PDA

View Full Version : Ladies who BBT chart--Question about pre-O dip!?

BabyGirl2013
January 31st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Hello! This is my first month charting and my temps have been very regular and I'm waiting to O (currently on CD 16). This morning I had a big dip in temp. I thought it could be a pre-O dip, but my OPK tests today are still negative (very close, but not quite as dark as the control line).

My question is...those of you who notice a pre-O dip, is it generally the day before ovulation or can it be a couple days prior?

Thanks!

Cinss
January 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM
It can be the day before, or a couple of days before, it really depends on what time you take your opks and temps, FF tries its best to pinpoint the day with that info only, but it sounds like you have a good indication that O will happen in the next day or 2, good luck with your attempt.

Thorz300
January 31st, 2013, 07:11 PM
I usually have my temp dip a day or two before O. You can see on my chart.

LacePrincess
January 31st, 2013, 07:15 PM
My temp dips are almost invariably the day before O day, but they usually trend downwards the handful of days before that.

However, bear in mind if this is your first month charting it's not unusual to have erratic results until you get the hang of it. It does take some time to get the technique down and to know your own body's patterns. So hopefully you have some opk's too!

BabyGirl2013
February 1st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks ladies! I got a +OPK this AM. It's go time! :)

LacePrincess
February 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Whoohoo! GL, go catch that eggy!