PDA

View Full Version : Advice please...

Mommyof3boys
February 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
My sister is driving me absolutely crazy. She is trying to pick out baby stuff and saying that I can't buy a cars seat, etc until after the baby is born and we know what it is. She wants me to wait and just give her my money so she go get something girly if it is a girl. She has even went online and picked stuff out and tagged it to my fb page. I told her that we are going to buy neutral greens and browns and that I will be picking out the stuff myself but that I will let her go with me and that has calmed her down a bit but she keeps bringing it up. Anyway I can deal with that for the most part because I know she doesn't have any money so she can't buy anything without me but she does owe me $80 which she said she might wait and use it to buy me a car seat instead of paying me back. (I'm not sure what her obsession is with the car seat). I told her I would be mad if she did that.

Anyway where I really need the advise is here......
She keeps asking me if we are going to let her be in the delivery room. Before we had ds3 I told her she could be in there when he was born and I thought that she would be however my labor progressed very quickly and DH was barely in there because he had left to go to the bathroom and get a drink at the vending machine. (my labors go from almost no pain to baby born in a matter of minutes so he had no idea it was that close). Needless to say neither her or my mom were in the room when he was born and DH was barely standing in the doorway. This time around I would really like just DH and I to be there. Preferably I would like to have my family wait in the waiting room during labor and delivery ( there is no way to keep them from coming unless we just don't tell them and we will need someone to watch the boys) and allow us time to see the baby before they all barge in. My sister is extremely emotional and does not handle rejection well so I am afraid that if I tell her that DH and I are going to be the only ones present she will freak out and not talk to me for months (literally months). My mom will also be upset but she will handle it fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Wanting-a-girl
February 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Okay I had a similar situation with my mom... I got preg with ds1 when I was 16 and she was part of everything and there for the birth with ds2 I told her up that I just wanted it to be DH and me cause it was our first baby together and she grumbled a bit but she def respected it but some how she was present any how.. My labour was only 30 mins and she's the one that had to dribpve me to the hospital...I did have her there for ds 3 cause DH almost passed out with ds2 and I couldnt trust him to be there for me... This mptime my mom will not be there

Wanting-a-girl
February 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Just say its a very special time and you want it to be just the two of you

nuthinbutpink
February 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Have the nurses handle them. Only one delivery coach allowed in the room.

Cinss
February 1st, 2013, 07:41 PM
By best friend invited me into 2 of her labors and then when it was my turn i promised her she could come, but when it happened i just didnt call her, i wasnt in the mood for an audience and i already had DP and my mum in the room, she was shocked and upset about it after i told her i had my baby but she got over it. I agree with NBP if you write down in your birht plan that you only want DH in the room, they wont alow anyone else in and it wont be you they blame.

NearlyDone
February 2nd, 2013, 04:20 AM
Have a homebirth and dont ring anyone lol

my4leafclover
February 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
You can always wait and then ask the nurse to tell her she can't come in there or when to leave. The nurses are the best allies if you get a good one!