PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test Question - UPDATE

GeCon
February 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hi,

I had my blood taken today for a hormone analysis as I asked my doctor for Clomid.

She said it was a good day to take it today (I am CD8).

I am getting a bit concerned now as I have taken Vitex since CD1. Would the Vitex alter my blood results, i.e. make them look better in any way? I genuine have long and irregular cycles and I am worried now that the Vitex might make my hormones look better than they actually are.

Btw, I am also taking Cranberry. I don't know if that makes much difference.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2013, 10:20 AM
cranberry doesn't matter.

I honestly don't know how the V would affect your blood tests. If you usually have long cycles and your blood results show it's ok to start the Clomid now, drop the V and start the Clomid as per your doctor's advice.

GeCon
February 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Atomic.

I am more worried that the Vitex might not indicate any issues with my cycle even though I have issues if that makes sense.

nuthinbutpink
February 5th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I read that taking vitex can increase progesterone levels in the body. I guess it depends what they are testing for but on day 8, it isn't progesterone level!

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
update??

GeCon
February 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
My doctor is closed all week due to holidays, so I won't be finding out until next Wednesday.

atomic sagebrush
February 16th, 2013, 02:21 PM
OK! KUP!!

GeCon
February 20th, 2013, 07:50 AM
As promised my update:

The doctor told me that the results of my blood test correspond to the findings of the scan, my testosterone level is raised. She therefore diagnosed me with mild PC ovaries (not the syndrome).

She then offered me either the Clomid or Metformin. I decided on the Clomid as after all that is what I wanted plus Metformin cannot be taken when BF'ing.

So after wanting to take the Clomid mainly for swaying it turns out that I actually have mild PC ovaries and need the Clomid to help me ovulate.

I am still waiting to ovulate this cycle, so should have enough time to amend my plan to take the Clomid into consideration.

Can I just check, does anyone know? I kept talking to the doctor about Clomifeen and I now have a prescription for Clomhexal. I guess they probably have the same main ingredient, but does anyone know if it is the same thing just with a different name?

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2013, 10:02 PM
Yay (for the Clomid, not the mild PCO!)

Clomifeen is the generic name of Clomiphene Citrate, the scientific name of Clomid in Germany/US respectively. Clomhexenol is your brand name like Clomid is our brand name.