write for them,I myself have issue with tbm and if it's even worth the while so im interested to see yours.

Out of the Blue
April 12th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'll write up a how to, although I am not a huge fan of TBM for MANY reasons.

Yes! Would love to hear your thoughts on why you're not a fan. I don't think we'll be attempting it at this time but I would love all the info and opinions just the same. Thx, Atomic.

WantingPink
April 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Any thoughts on a modified TBM with a diva cup for TTC a girl? Seems this would be an easy way to control pH of DH. Could you include this in your write up Atomic?

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I still haven't pinned down all my sway techniques and I am interested in the TBM. Could someone give me step-by-step directions, pointers and/or resources to carry out this method? What are your thoughts on this method...good, bad, so-so? I am swaying PINK (as if you cannot tell from my signature!)

I apologize if this has already been posted here. I did a search and couldn't really find anything on this site.

Thanks! :Flower:

There you have it!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2598-how-to-do-TBM-and-why-you-probably-shouldn-t-do-it-for-gender-swaying

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Any thoughts on a modified TBM with a diva cup for TTC a girl? Seems this would be an easy way to control pH of DH. Could you include this in your write up Atomic?

It's in there! Thanks for suggesting it!

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Yes! Would love to hear your thoughts on why you're not a fan. I don't think we'll be attempting it at this time but I would love all the info and opinions just the same. Thx, Atomic.

Done! Hope it is helpful to everyone.

Out of the Blue
April 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Atomic! You just GIVE, GIVE, GIVE! I'm so thankful to have found this site! :Flower:

fivebabies
April 16th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Thank you Atomic!

Any further thoughts now ladies?