PDA

View Full Version : October 2013 babies!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Kiara
June 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
*ruby* I'm looking forward to birth aswell:) I have hospital births as its a break from home, and just get a taxi in by myself, get very, very drunk on gas and air, and bounce away on the birth ball to some up beat music, I call the midwife in when I know I am at the end, I really dont like any company in there which I know is different, I keep in touch with home by sending text messages lol, my DD1 is a very witty girl and has me laughing away the whole way through by telling me that they are eating curry and chocolate whilst I'm starving and bouncing like a loon on the ball:bigsmile: If I can get internet connection in there (doubt it) I may see whose online here for a bit of distraction:agree:

Oh I love that gas! I used it in my delivery with my dd and it was fuun:D I even told my dh during the pain that we should try to get a machine like that to have at home haha. I dont think they use it on the hospital im going to deliver this time though :(

Having a 3d and 4d scan on monday im really looking forward to it:) I hope I can get some good pictures. Anyone here done one?

*ruby*
June 27th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Yep the gas is great although I didn't get to use it with DS2 as I was in transition already when I arrived at hospital and was shaking so much I couldn't hold it.

No 3 or 4D scan for me but the sonographer did switch to 4D briefly at my 20 wk scan. Baby was still looking very alien like then though.

xokatietatie
June 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
On Facebook I am in this mommy group, and this woman posted today about her six month old daughter. She said she is mean and likes to hit and bite. She said she's bratty and aggressive, and she went on and had all these other complaints as well. It was kind of surprising to read. She compared her daughter to a little boy though and that really pissed me off!!! Why do people think that little boys are aggressive and poorly behaved? This woman actually said "she is like a little boy" in her post. What the heck is that supposed to mean??

Kiara
June 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Its really silly when people use "she is like a boy" or "he is like a girl" as something negative. Behavior doesnt have to do with gender in babies and its not negative for a boy to be sensivtive or a girl to be tough.
And how can someone even say that a baby is mean?:( Thats so sad..

Ruby, yes saw our dd at 19 or 20 weeks in a 3d scan she looked like an alien haha. She didnt look at all like that when she was born (then she looked like a Little monkey instead)

motherofboys
June 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I didn't like the gas, maybe I'm weird. It made my mouth feel funny like I was at the dentist and that was it for me. DH likes to tell people I threw the mouth piece across the room while having my first but I had actually put it on the side of the bed then accidently knocked it off LOL

I HATE that Katie. It drives me mad people saying children that age are mean and naughty anyway but then to compare them to a boy like that!

Theres a Mum at school who I really envied for a while. She got 2 boys followed by 2 girls. They are 7, 5, 3 and 1. So she got her 2 boys first like I wanted, then she got girls, and she got the age gaps I wanted (my 3 are 7, 5, and 3 and I wanted the same gap again and actually started trying just before she started trying for her 1 year old and she fell with in the first 2 months and I was still hanging on and only just getting number 4) She was VERY vocal about the fact that she didn't like boys, she never ever wanted boys and would have been happy with 4 girls. She openly told everyone that if her 3rd had been a boy she would have gone HT to get a girl. She's now started telling people that she wants 2 more babies, but she wants twin BOYS, because "girls are hard work"! I was shocked to hear she wanted boys LOL

motherofboys
June 28th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Went shopping with my friend yesterday. After the train journey there, wandering round all day, then problems with the trains on the way back meaning the return journey took me 3 and a half hours (was an hour there) everything aches today, I feel about 90! And by the time I got home yesterday my bump felt huge and heavy, must have been the gravity fro being on my feet all day pulling it down or something because it feels normal and manageable again today LMAO

And my friend did the stereotyping boys thing. She was talking about a mutual friends kids, saying that the girl who is 2 and a half will eat her breakfast, take the plate to the kitchen then go get dressed, while the boy who is 6 refuses to do any of it. And that she told our friend "yeah but thats just boys isn't it?" erm no thats not just boys. That because her son is acting up due to other issues in the home and trying to get her attention because she never wanted a boy and always makes a big fuss about how great girls are and palms her son off on her own Mum. Neither of them know typical boy behaviour, both are only children, both have 1 daughter and 1 has 1 son.

Another friend of mine has a Mum who only had sisters, she only has 1 sister and is the only one in her family to have a boy, all her cousins have girls. Anything her son does gets passed off as "its just boys" and I was talking about my middle son being a handful and her and her Mum both sat there saying it was because he was a boy. I think having had 3 brothers myself and 3 sons I'd know more about typical boy behaviour than they would with 1 boy in the whole family.

xokatietatie
June 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Having lots of braxton hicks contractions the past couple days!!! Yesterday and today I've been very sick to my stomach, lots of bathroom visits (TMI). It's been rough. I thought BH contractions weren't supposed to be painful? Some of mine have actually hurt a bit.

motherofboys
June 30th, 2013, 05:32 AM
I only had BH the last 3 weeks with my 3rd, but I did find them painful.

LolaInLove
July 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Having lots of braxton hicks contractions the past couple days!!! Yesterday and today I've been very sick to my stomach, lots of bathroom visits (TMI). It's been rough. I thought BH contractions weren't supposed to be painful? Some of mine have actually hurt a bit.

I've had lots of non-painful BH lately too, and I never had any at all with my first 2 pregnancies. Weird! I wonder if that means I'll have an earlier baby this time. My girls were 3 days and then 1 week late.

LolaInLove
July 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
About the "boy" comments, a good friend of mine has 2 girls and a boy, and the boy is a big homebody and very meek- he's just as sweet as he can be, but he's not at all rambunctious or anything. My friend and her husband always say they need to toughen him up and that their girls are more "like boys" but when I hear them say stuff like that, I usually ask them why he can't just be a chill person? There are plenty of adult men who are sedate and quiet and would rather read a book on the couch than go outside. Another one of our friends think he's going to be gay, which pisses me off even more. Worst stereotypes ever!

motherofboys
July 3rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
DS1 was always so quiet and calm. He would just sit and line up his trains neatly and push them back and forth watching the wheels going round. His always enjoyed sitting and reading as well. He would have been happy to stay home all the time. It wasn't until after he started school some of his friends went to Beaver Scouts and he wanted to go too. Then they sent Judo flyers home in their school bags and he tried that out. DS2 has always loved being out and doing things and simply can not be still. Even at night his fidgetting right up until he passes out LOL He does Judo 2 nights a week, and Karate, he wants to join Beavers when his 6 and is starting football a week on Saturday. And DS3 is a homebody, his a monkey, but a real mix of both his brothers and will sit playing with little figures for ages. The minute his through the door from pre-school his stripping off and asking for his PJs and wont leave the house again unless he has to. He even asks to leave his grandparents after an hour just because he wants to go home and get comfy LOL
I think its just a case of all children being different. I don't believe any gender is worse than the other, or more hyper than the other, or calmer or better behaved.

motherofboys
July 6th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Don't you love it when you go somewhere, where everyone else only has 1 child, or 1 child and a baby, all of whom are playing nicely by themselves and your 3 are running round like its the first time they have been out of the house and winding each other up, and every 5 minutes you have to tell one of them to calm down, and the others are asking "are they like this at home? How far are you now? you must be mad, I barely cope with 1" and you just know they are thinking "how is she going to handle another one when she can't control the kids she has already, look at them running wild" and assuming thats how your kids behave all the time, rather than just that they have had a teacher training day at school, its sunny for the first time in a long time and they are very over excited about being somewhere they usually miss out on because they are at school. Plus its almost the end of term.

wishing for pink
July 8th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Hey ladies, I have been a busy mommy and doing vacations so I haven't been on much. Also having only 3 months to go we have no girl names picked out at all. I have a few we have talked about and I need some advise and opinions. I figured this site helped me get my dream little girl I thought you guys could help me with a name. The middle name will more likely be Faye because that's my middle name. So here is a little list of what we kinda like what do you all think?

Lainey
Harmony
Alicia
Allison

these are the only ones we have talked about also if you have any name ideas please feel free to share. Thanks.

motherofboys
July 9th, 2013, 04:55 AM
How is everyone getting on? Can't believe I'll be 26 weeks on Thursday! Feels like its flying by and about to get even faster what with summer holidays and then preparing for DS2s birthday which is just 4 days before my due date.

*ruby*
July 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
It's flying for me too, 26 weeks on Monday. The boys are on term break from school and kinder for another week so keeping nice and busy doing things with them. The weather has been sooo cold here though, we're going to see Monsters University tomorrow.

I'm starting to get the nursery ready as well, I just need to pick up a set of drawers with change top I ordered and the basics will be done. Everything is very plain white though so will add some colour once bubs is born and we know gender.

After a slow start in growth I'm feeling BIG now but still not too uncomfortable. Need to book in for my glucose test in a couple of weeks, DS2 was 4.3kgs so they're thinking I may of had undiagnosed gestational diabetes last time.

Oh and I start maternity leave at 34 weeks so only a little less than 9 weeks of work to go!

*ruby*
July 9th, 2013, 09:32 AM
wishing for pink - I like Lainey Faye the most but they're all good choices

motherofboys
July 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I feel thats something I have always missed out on, making a nursery. With DS1 we lived with MIL and just put a cot in the corner of our room. When we moved here we wasn't allowed to paint and already had enough draws etc to put between both rooms, and he was a year old. And then after that we already had everything and they were in with us then joining the older one(s)

strawberrymom
July 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Hey ladies, I have been a busy mommy and doing vacations so I haven't been on much. Also having only 3 months to go we have no girl names picked out at all. I have a few we have talked about and I need some advise and opinions. I figured this site helped me get my dream little girl I thought you guys could help me with a name. The middle name will more likely be Faye because that's my middle name. So here is a little list of what we kinda like what do you all think?

Lainey
Harmony
Alicia
Allison

these are the only ones we have talked about also if you have any name ideas please feel free to share. Thanks.

My favorite of these is Harmony followed by Lainey. If you go to nymbler and type in names you like, they come up with suggestions (although not always great IMO). Also nameberry is a great naming site. We still have way too many names and I know we won't name her until we see her. So far the ones in the running are Mina, Willow, Eliana, Ivy, Helena, Elsa, Fionna, Vivienne, and Isadora. Sadie was our girl name forever and we considered Scarlett too, but I think those are now on the outs.
Has anyone ever used the magnetic baby clothing? We purchased a couple (discounted as they are expensive!) and I am thinking they will be like gold for the 2 am bleary eyed changing times. Also was lucky enough to get some free newborn cloth diapers this weekend and they are so small! You forget how tiny a newborn is.

wishing for pink
July 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks ladies who responded, Lainey is my favorite right now but the hubby is so so about it. I'm getting really excited as I'm getting ready to start her nursery and get things ready for her. But I'm still nervous as we have not fully agreed on a name for her and am scared she won't have a name until after she is born which is crazy cuz we had both our boy's names picked out way before they were born.

*ruby*
July 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I feel thats something I have always missed out on, making a nursery. With DS1 we lived with MIL and just put a cot in the corner of our room. When we moved here we wasn't allowed to paint and already had enough draws etc to put between both rooms, and he was a year old. And then after that we already had everything and they were in with us then joining the older one(s)

We are lucky this time as we just moved I to a new house that we built so have a blank canvas to work with and because of the age gap pretty much have had to buy or borrow everything again. Well DH probably wouldn't say the buying part was lucky! But it is fun

motherofboys
July 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
You do forget just how tiny they are don't you. I've discovered this time most shops are now doing a '0-1 month' size which is up to 10lb. Which is handy because my babies have all been over the new born weight (up to 7.5lb, my smallest was 7lb 14) but 0-3 was too big. So I've bought a few things in the 0-1 month size and they are so small. My 3 year old is looking so big atm, but when the baby gets here I bet DS3 will look like a giant next to him LOL

xokatietatie
July 10th, 2013, 05:56 PM
You do forget just how tiny they are don't you. I've discovered this time most shops are now doing a '0-1 month' size which is up to 10lb. Which is handy because my babies have all been over the new born weight (up to 7.5lb, my smallest was 7lb 14) but 0-3 was too big. So I've bought a few things in the 0-1 month size and they are so small. My 3 year old is looking so big atm, but when the baby gets here I bet DS3 will look like a giant next to him LOL

I always buy one or two preemie outfits just for the hospital!

strawberrymom
July 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I hope to get an idea how big my little girl is next week. I have my scary u/s next Friday to see if I need surgery. Will be good to know so I can plan what I can (would like a natural birth again). I am trying to think positive but am also freaking out.
For those in the U.K., I am wondering when you say you get gas and air what that is? I assume the air is oxygen, but what is the gas? Also it seems that most have midwives and not doctors? I find it interesting how different countries approach the whole birth process.

pebmcpd7
July 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
It's flying for me too, 26 weeks on Monday. The boys are on term break from school and kinder for another week so keeping nice and busy doing things with them. The weather has been sooo cold here though, we're going to see Monsters University tomorrow.

I'm starting to get the nursery ready as well, I just need to pick up a set of drawers with change top I ordered and the basics will be done. Everything is very plain white though so will add some colour once bubs is born and we know gender.

After a slow start in growth I'm feeling BIG now but still not too uncomfortable. Need to book in for my glucose test in a couple of weeks, DS2 was 4.3kgs so they're thinking I may of had undiagnosed gestational diabetes last time.

Oh and I start maternity leave at 34 weeks so only a little less than 9 weeks of work to go!

I have my glucose test next thurs too... My babies are all big (10.5lbs) I never had the test done before, hope it comes back ok. I have been very good this pregnancy though. Since I have been told I need to do this test I have been very careful. I don't really eat much sweet things. I have only out on 12 lbs so far, I usually put on around 50lbs!!

*ruby*
July 11th, 2013, 01:37 AM
I hope to get an idea how big my little girl is next week. I have my scary u/s next Friday to see if I need surgery. Will be good to know so I can plan what I can (would like a natural birth again). I am trying to think positive but am also freaking out.
For those in the U.K., I am wondering when you say you get gas and air what that is? I assume the air is oxygen, but what is the gas? Also it seems that most have midwives and not doctors? I find it interesting how different countries approach the whole birth process.

Gas and air is a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen. I agree it is so fascinating hearing how different things are in different countries. You just have to watch the UK version v's the US version of One Born Every Minute to see the huge differences in their approaches to birth. Here in Aus we are similar to the UK way of doing things.

*ruby*
July 11th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I have my glucose test next thurs too... My babies are all big (10.5lbs) I never had the test done before, hope it comes back ok. I have been very good this pregnancy though. Since I have been told I need to do this test I have been very careful. I don't really eat much sweet things. I have only out on 12 lbs so far, I usually put on around 50lbs!!

I've had the 1 hour test before (which i always passed) but not the full 2 hour one so we will see but I'm already feeling big despite only putting on 4kgs so far. Good luck with your test though I think some people just make bigger babies and its more genetics than anything else. My DS2 is still way taller than other kids his age.

motherofboys
July 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
When will everyone who is re-using some of their baby clothes be getting them ready. I finally found the bottom of my washing baskets, something I would have done months ago by now but the weather has been so rubbish. Now I'm dying to see all those tiny vests etc hanging on my line in the sunshine. I'm worried because of the prediction of rubbish summers for the next few years that by the time we get to the end of Sept/beginning of Oct, the weather will be bad again and it will take ages to get everything washed and dried.
Don't know whether to do it now. Will also give me a chance to see whats still in a good enough condition to use and what I'll need to buy again.

motherofboys
July 11th, 2013, 06:47 AM
I always buy one or two preemie outfits just for the hospital!

I took new born to the hospital with my eldest and even though he wasn't huge, he was 8lb 15 and it didn't fit him LOL It was stretched over his shoulders.

Kiara
July 13th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hi! How is it going for you all? How are you feeling?im starting to feel more tired again (had a few months that I felt great) I guess its just part of the pregnancy but im worried that its part of my thyroid issues. I had to start a higher dosis of my thyroid medicine, but im scared its not enough , but I will check soon. Really hoping it hasnt hurt the baby in any way:(

motherofboys
July 14th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I'm sure they wouldn't let you take anything that would harm baby hun. Hope everything is ok.

motherofboys
July 15th, 2013, 08:05 AM
I'm struggling atm with some guilt over feeding the baby. Right now sitting in my 'basket' on Amazon is a pack of 6 bottles.
DS1 was combine fed from 2 days (I believed a lot of myths and had no support/lots of pressure to bottle feed)
DS2 breastfed for 6 weeks until I stopped to take meds for depression.
DS3 breastfed until the month before his 3rd birthday! I never intended that long and in the end was beyond my comfort zone and desperate but he wouldn't give it up so I spent a weekend away from him then when I got back told him it was all gone.
I feel like I've lost that love of nursing that I had before, but I don't want the baby to have no breast milk at all.
I'm considering combine feeding again, especially with the boys wanting to feed him. But I keep coming up with reasons not to. Like to cost of milk, running out, power cuts, the new advise for making up bottles, especially on the go, confusing me. I know all the health benefits as well.
I feel like I'm cheating him out of something because I did it so long with DS3. Like his not as important because I couldn't put my own feelings aside to exclusively breastfeed him for as long as he deserves.
I'm just really not that enthusiastic this time round, and whenever I thought of nursing my tiny baby in the past I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Now that feeling isn't there.

bythestream
July 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sorry Im not in this thread motherofboys but I couldn't walk past your post. Do you think the only reason you are not looking forward to feeding again is because you don't want to do it for another 3 years? You know it doesn't have to be that long. I know breastfeeding is hard work but like you said all the fuss that goes along with bottle feeding makes that hard too. You could start with breastfeeding and see how you go after all it any will do him good. I feed both mine until 13 months when I had had enough and they both pretty much weaned themselves in the end. You don't even have to go that long though, I think there are various developmental stages when you should be able to stop easily.

I don't want to sound like I'm pressuring you though, you should do what is best for you. Just reminding you it doesn't have to be 3 years or nothing

motherofboys
July 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I know and in the past it was always my opinion that any BM was an achievement. I plan on him having some to begin with, but my others want to feed him as well anyway so was going to get a couple of bottles, but I didn't have much luck expressing last time, but was going to try again. But I feel like I've willingly given the others something and will be giving it to him begrudgingly and not enjoying it.
I'm worried about how hard it will be to wean this one off after not being able to wean DS3 when I wanted to.

bythestream
July 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM
You might feel different when he arrives. As for the weaning thing from my own experience and my friends if you wean at or before 13 months it is a lot easier than later. As they get toward 2 they tend to become really attached. I'm sure your boys are looking forward to meeting and helping out with their new little brother! Whatever you decide don't feel guilty just do what is best for you and your family.

strawberrymom
July 16th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi! How is it going for you all? How are you feeling?im starting to feel more tired again (had a few months that I felt great) I guess its just part of the pregnancy but im worried that its part of my thyroid issues. I had to start a higher dosis of my thyroid medicine, but im scared its not enough , but I will check soon. Really hoping it hasnt hurt the baby in any way:(
Hope you are feeling better soon.

motherofboys
July 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM
See for a while after he turned a year he was nursing like a new born again. My others had had dummies and favourite teddies that they took everywhere and that was their comfort along with a cuddle. But he never had anything else. So I felt mean. It was also my secret weapon, distraction, illness, sleep time, falling over.
I am going to start off BFing but I want him to take a bottle of something as well after a few weeks, whether that be expressed or formula. I didn't have much luck expressing last time. The others want to feed him, DH is ok with not feeding him, he knows bonding is in the other stuff not just feeding, but for kids thats one of the exciting bits and one of the things they actually can do. Also there are a few people who I don't feel comfortable feeding in front of. My Mums new husband for one. Just get a weird vibe off him. Last time I would struggle to get him to take a bottle of expressed milk (which had taken 2 or 3 goes to get enough into the bottle) and end up sneaking off saying I was going to change him and actually feeding him because he wouldn't take the bottle.

Anyway, I think I'm getting braxton hicks. Its weird because I only ever had them with DS3 and only from 37 weeks. But they were painful. I actually got excited thinking things could be kicking off the first few times I got them. This time my belly just feels kinda weird, and when I touch it its really hard then goes soft again.
Does that sound about right? Terrible isn't it, baby 4 and I still don't know what I should be feeling lol

bythestream
July 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a plan, my ds2 wouldn't take a bottle either it could be a real pain at times especially when I had to go to hospital with appendicitis. This time I'm definitely getting bub used to a bottle early. I think another firm of comforter is a really good idea too.

About the braxton hicks they sound like mine, I had heaps with the boys and this time they started at 14weeks! Mine don't hurt but they can even fall into regular 5 min intervals some evenings.

strawberrymom
July 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I am very pro everyone trying to bf. With ds1 I did everything by the book and started a bottle at 4-6 weeks (pumped milk) and he did wonderful even when at 4months I had to start formula due to supply. He still did bf through 1yr old,but just once by then. I was stay at home with ds2 so never attempted a bottle with him until close to a year when I wanted to start weaning. I tried everything and took 2 months before I could get him to drink from a cup. I wish I had tried earlier, even if it meant he had to have some formula. I am proud that I bf both, but it is physically and mentally difficult and I think everyone should do what feels right. Yes, studies have shown that bfing conveys many benefits, but if it is costing you the ability to function, there is absolutely nothing wrong with formula. Formula will NOT harm your baby and it may help you and your family to bond more. I think it is really sweet to think of your boys helping to feed.

strawberrymom
July 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
6 1/2 months pregnant + 90° heat=:thumbsdown:

motherofboys
July 17th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I agree with you. I always say to people who are not sure what they want to do to just give it a try. I think I should have made sure he regularly had a bottle. We did try a dummy, on DHs insistence because he said he couldn't comfort him when he was tiny. But he never really liked it much and refused it after a few months. I never minded at the time, but then there were times when he was older I wished I had something to fall back on.

On the heat subject, I'm pretty sure it was not this hot when I was this far gone 6 years ago. There is only 3 days difference between my due date then and my due date now. I don't remember ever feeling TOO hot and uncomfortable. Its meant to get up to 32C today and hotter tomorrow. Not sure what that is in F.
I've just stocked up on Ice Lollies and Ice Poles.

xokatietatie
July 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
6 1/2 months pregnant + 90° heat=:thumbsdown:

I feel ya!! We've got temps in the 90s this week and HIGH humidity. I'm dying.

strawberrymom
July 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
M.o.b.- I googled it and 32° is pretty much the same as 90° here. I think they said on the news this morning that a "cold" front is moving in this weekend, so it might go down into the 80s. Never thought of that as cold before.
Katie-I think for us redheads 90° really equals 100+!
I got pretty great news today at my appt. First, baby is 2lbs 4oz stiil a girl and measuring normal. My cyst has not gone away, but hasn't grown so doc said I don't need surgery. He also said I could deliver naturally, keep on seeing the midwives, and not considered at risk so I can still deliver at the special birth suite. :cheerteam: I will still have to have surgery 6 weeks after delivery (yay-I get to recover twice:rolleyes:) and there is still the small chance that it could twist or burst before then requiring not fun options,but doc seemed unconcerned. I wanted to start crying right there, and I think dh wanted to hug him! Pretty much best case scenario short of it shrinking by it's self. Of course I will still worry and am learning more about c-sections just in case, but stress level is waaaayy down now.

ELP
July 20th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Thats great news strawberry!! Will they scan again before delivery?

All good here but another one a bit shocked by the heat! It will be nice to have a full summer though incase it doesnt happen again for another 10 yrs lol!!

Ive been so short of time lately with endless end of school events but hopefully come tuesdaywhen mine all break up for summer holiday ì can get on more!:)

pebmcpd7
July 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM
The heat is killing me too, I never thought I would say I want rain!!! I also hate the endless sun cream coatings. The boys hate it too!

strawberrymom
July 21st, 2013, 02:45 PM
ELP-No more scans, he thought that it wasn't necessary as it hasn't grown in 6 weeks. As an interesting note for those who believe side matters, it is on my left side (meaning I ovulated from left side and obviously having a girl). I have now dug out all the nb cloth diapers and prepped them. Also have been going through the boys stuff (sadly) and seeing what we can sell at the next consignment sale in a few weeks.
Katie- I am thinking of doing nb/family photos this time around and wondering if there are anything I should look for /ask besides portfolio pics?
Peb- I am lucky ds1 doesn't mind bug lotion or sunscreens. Ds2 does of course, but he is not a fan of much, so that doesn't faze me. I can't imagine with 6 how long it must take to get ready. Do you all go out together regularly or do you break up into groups? It amazes me either way!

motherofboys
July 22nd, 2013, 05:10 AM
First day of summer holidays for my littlest one today. My others don't finish till wednesday.
Next midwife appointment is Thursday at 28weeks. How am I already in the 28th week. Its going so fast. I don't think I need much now. I'm not sure whether to get a moses basket and stand or not. My others didn't go in it much anyway, but its that or have the pram with carry cot set up all the time. TBH I don't have room to do either, but he'll need to be put down at some point LOL

xokatietatie
July 22nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Katie- I am thinking of doing nb/family photos this time around and wondering if there are anything I should look for /ask besides portfolio pics?

See if they have a website and/or Facebook page. Where are you located? And how much do you want to spend?

xokatietatie
July 22nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
First day of summer holidays for my littlest one today. My others don't finish till wednesday.
Next midwife appointment is Thursday at 28weeks. How am I already in the 28th week. Its going so fast. I don't think I need much now. I'm not sure whether to get a moses basket and stand or not. My others didn't go in it much anyway, but its that or have the pram with carry cot set up all the time. TBH I don't have room to do either, but he'll need to be put down at some point LOL

My kids only have a little over three weeks left of their summer break. I'm not ready for them to be off to school again, but I keep telling myself that them going back to school means we're just that much closer to Duncan's arrival!

motherofboys
July 22nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mine will have 6 weeks, which will leave just 6 weeks until the baby is due when they go back!

aussiettc
July 23rd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Oh damn I hate these moments. Doing so well with the idea of two little boys then my second good friend in m mum's group announced she's having a girl. I will be the only one of six of us who doesn't have a daughter. Feeling so sad today :-( and really thought I was over this

strawberrymom
July 23rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Oh damn I hate these moments. Doing so well with the idea of two little boys then my second good friend in m mum's group announced she's having a girl. I will be the only one of six of us who doesn't have a daughter. Feeling so sad today :-( and really thought I was over this
:bighug:

xokatietatie
July 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
We spent the day with my in-laws on Sunday because DH's grandmother was in town. DH's aunt, father and grandmother all three told me I need to make sure I have a girl name picked out because none of them believe this baby is a boy. I didn't really know what to say or think. I'd give anything to have a girl and was devastated when I found out I was having another boy, but now that I've had time to process I have adjusted to this baby being Duncan. A little part of me says "Oh, maybe they're right." but then the rest of me says "No, this is a boy and you already have all this boy stuff... and you really do love Duncan." Ehhh, I wish they wouldn't have said anything!

motherofboys
July 24th, 2013, 05:10 AM
There are odd moments when I see girls doing cute girly things that I still think I'd like a girl, but then other times (like my kids end of year disco) when I look at the girls and think "Thank God I have boys" these 9/10/11 year old girls wearing stuff I wouldn't have worn at 18 for a night out. I think to now have a girl after bonding with a boy and getting everything ready for a boy would lead to disappointment!

xokatietatie
July 24th, 2013, 11:08 AM
There are odd moments when I see girls doing cute girly things that I still think I'd like a girl, but then other times (like my kids end of year disco) when I look at the girls and think "Thank God I have boys" these 9/10/11 year old girls wearing stuff I wouldn't have worn at 18 for a night out. I think to now have a girl after bonding with a boy and getting everything ready for a boy would lead to disappointment!

I know exactly what you mean!!! DS1 had a baseball game a while back and on the diamond next to him there was a girl's softball game going on. They were all squealing and screaming, and it was SO ANNOYING!!! I turned to DH and said, "Maybe all boys isn't so bad." He got a good laugh. Another time I was sitting with my pre-teen niece, and she was going on and on and on about all this gossipy dribble, and I wanted to pull my hair out. BUT, other times I just see cute little girls and think it would be nice to have that. I am so ready for this little man though.

motherofboys
July 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Oh yes, DHs two nieces are 20 and 14 and I really do have to secretly shake my head at them sometimes. And the trouble his sister has had with her daughter (the 20 year old) My Mum had it so easy compared to that. I was far too tame in my teens LOL

motherofboys
July 26th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Bless DH, when I woke up this morning he said "Seth was awake earlier, I was laying here feeling him. He was moving all down this side" I thought it was really sweet. Apparently he got up as DS2 wet the bed, which he doesn't usually do and I think is the result of a run in with a dog yesterday that terrified him. Thankfully he wasn't too hurt. And once DH got back into bed he laid their for ages with out going back to sleep, feeling my bump.

hupper124
July 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM
can anybody suggest some tips to keep my new baby baby body temperature low, it is very hot here and i don't know what to do. i know keeping baby hydrated is one sure thing to do what else?
any suggestions!!!

ELP
July 27th, 2013, 05:35 AM
can anybody suggest some tips to keep my new baby baby body temperature low, it is very hot here and i don't know what to do. i know keeping baby hydrated is one sure thing to do what else?
any suggestions!!!

How old is your baby Hupper? I would keep LO in just vest and keep them in the shade if possible.
If you post here aswell, you may get more advice:)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/baby-child/

ELP
July 27th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Well I'm feeling as if I may have a good sized baby on board! I just seemed to have gone from not noticable to completely obviously pregnant belly in a week, I'll see if Im brave enough for a bump shot later today lol!!:bigsmile:

And I can agree girls can def be far more trouble than boys lol, I was my fathers nightmare, he has 3 of each:bigsmile:

meeks32
July 29th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Just dropping in to ask if everyone that swayed GIRL and knows what they are having, can please update/post their sway in the stats spreadsheet via the form?

http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25157

pg1 first post has instructions.

Thank You

motherofboys
July 29th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I feel like my bump is small, but that he will be somewhere around the same size as his brothers so not really that small. Possibly I've gained less than before. I do have a lot more walking to do every day thanks to school runs and pre-school runs this time. I know with my 1st two I gained about 3 stone each time. Last time I have no idea but I was much bigger, never mind struggling to get my shoes on, I needed DS1 to put DS2s shoes on! And everyone who was guessing weights were going for 10lb, even those who were not just messing round trying to scare me LOL

nuthinbutpink
August 1st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Can you guys please start a new thread like the September ladies and I will sticky it? This one is quite large! Slows things down. Thank you!

xokatietatie
August 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Can you guys please start a new thread like the September ladies and I will sticky it? This one is quite large! Slows things down. Thank you!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-sept-oct-nov-2013/32627-october-babies-continued.html