PDA

View Full Version : Baby Carrier anyone ? Especially for smaller / shorter ladies ?

Mum23boys
February 5th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Im not too keen on the slings for some reason - i prefer the ones that you really strap over your shoulders and carry baby in like a more uptight position against your stomach / chest or back. I know they are not great fro feeding but id just take baby out to feed and use a shawl to cover myself so im not fussed about it for that reason really but do want a carrier for times when we just dont need the buggy. The only one i have is the old baby bjorn one but wanted something this time maybe with a little more support for the head .....

Wondered what carriers everyone else is getting / has already got or has used before and why ?

Thannks

Wanting-a-girl
February 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
The ergo is the best you can get I think... Ones like snugglie and baby bonjourn are bad for baby hips

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
for nb I love moby wraps. they are soft stretchy, not woven so easy to wrap but can't be worn on back or past 18lbs. everytime i put him in it he would just fall asleep:)
for bigger kids i love my bb2 (beco buterfly) didn't like ergo on me but many people love love it:)
i don't like slings either i just can't work them well and always had to readjust which was a hassle. i like to put on and go:)
if it's a girl I will be getting the prettiest wraps ever because right now i just have brown ones although they do have very cute boyish ones too:)

Mum23boys
February 5th, 2013, 10:38 AM
The mOby wrap looks cute are they easy and quick to put on or would i need help doing it ?

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
very easy. i do a tie that i put on before I leave the house or can put on when i get out of the car and then just pop babe in. i have seen carries that you have to do while holding the baby and i don't like those. then i can pop babe in and out or nurse whatever w/o taking off wrap.

they have videos I forget what the name of my hold is though

Bigwish
February 5th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I have a Manduca. There's a special babyflap in int you can use when they are litte. Also the Ergocarrier seems quite good, but the babyinsert seems very warm, don't know in what climate you're linving in?

Here's a site with all good carriers. Www.slingomama dot nl
Just for inspiration!

cvd
February 5th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Ou good thread mum! I was thinking about getting a sling, I didn't use a carrier at all for DS1 but now I may rethink the sling lol. I may check out the Moby!

Princess of Pink
February 5th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I have both the Manduca and the Boba 3G....much better than the Ergo (had one in the past) and both can be used from newborn to big kid without buying anything extra to insert. Both are extremely adjustable between yourself and DH if he is taller/bigger.

aroundtheworld
February 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM
The Ergo and Babyhawk are my favorites. I own a Moby and a Storchenwiege woven wrap as well, but I'll be honest, I don't use them.

Rosie85
February 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I am getting a Boba 3G...heard they are way better than the Ergo!

I had a moby wrap last time and I personally didn't care for it, just never fit right and was a hassle for me but I know tons of moms who LOVE them.

aroundtheworld
February 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Everyone's opinion are so different that it'd be best for you to try these out for yourself. If you can find a babywearing group in your area you can attend one and the people there should be happy to do a "fitting" for you. Or maybe you know some moms with different carriers that you can ask to try on for yourself? There's really no way to know if you'll like or love one for sure until you've given it a shot. And, honestly, most of the above mentioned carriers are going to be a commitment due to their price tags.

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 07:10 PM
def. go with a place you can return

Mum23boys
February 28th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Any more ? I tried the Ergo at the london baby show and loved it BUT baby cant be on your front facing out when it gets older and all 3 of mine loved doing that in their baby bjorn ....

GeCon
February 28th, 2013, 06:56 AM
We have a Close Baby Carrier, which I think has been re-launched as Caboo. It is absolutely lovely and LO would fall asleep in it most times and really enjoyed the closeness. It is like a Moby Wrap, but without the faff of doing it up yourself. It is already sewn together and you just adjust it to your needs.

https://www.heybabyshop.co.uk/ProductImages/fullsize/close_caboo_main_image.jpg

We also have a Rose & Rebellion, which we started using a bit later. The R&R can also be used on your back, which is brilliant when they start getting heavier. These pics are from their website btw.

http://www.bambinogoodies.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/blue-200x300.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ufQccxaqcoo/UFd5ye5uioI/AAAAAAAAAEc/lg0z4aZ2Ilg/s1600/rose+reb.png

Rosie85
February 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I just wanted to say you won't find a good carrier that allows the face out carry....it is bad for the baby and mother. All kinds of problems with the spine can arise.

jennaesue
February 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I have a Sleepy Wrap that I used with ds3 - it's like a Moby, but the fabric is stretchier. I really like it - you do have to tie it, but I used a YouTube video and I had to down within a matter of minutes. What I don't like about it is that if you want to use it for grocery shopping or whatever, you have to tie it at home and wear it in the car. Also, I was never able to remove him once he fell asleep and keep him asleep. It will also be pretty hot in the summer with all that fabric. I am planning on trying a Maya Wrap and maybe a Babyhawk this time.