PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Jolie -- pregnant # 7

prayforprincess
January 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
So apparently Angelina Jolie is pregnant with #7. And its a BOY!!!
Goes to show that skinny girls don't all have girls.

harleyquinn
January 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Well, the only part of Anjelina that is fatter than me is her lips. And possibly her boobs. Otherwise, this Skinny Girl has had 4 boys so far ;)

Speaking of Skinny Girl, I am always surprised Bethanny Frankel has a girl. And i think she miscarried another girl.

midwestgirl
March 25th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Oh wow, I totally missed this news!!! :)

lisvna
March 25th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Me too lol

SurroundedByBoys
March 25th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Well, she has not really HAD 4 boys. Shes only had one, plus this one will make 2. Maddox and Pax are adopted. :P Shes had 2 biological daughters so shes even.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
they had pgd once before I would not be surprised if they did again

tall gals tend to have more boys even if very thin

my4leafclover
March 25th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I was thinking they did IVF with her twins. If so this one could have been a FET,

mrs magoo
March 26th, 2013, 06:56 AM

how do you know this? was it with Shiloh?

Lizzie Lizard
March 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Tall girls tend to have boys?? Really? I'm doomed!! :)

Atomic, can you put any science to this or is it just an observation?

xoxo

TeraDN
March 29th, 2013, 11:45 AM
wow I missed that....

aroundtheworld
May 1st, 2013, 11:18 PM
I don't know that this is true. I can't find info on it anywhere.

Boymomsrock
May 1st, 2013, 11:47 PM
I'm 5'11 and 130 lbs and have 3 boys. Only two pregnancies but still 3 boys.

harleyquinn
May 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
http://personal.lse.ac.uk/Kanazawa/pdfs/JTB2005b.pdf

Rainbow baby
May 2nd, 2013, 01:39 AM
No fat on that woman just silicon and filler.
Ladies don't lose hope I am only 5ft and had 4 boys. That's up and down and side to side by the way! lol

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Tall girls tend to have boys?? Really? I'm doomed!! :)

Atomic, can you put any science to this or is it just an observation?

xoxo
Um yeah I don't just say things like that without data.
I am on kindle and can't post links but looks like Harley did.
I am only 5-4 and have 4 boys, that does not mean you are doomed to have all girls.

Tall people can have girls and short people can have boys, it's just an overall trend that direction.

This is true for all mammals too btw because big males are better at getting mates. There is a section in one of Richard Dawkins books about it.

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Also grease monkey from ig is only 4-10 and has two boys

Southern Butterfly
May 2nd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Also grease monkey from ig is only 4-10 and has two boys

I'm a little ass backwards too lol. I'm 4'11 and will soon have 4 boys. My heaviest conception weight was 108lbs (DS2) and lowest was 89lbs with this pregnancy. I still very much believe in the science behind the genders we have but I'm just an exception to the general rule. Someone has to break the rules, right???

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Plus, I'm not sure that we are dealing with "rules" per se - I think it works more like a sieve and the best we can do is sway the odds in one direction vs. the other. I think it's totally possible that some of us can have conceived our first boy or two or three while we were in effect swaying blue thru diet/lifestyle, then we sway and have actually swayed the odds pink but then just have bad luck on the last go-round.

Example (just meant as illustration, this is how much I feel like I had chances of boy)

Boy 1 - 80-20 odds of blue
Boy 2 65-35 odds of blue
Boy 3 90-10 odds of blue
Boy 4 70-30 odds of blue
DD 20-80 odds of blue, and then I got lucky and hit the 80% and not the 20% (20% is still a heck of a lot of boys). Could easily have gone the other way.

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
also links to some studies in this You are what your mother eats: evidence for maternal preconception diet influencing foetal sex in humans (http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/275/1643/1661.full#ref-43)

I have several books on evolution and reproduction that have info that is not always online, I'm not asking anyone to accept anything I say on blind faith of course but I just want everyone to know that I don't pull stuff out of my behind, I have reasoning and/or evidence behind everything I say beyond any observation. :)

The Anchor
May 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I am 5'11", 160 lbs, and I have one of each. This will sound strange - although I swayed for my boy, I have a feeling that what really happened is I swayed for my girl. I had just lost 20+ lbs and was doing cardio like a mad woman when I conceived her, and doing the TW diet was 100% EASY for me.

desperate4blue
May 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM

Hi ladies

Im thin and tall and a big eater and have 3 girls. Oops!

pebmcpd7
May 3rd, 2013, 05:41 PM

Another thing to worry about, I am very tall!!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 4th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hi ladies

Im thin and tall and a big eater and have 3 girls. Oops!

There are no magic bullets, it's just a trend in that direction.

atomic sagebrush
May 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Another thing to worry about, I am very tall!!!!

Please don't worry, this doesn't mean you can't have a baby girl!! It's just a trend! Just think of all those lovely girls in the WNBA (women's basketball) they ahve tall parents and they are girls!!

JJ got a girl and she's really tall as well!!

Lizzie Lizard
May 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I know you know your stuff, Atomic... I didn't mean to say there was no science behind it. I just wanted to know what the science was. I love your break down of the odds of having girl vs. boy. I agree 20% is still a lot of boys.

Plus, couldn't there be 10 girl sperm right there and somehow the 1 boy sperm present wins? (There is no science to back up my lame theory so please enlighten me if this is ridiculous!)

Hopeful37
May 9th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Lol, yes I'm 5'5 , 130 Lbs and had 2 boys..3 if u nclude my husband. Hope I get that girl next. if I get another boy, I'll really be out numbered.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I know you know your stuff, Atomic... I didn't mean to say there was no science behind it. I just wanted to know what the science was. I love your break down of the odds of having girl vs. boy. I agree 20% is still a lot of boys.

Plus, couldn't there be 10 girl sperm right there and somehow the 1 boy sperm present wins? (There is no science to back up my lame theory so please enlighten me if this is ridiculous!)
Yes absolutely. I have a friend who did microsort and got a boy with 92% girl sort. Sorry I wasn't offended or anything, I was answering from my kindle and it is hard to type!! So I keep it brief we than I probably should.

Hobbermittens
May 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Don't lose hope, tall ladies--I have two friends who are both close to 6 feet, and both have 2 girls each! I also grew up with two tall families (mothers were both very tall), one had a boy and girl, and the other had two girls.

Am3a
May 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I'm short and have 2 boys... My sister is the same height and she has 2 girls! I think there's more at play in determining gender than height. :-/

lime
May 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM
In the news (and not just a rumour): Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to help prevent breast cancer! She is definitely not pregnant!!!