PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had this happen to them?

XXPlease
February 1st, 2013, 12:54 AM
I took a test earlier today (I have no idea how many days DPO I am though I'm guessing 9-10) and I looked at it after taking it and it looked negative and that was that well I went back into the restroom a few hours later and I swear there is a second pink line not dark but there should I just treat it as a negative?

Cinss
February 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM
No that has never happened to me, if i was you i would take another tomorrow to confirm your bfp.

Princess of Pink
February 1st, 2013, 01:13 AM
Yes I have had that happen to me twice, both times I was pregnant!!

Butterfly Spirit
February 1st, 2013, 01:17 AM
I've never had a line after taking a test... even a day later UNLESS I was prego. So does that make sense.. it's stark white unless I'm prego.

FX!! Take one in the am! :)

Princess of Pink
February 1st, 2013, 01:23 AM
I had it with DD#3...did a blood test at the GP as he was going to give me the pill and insisted on it first. Came home and did a test that was negative and tossed it in my bedside drawer (not sure why lol). 2 days later got a call from the GP office to ask me to come in, so I went into my room and pulled out the test and saw a second line. She is 10 years old now.

With my last DD I did a test at 10dpo as we were leaving to go camping that afternoon and I wanted to know if I should buy some alcohol to take. Test was negative so I went shopping to buy food and drinks. Later that afternoon I ran into my room to use the bathroom before we left and glanced over at the test still sitting on the sink and nearly died when I saw the second line!! Never did take that alcohol camping!!

XXPlease
February 1st, 2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks for your response ladies I'm not sure if I will take another tomorrow morning or give it 2 days... More than likely I will retest tomorrow I will come back and update you guys this has been a very strange cycle for me so who knows!

LacePrincess
February 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
Don't read it after 10 min max. Any test will tell you results are invalid after 10 min due to false positives from evap lines.

My FRER instructions, for example, specifically say to read the test after 3 min and no more than 10 min. Any second line appearing after 10 min is not to be read as a positive. IC's are particularly prone to evap lines, and so are blue dye tests.

So, hang in there, that would definitely be a BFN if the line didn't show up in the first 10 min. Always, always, throw those away and never look again, it'll drive you insane! You're early though, I'd test again in a few days. GL!