PDA

View Full Version : Ph Paper Vesus Digital

SpicyTunaSushi
April 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I don't plan on buying a digital- mostly because I have such a short window to get pg and we are doing the diet and everything else, but if I can't get my pH up, then so be it!

But, when I do use pH strips- three different kinds, on the alkaline ones- I don't get much change- they look 'wet'. On the Universal- I get a 6 or so, though I have seen 7 before.

So, my question is:

1. For those using a digital, do you see alkaline or acidic readings even though your paper looks unchanged.

2. Is a pH of 6 going to hurt my chances if I am doing the diet 100%, as well as timing, eggwhite, etc? :think:

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I don't think anyone really KNOWS whether it hurts your sway to have a pH out of the zone. I conceived a baby boy with a pH of 4.5 and I know a lot of people who got opposites with the "right" pH.

The official story is that you shouldn't try if your pH is 6 but iuf you're doing diet, Robitussin, Pre-Seed/eggwhite and upping your husband's sperm count, I would definitely try with a pH of 6 (and hope that it will rise nicely at ovulation.) Esp. if I had a small pregnancy window - if you don't get pregnant, you have no chance at your desired gender.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 12th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Yea, I agree. I only have 1 dd, so 2 would be fine, but would love a boy this time, but we have about 6 months to conceive, and then have to wait because of insurance issues... C'est la vie! Hopefully it will climb up a bit!