PDA

View Full Version : Last baby and spending a small fortune despite saying I wouldnt !! Ooopps

Mum23boys
February 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
I have already treated myself to a new co sleeping crib - its a troll one from John lewis - I thought it would make night time feeds alot easier for me as I hope to breastfeed :-)

Buy Troll Bedside Crib, White online at JohnLewis.com - John Lewis (http://www.johnlewis.com/231330995/Product.aspx)

Ive also bought new crib bedding despite saying oh the blacnkets we have will be fine - i saw them new on ebay nd couldnt resist !! They were £40 for 2 sets the same in a nutral beige colour that matches our bedroom.

Then I bought a doppler but one that has a heartbeat screen etc so can see beats per minute and as loud speakers so the boys an hear it :-)

Oh then my tens machine, the baby gym, a new swing ..... oh and now Il looking at changing my double buggy !!!

Im meant to be saving for maternity leave as I need to be off 6 weeks unpaid as am self employed but at the moment I just cant help but spoil myself - Its my birthday friday and my birthday wish list is ALL baby items :-) Ive got a new steriliser and bottle pack from my mum, a breastfeeding shawl coming from my sister !!!

Anyone else trying not to spend alot as its a last baby but finding it impossible ?

my4leafclover
February 5th, 2013, 07:22 AM
I haven't started yet, but I plan on splurging. I know every couple of years the baby gadgets really change. I am determined to get every ounce of fun, joy and happiness I can from this pregnancy, since it is my last and 4th son.

Thorz300
February 5th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Ugh, I wish I could buy new things....The only way I get to buy new things is if I am having a girl, because everything we own is boy themed. I am so tired of all the boy clothes that I have had with all 3 boys, but we don't have money to buy more right now unless it is a girl. So if I have a 4th boy, he will wear the same old tired clothes my other 3 wore.....ugh, here is to hoping I get a girl!!!

NearlyDone
February 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I never end up keeping things so have needed new everytime..seemsa bit of a waste as its last baby but can always sell things on when im done

Wanting-a-girl
February 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I'm only buyi a couple new things ... Im getting a really good sling from Sakura bloom and I am getting the blooming bath... And new bottles obviously.... I can't breast feed I had a reduction before ds3 and had no luck feeding him although I will be pumping what I have for the baby....

Wanting-a-girl
February 5th, 2013, 08:23 AM
If I have a girl we will be going bankrupt on clothing obviously :)

jennaesue
February 5th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I haven't bought anything yet. We got pretty much everything new for the last baby, and they are all gender-neutral (stroller, car seat, high chair, bedding, exersaucer, etc). I do want a bassinet this time, but my mom has one lined up to borrow from a co-worker. I am also trying to decide whether to get a swing or not. I borrowed one from a friend last time, and they take up so much room! So the jury is still out on that one. I do need a new Boppy pillow - I borrowed that last time, also. If it's a girl, I'll be buying lots of clothes, I'm sure. If it's a boy, I'll need some smaller-size summer things because my other boys were all winter babies.

cvd
February 5th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I have spent quite a bit on this baby.

With DS1 we were in the process of purchasing and then renovating a house while pregnant, so we took most things used from my SIL. A year after DS1 was born, my SIL had another baby so we returned all the baby stuff and this time I decided rather then borrowing all that stuff again, I wanted our own.
I am a SUPER ORGANIZED BARGAIN hunter though lol. Only pick things up as I see them on amazing sale. I also find I am spending a lot of money on DS1 as he is still using things DS2 will need (like the crib, DS1 needed his own new bed, new dresser, room decor etc).
So far I have bought: bassinet, swing, bouncy chair, Britax B Ready double stroller + Chaperone car seat, nursing pillow, pump, new crib bedding, nursing cover. Hm I can't think what else! All was cheap, except the stroller - that cost a few hundered hehe and DS1s bed and dresser of course. But I have been stock piling since before I was even pregnant. I literally have only diapers to buy for DS2, I'd be set if he came tonight lol.
I can't help but buy some clothes of course - I've actually bought way more then needed. But I am INCREDIBLY picky on boys clothes, and anything of Ryder's that was in less then perfect condition either got donated or tossed so I do need to make up for that (plus I'd like him to have his own clothes too lol)

Wanting-a-girl
February 5th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I have spent quite a bit on this baby.

With DS1 we were in the process of purchasing and then renovating a house while pregnant, so we took most things used from my SIL. A year after DS1 was born, my SIL had another baby so we returned all the baby stuff and this time I decided rather then borrowing all that stuff again, I wanted our own.
I am a SUPER ORGANIZED BARGAIN hunter though lol. Only pick things up as I see them on amazing sale. I also find I am spending a lot of money on DS1 as he is still using things DS2 will need (like the crib, DS1 needed his own new bed, new dresser, room decor etc).
So far I have bought: bassinet, swing, bouncy chair, Britax B Ready double stroller + Chaperone car seat, nursing pillow, pump, new crib bedding, nursing cover. Hm I can't think what else! All was cheap, except the stroller - that cost a few hundered hehe and DS1s bed and dresser of course. But I have been stock piling since before I was even pregnant. I literally have only diapers to buy for DS2, I'd be set if he came tonight lol.
I can't help but buy some clothes of course - I've actually bought way more then needed. But I am INCREDIBLY picky on boys clothes, and anything of Ryder's that was in less then perfect condition either got donated or tossed so I do need to make up for that (plus I'd like him to have his own clothes too lol)

The chaporone carseat is the bomb I have the cow print one... It is the heaviest carseat tho that's its only downfall... I also got the britax advocate for ds3 and Love it! And I'm planing to get the b ready but I already have the chaporone which is a terrible stroller

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 09:05 AM
glad you are having fun shopping:)
I had to google that tens machine as I have never heard of it. sounds kinda like what they zap me with at the chiro when I had my back pain. very interesting-
does your mw listen to hb with doppler? we do now but will switch to fetoscope at 20 weeks since that's as soon as you can hear it so only 2 visits w/ doppler:)
my mw's do henna belly art and belly cast and I have always wanted to do that so might splurge on that. also splurge on going to chiro to get babe positioned well and my back in place but haven't went yet. as for babe i have all boy things(diapers,clothes) still have a carseat, so if babe is born and is a girl then i will have fun buying girlee clothes and wrap for her otherwise we are set. I just did the boys closet and told dh don't let me buy them anything becasue they have way to much lol.

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm only buyi a couple new things ... Im getting a really good sling from Sakura bloom and I am getting the blooming bath... And new bottles obviously.... I can't breast feed I had a reduction before ds3 and had no luck feeding him although I will be pumping what I have for the baby....

do you have a lal leche league or something like it in cananda? we had a woman in our group who had a reduction and with help from nursing meds maybe fenugreek and a trying trying she was able to successfully nurse

Wanting-a-girl
February 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM
do you have a lal leche league or something like it in cananda? we had a woman in our group who had a reduction and with help from nursing meds maybe fenugreek and a trying trying she was able to successfully nurse
I did take fenugreek as much as I hated it lol it made me feel sticky cause I smelled like maple syrup... The lactation consultants were not very helpful and the nurses at the hospital kept basically telling me I was stupid for even trying to breastfeed... He got breast milk for a month every other bottle... This time I am getting the hospital grade pump

Mum23boys
February 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
OOOOOO Breastpump - something else I might need a new one of :-) will have to get myine down and see how old and tired it looks :-) I had the electric avent isis uno one

Avent Electronic Breast Pump at Winstanleys Pramworld (http://www.pramworld.co.uk/avent-electronic-breast-pump?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=feed&gclid=CIK_7O-wn7UCFQ7LtAodcDEAew)

But whether it still works after 3 years in the loft is anyones guess !!!

Atsaukina1
February 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM
wanting a girl- pumping and nursing and taking the fenugreek, there is another one that is popular too but don't know the name. sorry you're lactation people weren't supportive. maybe try searching for a group i am sure there are other people in you're situation. good luck

i had a brand new pump gave to sil lol I don't work and my kids don't take a bottle thought it would be nice to have a stash for an emergency but i just hand pumped and got a couple oz. that way lol

aroundtheworld
February 5th, 2013, 06:00 PM
It's definitely been impossible for us not to spend a fortune! But we'll be having baby showers in the coming months and I know that'll help a great deal. I'm having fun either way. :)

Rosie85
February 5th, 2013, 06:12 PM
It's not my last for sure, we are still hoping for one more but it depends so it could be my last but I hope not..

Anyhooo even though it is another boy I am buying some new clothes as I am so sick of the other ones. We bought a new infant car seat as the other was close to expiration anyway. We also want to buy a new baby carrier. Small things bought that we buy for every babe would be a special baby blanket, stuffed animal, crib sheets, more burp cloths so we can throw the gross ones out--I am planning on making most though if I have time. I also received a few gifts over christmas for the baby.