PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED; Gender scan results

5boysandcounting
February 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I had my gender scan today and tech seemed pretty sure it's a girl! I am still in shock,lol. I have posted pics on ultrasound forum please have a look and confirm if you think tech is right? I'm so worried after 5 boys ;)

Hi,

Can I please join you all?

I am 15 weeks pregnant my due date is 27th July. I have five boys already and would love to hear pink this time. I am trying very hard not to get my hopes up as I know how hard it will make it when I hear blue again :( I have a gender scan booked this weekend and I am so scared of what I will hear. I'm tempted to cancel it but I feel i really need to know before the birth. Of course I know the most important thing is babs is healthy. I know this but still I just can't help myself ... :(

I still haven't told anyone I am expecting and I am so dreading the stupid tactless comments!! ( are you wanting a girl this time etc) They drive me insane. I have been so grouchy this pregnancy so all I can say is they better be careful what they say or I am very likely to bite their heads off! Lol

X

Violet_
February 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Welcome 5boys, I'm also 15 weeks along and due about the same time. I totally understand about the tactless comments. So annoying. Best of luck with your pregnancy and you are very welcome to share your journey with us.

aroundtheworld
February 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Welcome! We're glad to have you!

5boysandcounting
February 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Thank you violet :) it's nice to come on here and talk to people who understand and are in a similar situation. I would never admit to anyone else except my dh, mum and this forum that I want a girl. Everyone just assumes you do anyway when you have boys which annoys me. It makes me so upset when people say hurtful things about how i must want a girl and how i must be disapointed having all boys in front of my sons. I would hate for them to think they are not wanted its just not true but people can be so thoughtless sometimes with their comments.

5boysandcounting
February 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Thank you around the world. Wow twin girls you lucky lady :)) x

Jadis
February 5th, 2013, 08:39 PM
5boys, I know exactly how you feel. I think whether you've got 2 boys or 5, people's thoughtless comments sting! I love my boys and wanting a girl too doesn't make them any less valued or loved. You'll find plenty of gals here who'll understand where you're coming from and offer support, welcome aboard! Nice to have you.

Mommyof3boys
February 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome 5boys. I can understand you waiting to tell people. We waited until the 15th week to tell anyone for the same reason. Amazingly everyone except my family has been great. My mom however did say some nasty stuff, but I think she has gotten over it. Good luck breaking the news I hope you have friends that are supportive like mine were.

Good luck at your scan, I hope you hear pink!

Wanting-a-girl
February 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Welcome! Hope you hear pink this weekend! I am looking forward to the update

Just <3 One <3 Girl
February 5th, 2013, 11:15 PM
WELCOME!!! I have four boys so i understand how your feeling, ,,I really hope you hear pink this weekend :fingers:

my4leafclover
February 6th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hi 5boys, I am about 4 weeks behind you. I am having my 4th boy pretty sure he is a he (after 5 IVF attempts to get a DD) I am really not looking forward to the comments too, so we are waiting to announce until we have the materniti21 results and know 100% gender. I think it will cut down on the "i'm sorries" I would get later on. welcome

Justjessica
February 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Welcome! Good luck with the scan, I'll keep my fingers crossed you hear pink!

Mum23boys
February 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hello , welcome and good luck !!!
I have 3 boys and swayed for a girl fro DH sake but have a feelig this is our 4th boy - It is definately our last baby so makes it pretty sad but I am not brave enough to find out the sex as I know ill be depressed / dissapointed if they say boy where as at birth I know i wont care Ill just be so happy no matter what so am staying team green .... maybe !!! ha ha

minimatron
February 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Welcome and all the best with your scan on the weekend. I have 3 girls and am 12 weeks pg with#4. I javent told anyone yet. I know the responses I'll get. I got them the last 2 pgs becausedhs side is heavily populated with girls, so the expectation of getting the prize boy is so high. My girls are awesome. I hate the pitty I get, even from strangers.
We are all here for you.

5boysandcounting
February 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thank you! All you ladies are so kind and supportive :) I am looking forward to sharing my pregnancy journey with people who truly understand. I am getting steadily more nervous about my gender scan the closer it gets. I keep going round in circles, one moment feeling hopeful it could be a girl, next thinking how can it possibly be after 5 boys? I just want to be the one has a turn for once iykwim?

I'm trying to prepare myself for hearing blue but I know it will hurt like hell if i do so I just want it over with now. Aren't people supposed to enjoy these scans, lol I feel almost as nervous as i would be going to the dentist!

jennaesue
February 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you! All you ladies are so kind and supportive :) I am looking forward to sharing my pregnancy journey with people who truly understand. I am getting steadily more nervous about my gender scan the closer it gets. I keep going round in circles, one moment feeling hopeful it could be a girl, next thinking how can it possibly be after 5 boys? I just want to be the one has a turn for once iykwim?

I'm trying to prepare myself for hearing blue but I know it will hurt like hell if i do so I just want it over with now. Aren't people supposed to enjoy these scans, lol I feel almost as nervous as i would be going to the dentist!

My scan is in 2 weeks, and I have a feeling I will be finding out I'm having boy #4. Your last comment made me laugh - I am way more nervous about my scan than about going to the dentist - even to have a cavity filled! LOL

Good luck to you. :)

smbarnett11
February 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I am 15wks too and due 7/26 and also have a scan this weekend and also have really thought about canceling it!! Hehe. I'm still not sure. I'd have to call today to cancel because it is tomorrow. I'd only have to wait 2.5 weeks to get my real 19/20 week scan at the birth center. My dh desperately wants a girl this time and I am hoping for one as well. He is the last of 6 boys and he is convinced that we are going to get all boys too. But I will say I'm glad he is here as #6 of 6 boys :). So if you do hear boy, just remember he might be (and will be) really special!
Hi,

I am 15 weeks pregnant my due date is 27th July. I have five boys already and would love to hear pink this time. I am trying very hard not to get my hopes up as I know how hard it will make it when I hear blue again :( I have a gender scan booked this weekend and I am so scared of what I will hear. I'm tempted to cancel it but I feel i really need to know before the birth. Of course I know the most important thing is babs is healthy. I know this but still I just can't help myself ... :(

I still haven't told anyone I am expecting and I am so dreading the stupid tactless comments!! ( are you wanting a girl this time etc) They drive me insane. I have been so grouchy this pregnancy so all I can say is they better be careful what they say or I am very likely to bite their heads off! Lol

X

5boysandcounting
February 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Lol Jenna sue, I would definitely rather go to the dentist! Every time I think about the scan I feel sick with nerves :(

Smbarnett, Thank you! I hope you hear pink on your scan this weekend :) please update and let us know.

I know deep down if it's another boy I will still love him as much as my other boys once he's here but I just know it will be very hard to take this time around as it's our last baby and I will have to let go of of my dream :(

cvd
February 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hi! Congrats and welcome! Wishing you luck on your scan this weekend - I will be looking for your update :)

Justjessica
February 7th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I think you are definitely in the right place! I have my 20 week scan next week and I feel sick even now just thinking about it. I really, really hope you get your dream.

pebmcpd7
February 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM

X

I always get the same, when I am pregnant, I have 6 boys!! Even now and my baby is 3, people say, I'm sure you wished one of them was a girl. People can be very tactless. Hope you hear pink at your scan. GL XXX

5boysandcounting
February 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I joined this forum :) Everyone's nice comments really cheered me up :) I really hope all you ladies get your desired gender x

Pebmc I'm so glad you get me! I suppose I'm a bit over sensitive with people when they say something but really just wish they'd mind their own business if they have nothing nice to say. I wish I could be one of those people with thick skin and it didn't bother me but unfortunately I'm not. I haven't even told anyone I'm pregnant yet, I wanted to find out first what the gender is so I can be prepared..not going to tell them still but at least I'll know!

It's funny really people must be wondering if I am pregnant as I have definitely got a bit of a bump but no ones asked yet. Maybe they think I've just put several pounds on, lol

smbarnett11
February 9th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Well, I did end up going to the gender scan on Friday and yep -- baby boy #2. I'm actually kind of excited, but its a totally different kind of excitement. Obviously I can't look forward to the same things I was looking forward to when I was hoping for girl but there is a whole new set of things I am looking forward to now. I'll be excited to know how your scan went :).

Lol Jenna sue, I would definitely rather go to the dentist! Every time I think about the scan I feel sick with nerves :(

Smbarnett, Thank you! I hope you hear pink on your scan this weekend :) please update and let us know.

I know deep down if it's another boy I will still love him as much as my other boys once he's here but I just know it will be very hard to take this time around as it's our last baby and I will have to let go of of my dream :(

smbarnett11
February 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Well, I did end up going to the gender scan on Friday and yep -- baby boy #2. I'm actually kind of excited, but its a totally different kind of excitement. Obviously I can't look forward to the same things I was looking forward to when I was hoping for girl but there is a whole new set of things I am looking forward to now. I'll be excited to know how your scan went :).

minimatron
February 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I had my gender scan today and tech seemed pretty sure it's a girl! I am still in shock,lol. I have posted pics on ultrasound forum please have a look and confirm if you think tech is right? I'm so worried after 5 boys ;)

Hi,

X

That's awesome news... Off to have a look now! Congratulations x

NearlyDone
February 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
yay congrats xx

Justjessica
February 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Huge congrats!

cvd
February 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Congratulations!!

maybeoneday
February 10th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Congratulations!

wilma_five
February 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Congrats on expecting pink!!! Woohoo!!!! Go shopping!! :ballerina:

Petal
February 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Congrats on your girl!

my4leafclover
February 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
yay 5boys!!!! I am so happy for you. Go out and buy some pink!!! I bet your boys are excited to have a little sister! Congratulations.