PDA

View Full Version : ultrasound this afternoon.

aimee83
February 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Hi ladies. I'm 19.3 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and definitely.our last.... We decided to do a 4d ultrasound so our girls and family can be there (i just know I'm going to hear girl again) and am so anxious how everyone will act. I mean I know my family will all be supportive and after this awful pregnancy, who cares as long as were both healthy. But i know what friends, and family are going to be thinking,and I don't want pity.

my4leafclover
February 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
fx for a healthy baby.

4Giffins
February 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Best of luck! I will be in your situation too and am already dreading it!! FX for blue!

hotdogz&boyz
February 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
I hope everything goes well and you hear blue :) I know it will be hard if it's a girl, but walk proud that not everyone is blessed with the fortune of three little ladies in a row. I know folks who would dream of that family. But since I understand how people can be, I hope it's a little dude for you!

aimee83
February 3rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Well it's official.... We are now 3 for 3 of girls. I expected it, however I'm still a little sad, because i had such horrible hyperemesis with this pregnancy and my picc line is costing us $500 a month outta pocket with my hubbys good insurance. He obviously doesn't want to try one last time. My close friend and family are all supportive, but I'm so sick of hearing, ANOTHER, you better invest in tampax, and the one i most despise, well no surprise, we didn't actually think anyone thought you'd come back saying it was a boy. And they don't know about my gd. And of chose all those people have each, so don't understand how bonds are different with 1 sex or the other.

4devochki
February 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Aimee, that was a lot of pressure to put yourself under, with a public ultrasound viewing.

People can indeed be stupid, clueless, crude and rude. Tampax? Really? Ugh.

Like you, I am dreaming and yearning for a little boy. We had friends over today--one with 3 boys, and one couple with one of each. As much as seeing the boys made me sad, it was nice to see our girls helping with the guests, entertaining the little ones, and in general behaving like hostesses to be. I hope you have better days to come, I know you will....

aimee83
February 3rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Luckily, the only people that were at the ultrasound, was my mom, brother and sister in law, that were all very supportive, those comments were made from others.

aimee83
February 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
In the ultrasound prediction i Did post my girl shot, if anyone has time will you go take a look at it, i don't want to have false hope by any means, but with my other girls there was never anything sticking up at 19 weeks

jark22
February 3rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sorry you didn't hear boy :(. I'm preggo with boy #3 and I know what you mean about the comments. It gets super annoying super fast. Enjoy your mommy/daughter relationships! That is something I will never get to experience.

hotdogz&boyz
February 3rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
I am sorry that people are saying such rude comments. It is so sad to me that they can't celebrate what a unique family you have. And I am really sorry to hear about the hypermiesis...that sounds awful :(

I did go look at the shot...and I don't know that I am working out what I am seeing clearly. The way I was looking at it was that there was one leg shown in the picture and the girly parts were sort of under the "or $100" part. Like close to the bottom of the sonogram area. And that looked girly to me. But I don't even know if I am working out like it was taken. It would help if the other leg was pictured clearly. I think a lot of folks will have a hard time orienting the picture without it.

aimee83
February 4th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks for checking, and yes that's what the pic is of. He wouldn't do a potty shot :-(

afy
February 4th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Aimee 83.. Congrataz on your baby! I wanted to ask if you had swayed at all?
I'm one of 3girls and I Love it! A sister Bond is so special! Even when were oceans apart.

aimee83
February 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I didn't sway at all, i had just taken my iud out to start tackling my cycles and ended up pregnant a week after it was removed. I do love that my older 2 are both same gender, they are only 18 months apart and extremely close play so well.together, I just wanted to experience the soon bond also, but that's not what god wanted for our family

The Anchor
February 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Sorry you didn't hear boy...but sisters are WONDERFUL (I have 3!)

ruby
February 4th, 2013, 10:39 PM
3 girls are really special. One of my closest friends has always dreamed of having 3 little girls and would look at your family with admiration and also a little envy.

Congratulations on hearing a healthy baby girl. People really need to filter stupid comments. That tampax one is way out of line and really offensive !

Adia
February 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I get you completely. For some reason #3 is so hard when you want a boy so badly.

I can promise you that this baby girl will own your heart like no other. Hard to believe now, but trust me things will get better once she's born.

Once I found out I was indeed having my 3rd girl I went into a terrible slump. Things got much better when she was born and now I can't even fathom not having that little miracle in my life every day.

As I caution so many moms who are having their 3rd of the same kind, be very discerning who you tell you are having your 3rd girl. I got so many horrible comments that made things so much worse for me.
If I did it all again, I would tell NO ONE except my Gender Dreaming (IG) friends, my mom and my DH. It made the heartache so much worse.

Big hugs and congrats on another beautiful baby. Girls are so much fun to dress, aren't they??? I have a ball dressing my girls up!!!

aroundtheworld
February 6th, 2013, 12:23 AM
I'm sorry that things didn't go the way you'd hoped. I had three boys in a row after having my daughter and all I wanted for her was a sister. But I am living proof that dreams do come true, so please don't give up hope.

aimee83
February 7th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments, we did get a potty shot yesterday, and definitely a girl. Yes, I really wish I wouldn't have told people. But things are going a little better with comments because of the hyperemesis, my hubby has been very clear letting people know what a miracle and blessing she is, because with how sick i have been things could be super bad. I feel so much worse that I case so much about the gender and he doesn't considering he well never have the father son bond. Last night I said, I feel like such a failure not being able to give us a boy, and his response "why I Don't care, and the gender is up to me so its my fault. I don't care, why should you. She's a blessing" then i think I'm really horrible, because he doesn't care why do I

Dana-Alicia
February 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Sorry you didn't hear boy, but congrats on a healthy girl! your husband sounds so kind and sweet, like mine. He also claims to have no gender desire. But i do and that doesn't make me a bad or horrible person. We all love our children regardless, it's just such a strong desire I can't shake. I hope you find peace with your family make up mama, hugs!