PDA

View Full Version : Birth story of DS2 L.....

Thorz300
January 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
So I have spent the day reading all the wonderful birth stories on here, and I wanted to add one of mine. DS1 and DS3 both have normal average birth stories, but DS2 was quite a bit different.....

So with all my pregnancies, I have extremely bad hips and have to be put on bed rest, so by the time my due date rolls around, I just want to be done and I end up getting induced. With DS1 everything had progressed so fast after my water broke (for a 1st baby) it only took 3 hours. So I was figuring this would be the same.......Oh I had no idea! We were brought into my room in Labor and delivery and they got me hooked up to antibiotics (I always test positive for the strep thing) anyway they said since I was already at nearly a 4 on my own, they would see if they could break my water after the first dose of antibiotics had emptied. I honestly don't remember how long that took because there was construction going on outside my room, it was too loud to think. I finally asked if I could be moved, they moved me to a smaller room. Once I got in the smaller room, they checked me and I was at a 4+ so they went ahead and broke my waters and asked if I wanted an epidural yet. I said no because I wanted to feel labor on my own for as long as I could handle it, and I felt I got it too early (dilated to 6) with DS1. All the nurses left and DH told me he needed to run to class to tell his teacher he wasn't going to make it to a mandatory class, luckily his class was just on the other end of the hospital because he was a medical student at the same hospital. Anyhow, he left, the nurses left, and my bff left to make some phone calls to tell my family the progress so they could start driving to the hospital. There I sat all alone, and for about 5 minutes it felt nice, but then my contractions started hitting me really really hard. I tried to bare with them as best I could by myself, then I started wondering why in the world everyone left me right after my waters were broken????? I was breathing through my contractions ok and started thinking I should push the nurse button but wanted to hold out a little long. Then OH MY GOODNESS I started to feel a huge urge to POOP! I started freaking out thinking, "I don't want to poop during labor, so I should probably go now!!!" I hobbled my way to the bathroom and tried to poop, I tried and I tried but I just couldn't get it out. I figured I would try again later and hobbled back to bed. No one was back yet, it had really only been about a HALF HOUR since they broke my waters but it seemed like an eternity.
I paged the nurse for the epidural and just resigned to pooping during labor because I was in too much pain to make it back to the bathroom. When she came, I told her I was ready for the epidural and she informed me that the anesthesiologist was in a c section and it would be about an hour. At this time I really wanted DH back!!! She informed me she could put a little demoral in my IV to ease the pain until the epidural came. I agreed and as she was walking out I casually said, "I was mostly hoping to get the epidural fast so I wouldn't feel my urge to poop anymore."........She spun around so fast I thought she would fall. "WHAT?????" she exclaimed!!!!!! I explained to her how bad I needed to poop and that I couldn't!
As calmly as she could, she asked, "you didn't actually TRY to go to the bathroom did you????" Innocently I explained to her that I had tried for about 10 straight minutes, but to no avail....." I saw the blood drain out of her face and I was confused I didn't get what the big deal was (remember with DS1 I was induced and had an epidural during the late stages of labor so I felt nothing). She quickly checked me and said, There is no time for that epidural, you are ready to go......
UHHHH WHAT?????? I can't go now, no one is here and it has only been 45 min since they broke my water! Luckily my husband came in just then and so did my bff and my mom and sisters and all of the sudden the room was too crowded. They had to hussle me back into a bigger room because the neonatal unit had to be in their too because there was meconium in my waters when they broke it. Anyhow, my doc wasn't dressed so she told the nurse to do a few practice pushes with me while she hurried and changed. I did one "practice" push and the nurse flipped out and told me to stop. The doc came back in, told me to push... and my DS2 was born at 7 lbs and 15 oz 21 in long!!!!!!! It all happened within an hour of my waters being broken! Geez good thing my water didn't break on its own at home!!!

For anyone who is wondering how I didn't know that the urge to POOP or push meant I was almost ready to give birth, No one had ever told me and I had only experienced an induced labor so I had no idea what labor really felt like!!!!

Wanting-a-girl
January 30th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Great story! And to be honest I only had the pressure in my bum wos ds3 with my second I had a 30 min labour the contractions were to intense to feel pressure down there and ds1 was vacuumed out which was terribly painful

Atsaukina1
February 7th, 2013, 09:45 AM
haha great story can't believe you wobbled to the bathroom lol . yep that is exactly what it feels like so gross but true:) lucky you didn't get that demoral or you might have been a lil looped trying to push:)
hope this one goes nice and fast for you:)