PDA

View Full Version : Zinc overdose?

TTC5
April 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I took my zinc this morning and half hr later was throwing up? Can zinc do this or would it be a tummy bug brewing?

TTC5
April 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks for your help. I think zinc doesnt sway? But not sure 100 % i take it to strengthen the egg as i have history of miscarriages.

TTC5
April 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Ive been taking zinc for around 8 weeks now..

skrimpy
April 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I think Zinc for DH boosts testosterone?

TTC5 can you skip the zinc for a couple of days then begin again with a lower dose?

TTC5
April 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Yep will do that skrimpy x

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 12:11 AM
I definately think it was the zinc.. have been fine up until now... maybe I need to take a break from it!! I feel ok now!

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:12 PM
my husband had the same issue with chelated zinc. It does make some people sick.

Quick question. I am ordering my supplements now and on Tamara's list of girl supplements she has 50mg of Zinc. Should I be taking this? Does it sway boy? I think Zinc does sway boy. Tamara thinks it only sways when DH takes it.

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I definately think it was the zinc.. have been fine up until now... maybe I need to take a break from it!! I feel ok now!

I think it was the zinc too - zinc makes my husband really sick also (he took it for colds). If you do need to take a break, try taking it every other day or even every two days rather than just quitting cold turkey, sometimes your body gets used to minerals at a certain level and doesn't like it when you quit cold turkey.

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Yep def the zinc! skipped it today and all good so far =)

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 11:06 PM
TTC5, Zinc has made me throw up as well. What I've found is I can't take it with any other supps, and I have to take it on a full stomach. Like, not from a snack, from a full meal. I usually take mine after dinner now and haven't had any issues.

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I will try that next time thankyou! Going to have a break for a few days x

TTC5
April 12th, 2011, 01:56 AM
I don't think it would hurt, but I would double double check that!! xx

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2011, 12:21 PM
so should i skip the zinc for me for swaying for a girl?

Atomic could you look at the list of supplements I want to get for my sway and let me know what you think I should add or take away : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2552-Can-someone-look-at-the-list-of-girl-supplement-I-am-about-to-buy&p=22090#post22090

I ~personally~ believe you should skip the zinc for a girl BUT I do know that Tamara thinks it only sways when taken by DH.