PDA

View Full Version : Baby Fever!

ThinkPink
April 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Its driving me crazy all I can think about is having more babies! I use to laugh when people said they had it but it really exists! My DS is only 8 months! Has anyone else experienced this when their baby is still so young?

purplepoet20
April 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I was talking about #3 the day after we came home with DS2... I am waiting until July to TTC and I am going nuts with research, planning, preparing, declottering, cleaning, and whatever else to get ready for another baby... Hubby says I am nesting!!!

mmsgirlie22
April 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I've got it bad. Baby fever got worse this weekend when I went to a friends house and got to hold and play with her little baby boy. I'm seriously counting the days to get my IUD removed to make it more official. eeeep!!!

DoulaMama
April 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
ME!!!! Baby fever here BAD! I was going to wait until July but I'm so close to saying "screw it!"(no pun intended!LOL) and just starting my diet now and then BDing frequently starting in 6w..... hoping I'll get my cycle back soon.... Sigh.

4BlueLooking4Pink
April 11th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I've got it too! I always get it when my littlest gets closer to the 2 year mark...

WantingPink
April 12th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I have it too and it seems to happen for me at the two year mark also. My youngest turned two about three weeks ago and it is all I can think about!! Waiting until Aug/Sept is going to be hard!!

TTC5
April 12th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Oh yes I hear you and I already have 4!!!

ELP
April 12th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Yep, count me in. I watched 'one born every minute' last night and I was desperate to be there:) It starts pretty much straight after a birth for aswell.

hpjagged
April 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I too want another baby!!! And SOON. My daughter is 9 months old and I reallllllllly would like them close in age. We will see, took us 8 months to conceive her. Who knows how long this time.

ThinkPink
April 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Good so its not just me!

I too want another baby!!! And SOON. My daughter is 9 months old and I reallllllllly would like them close in age. We will see, took us 8 months to conceive her. Who knows how long this time.

Are you ttc yet? im so glad other people feel like this!

hpjagged
April 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Good so its not just me!Are you ttc yet? im so glad other people feel like this!

No, were not really trying just yet. Last couple months it's been NTNP, but think we are probably going to start next month. I just didn't want a christmas baby!! lol And were moving country in October so it's kinda been on hold. :)

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have it BIG TIME. You would think after raising kids for all these years (I helped raise my siblings when I was a teenager and then had DS 1 when I was 21) I would be ready to be done, but I don't really know what to do with myself without kids around!!

kaseybaby
April 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Atomic, you are like my mother. She had 5 of us, foster kids and is now helping raise two of my nieces.

I have the baby bug depending on the day. When DS sleeps great then I think I am totally ready. When he doesn't I think I am fine waiting. In all honesty if it weren't for my trip in June I would probably be TTC next month instead of July.

ThinkPink
April 12th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Atomic I think I am going to be exactly the same, I was one of nine and I helped to raise the younger ones and I think I am just used to a busy house! I hope I do feel done one day though because it really is a strong desire!

Kaseybaby I am also hoping to ttc in July/August, will you be swaying?

kaseybaby
April 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
ThinkPink, yup I am swaying Pink. I am not doing any douching or extreme methods. I just have a fear of making my body too unhealthy.

Ashgirl
April 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Yes! I have it too. My DD is 1 and a HT baby. She is our 4th so sadly, we're done.

mmsgirlie22
April 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Watching "A Baby Story" and "Bring Home Baby" def. don't help with the baby fever. I don't know why, but I can't stop watching them. AhhhHH!!!

ladybug
April 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I have it bad too!!! My DS2 is about to turn 2....I have been preparing and reading everything I can get my hands on...:)....I am having my IUD removed the 1st week of May and will start trying in June...I CANT wait!!!! Praying for pink this time

mmsgirlie22
April 14th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I have it bad too!!! My DS2 is about to turn 2....I have been preparing and reading everything I can get my hands on...:)....I am having my IUD removed the 1st week of May and will start trying in June...I CANT wait!!!! Praying for pink this time

Looks like we'll be TTC around the same time...kinda. I'm getting my IUD removed on the 29th. Hopefully start trying soon after. Although, I'm praying for a boy.

*ruby*
April 15th, 2011, 03:16 AM
I have had it on and off since my DS2 was born 3 years ago but decided to have a change of careers instead so put it off for a while.

ThinkPink
April 15th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Watching "A Baby Story" and "Bring Home Baby" def. don't help with the baby fever. I don't know why, but I can't stop watching them. AhhhHH!!!

I know its terrible, im hooked! One born every minute doesnt help either! I shouldnt watch them but I just cant help it!! My dp (will be dh in 5 weeks, yay!) has come home from work to me watching baby time with tears in my eyes way too many times!

Hollie86
April 15th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I had baby fever really bad as soon as my 2nd ds was born, we started trying basically straight away and i got pregnant with ds3 when ds2 was just 3 month old! So they ended up very close in age. Now im currently pregnant with our 4th and although its supposed to be the last i keep finding myself deciding what sort of ages gap id like between this one and another........can it be classed as baby fever if im still pregnant lol!

ThinkPink
April 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I had baby fever really bad as soon as my 2nd ds was born, we started trying basically straight away and i got pregnant with ds3 when ds2 was just 3 month old! So they ended up very close in age. Now im currently pregnant with our 4th and although its supposed to be the last i keep finding myself deciding what sort of ages gap id like between this one and another........can it be classed as baby fever if im still pregnant lol!

It certainly can I had it while I was still prgnant too! I loved being pregnant! Can I ask how you found the small age gap between your DS's?

Flava
April 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Not right now. My LO is learning to walk and almost got it! BUT all I do all-day-long , is walking up and down with her holding her hand or shirt....:suprise: also she still waking up at night...
so I guess after she learned to walk alone :bigsmile:

Hollie86
April 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM
It certainly can I had it while I was still prgnant too! I loved being pregnant! Can I ask how you found the small age gap between your DS's?

sorry, i havent been on for a while so this is the first chance ive had to reply. The small age gap was actually hardest when i was pregnant with DS3 and had a very small baby to look after who was still getting up during the night at the time. Obviously pregnancy can be tiring enough without adding broken sleep and two children under three to run around after during the day lol! other than the pregnancy being hard, the small age gap has been quite good really, especially as they get older, because there is only 12month between them, they like all the same things and play with all the same toys so its very easy for them to share a room and they have a constant playmate. Which is great as they both like to have other children around to play with but my oldest enjoys to have time to play on his own which he gets when the other two are playing together. Theres 2 and a half years between ds1 and ds2 and that was a great age gap too, so thats what i went for this time around and thats the age gap that will be between ds3 and the new baby. x

My Fabulous Children
April 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
Count me in! I am sad about my little boy. He's growing fast, Time flies so fast.

purplepoet20
April 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I come from a big family and once thought about having a big family but lately I only want 3-4... Just to make it easier to be as involved in their after school activities. I would like #3 to be a girl and twins would be nicer because I could 2 of each gender. After #3 is born I wonder if I will want to have another to even it out!

DoulaMama
April 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
AHHH! The fever is BAD!!!! I've been having oops's with the condoms lately mainly because I just don't really care if we happen to get pregnant without swaying...LOL! If I don't get pregnant from the oops I had last night ;) I think we'll wait until after May is done before swaying or just potentially stop using condoms. I change my mind daily.....LOL

Daisy Mae
April 30th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I think there must be something wrong with me b/c I have 5 week old twins and I think I might have baby fever. We are supposed to be done. We NEED to be done. But all I can do is think about having more kids. What is wrong with me?!?! Maybe it is b/c I am trying to deal with being done. People would think we were N-U-T-T-Y if we had any other kids. AGGGH!!! Someone take the baby fever away.

Halah
April 30th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'm still pregnant and already thinking about the next one. I really love being pregnant and can't imagine never doing it again. But I won't get pregnant without high tech, so I'll have to wait at least 2 years. Which is okay since I don't really like having babies too close in age. I'd rather spread them out and enjoy each one for a few years.

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
I'm still pregnant and already thinking about the next one. I really love being pregnant and can't imagine never doing it again. But I won't get pregnant without high tech, so I'll have to wait at least 2 years. Which is okay since I don't really like having babies too close in age. I'd rather spread them out and enjoy each one for a few years.

i felt like that each tim ei was preg and as soon asi gave birth to each girl i was ready for the next. i have to wait 6 mos...and it is HARD...i hope for my dh's sake this fever goes away!!!! what is wrong with me??? ;-)