PDA

View Full Version : My Friend Has a Theroy.

Elements
January 31st, 2013, 10:49 PM
So I told her how emotional I was. (crying through Hannah Montana lol) and that I hadnt been emotional at all in my previous pregnancies, And she said:

"Your having a boy. those boy hormones are havoc."

Does this ring true with anyone?

Emotional as in boy pregnancies and pretty stable in girl pregnancies?

Butterfly Spirit
January 31st, 2013, 10:55 PM
Pregnancy hormones in general are havoc on emotions. It's a roller coaster, and every single one is different. Just enjoy your pregnancy for now, it is an amazing blessing. :)

Crystal13
January 31st, 2013, 10:58 PM
Interesting. I've never heard of this before but its true for me. I have two boys and was emotional during both pregnancies. I remember watching "Marley and Me" with my husband and I cried so much that my husband had to really settle me down, I remember him saying "This is not good for the baby!", I couldn't stop. I remember crying about a toilet paper commercial, very sad (literally!). So I think it might be true.

Violet_
January 31st, 2013, 11:02 PM
Seems true for me. I was very emotional and would cry at the drop of a hat with my boys. I'm not at all this time around and this baby is a girl. But I have to admit, I have been quite bitchy this pregnancy. Don't feel the need to cry but I will bitch. Lol.

Princess of Pink
February 1st, 2013, 01:15 AM
I have never really gotten emotional during pregnancy. Not sure if it's a gender thing though?

Cinss
February 1st, 2013, 01:35 AM
True for me

Dreamofpink
February 1st, 2013, 02:44 AM
I don't remember being emotional with either ds but I'm not the type to cry at a film anyway, iykwim! ;)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Bimby
February 1st, 2013, 02:50 AM
It was opposite for me - I was calm with my boys but have been a wreck with this one and its a girl. Maybe its just the different hormones.. who knows???

HopingForPigtails
February 1st, 2013, 03:11 AM
Oh- I was so emotional with both my boys. Seriously. Cried all the time. So it was definitely true for me. This one is a girl and I've been irritable and bitchy, but not emotional at all!!

wilma_five
February 1st, 2013, 03:11 AM
Opposite for me to. I cry just when I even see a pic of a newborn ;)

Lolly55
February 1st, 2013, 03:19 AM
Could be something in it! I was def emotional with my boys and would cry at the drop of a hat, this time around I have been horrible to be around - just a mega bitch! I dont know gender yet, nub points to girl.

hotdogz&boyz
February 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
True for me. I was emotional with my sons and not with this one...just bitchy ;)

NearlyDone
February 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Opposite for me i was pretty emotional with all my girls.......had a very short fuse with my boy

OneLastDream
February 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
I wasn't emotional with ds1 an ds2 but was badly with ds3 - even before I found out I was pregnant. Am not overly with this one but I have cried all day today as work being awful x

craftymom
February 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
I've found myself crying at the drop of a hat with this pregnancy and I never really did that with my girls...we'll see :)

dloui128
February 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
It definitely was true for me, with my girls I was never emotional. With my son I was a hot mess!

Inky
February 3rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
I'm the opposite, so far. My boy pregnancies I was fine, my girl pregnancy I was an emotional MESS.

lobella2
February 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Opposite for me. I wasn't emotional with my DS, but I was with both of my DD's.

Thorz300
February 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Not true at all for me, I have never been emotional in my pregnancies. I have 3 boys and never cried over a commercial or movie or anything sappy. However, with this, my 4th pregnancy, I have an extremely short fuse (which I've never had during any pregnancy before)! I don't know what I am having yet though.

prettyinpink18
February 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I was not emotional in any of my pregnancies, so not true for me.

Elements
February 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for you responses everyone. Im wondering now if maybe we are fine with 'one gender' but the other send us up the wall :)

Im holding onto what i can - so ill take the theroy lol

Elements
February 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for you responses everyone. Im wondering now if maybe we are fine with 'one gender' but the other send us up the wall :)

Im holding onto what i can - so ill take the theroy lol

My Three Sons
February 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I was emotional with all three of my boys. I can't speak yet to this pregnancy though.

Falling2Grace
February 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I wasn't emotional with either of my two boys. This time...im a little baby. haha. just today i was crying over Kate Gosslin holding a Kola bear on an episiode of kate+8 GOOD god! haha. I'll let you know in 7 weeks if it's the opposite gender ( little girl) or not!.

jark22
February 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I'm preggo with my 3rd boy. With the first I was extremely emotional- I cried about EVERYTHING! With my second I was just an irritable bitch. And this time I'm pretty even tempered. It's been different with each one.