PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Odds! I BEAT YOU!

LolaInLove
February 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone.....just wanted to pop and give everyone some hope for whatever you have going on. Got a BFP this morning!!! I am on cycle day 30, so I knew I was late this morning, and MUCH to my surprise, there were 2 lines. I haven't even testing in forever, since we haven't been trying for a long time now.

Anyway, let's hope it sticks. I always wanted an October baby, so this one would be Oct. 15....which is funny because all of my live babies were due on the 15th of the months as well. Maybe a good omen.

But background on the odds: we were a million in one chance of a natural pregnancy. Husband's sperm is terrible, only 1% are normal. Were told to go to the IVF clinic. But we didn't want to, and just decided to give up on ttc and live our lives. Started ttc in August 2010, and after 2 miscarriages in 2011, here we are with a random bfp....and I already feel crappy, so fingers crossed it's a good sign.

Also funny because I started a new job a month ago.....oops! They told me there was something in the water there.....

The Anchor
February 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
OMG! Lola HUGE CONGRATS! :pray: sticky bean sticky bean sticky bean

Hobbermittens
February 6th, 2013, 02:35 PM
OH HOLY CRAP!!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS!!!!!
Lola, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! What amazing news! Yay!!:bluecheer::celebrate::luck::o

BabyGirl4Me
February 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yaaaay! Congratulations, this gives me hope that I'll sorta "beat the odds" so to speak and conceive my little bundle of pink this March. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

nuthinbutpink
February 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
So excited to see this and YOU! Welcome back!!

Mochagirl
February 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM
October 15th is my birthday, so it's a lucky day! I'm so beyond thrilled for you - wishing you a sticky, healthy bean and a happy 9 months :HH:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckylass
February 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Really thrilled for you. Will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed this is a healthy little baby that will be lying in your arms in October.

Princess of Pink
February 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I just knew it would happen hon. I was laying in bed thinking about you this morning and hoping that you would end up pregnant and not 10 mins later you posted your BFP pic. I honestly couldn't be happier for anyone, even myself.

I have everything crossed that this is your healthy sticky bean. Can't wait to see him/her in October!!!

Missed you heaps hon XoXoX

Maybebaby#3
February 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Wow congrats, with God all things are possible!!'

Chessika
February 6th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Congratulations! :celebrate:

Cinss
February 6th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Welcome back Lola! I am SO SO SO happy that you got a BFP. Congratulations to you and your family :) :) :)

Rainbow baby
February 6th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Wow congrats!!! It's meant to be xoxoxo

skrimpy
February 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Congrats again Lola, I am so very happy for you!! Praying for a sweet sticky bean for you. My October baby is a great kiddo - and fall is a great time to have a baby :bluecheer: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LolaInLove
February 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks, everyone! I was just posting in our FB group about how I just started a new and very intense job and got a very non-kid friendly car- which I needed for the job, but also in celebration of finally getting over not having a baby ever again. And that is the exact month I get pregnant.

It hasn't really sunk in yet, to be honest. I just want this one to stick. But I have absolutely zero desire for a certain gender, just want an actual live baby out of this in October.

Glad to be back!!!

OnlyPraying
February 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
OH to the M to the G!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!
:bighug::bluecheer::bluecheer::bluecheer::ttcboy:: running::running::running::celebrate::agree::luck: :luck::luck:

dloui128
February 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM
No freakin way!!!!! This is so exciting congratulations!!!!

LolaInLove
February 7th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Haha, you all are sweet!

Pangea
February 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Congratulations!

Pearl327
February 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Lola. This is the best news I have heard in ages. So happy for you & your family. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months

lobella2
February 7th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Congratulations!!!

Dana-Alicia
February 7th, 2013, 10:40 AM
What a miracle!! Congrats, I hope you get your healthy baby in october (october babies are awesome :D :diaper: )

ELP
February 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
This is fantastic Lola, I send all the sticky dust in the world over to you xxxxxxxx

LacePrincess
February 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Incredible! Very happy for you. It brings everyone hope that the odds CAN be beaten! Congratulations so much!

inshaallahxx
February 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
How wonderful! I'm happy for you!

mmsgirlie22
February 14th, 2013, 01:02 AM
This is awesome news!! Congrats Lola. Tons of sticky baby vibes shooting your way.

Butterfly Spirit
February 14th, 2013, 01:10 AM
:running:
WOO HOO Lola, it's Your Turn girl! Been thinking about you! :D
Happy & Healthy 9 Months! YAY!!! :pregnant:

sugarNspice
February 14th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you too. :pray: for a sticky bean for you. I felt so hopeful and inspired when I read this--if a miracle can happen for you, it can for me too!

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hi ladies! Thank you all so much for the sweet messages. I really did want to post about the bfp so I will give those who keep ttc some hope. I was really the MOST hopeless of all not too long ago!

I'm almost 7 weeks now, and feel sicker every day, so that is a good sign to me. I have an ultrasound on March 7 so hoping to see a vibrant and alive little bean this time. But from the excellent advice of some of my long-time friends from this site, I am living each day as if there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

I haven't even thought about gender much, but I am sure that will start once I know everything is ok. Still debating about getting a CVS or not....I know all of the risks, but with us both being a tad older and having a terrible sperm diagnosis, it's something that is not a bad idea. Just trying to decide if it is worth it or not. Anyone?

ELP
February 24th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Would you terminate if something was wrong? If not then I would skip it:) We will be able to tell you gender at 12 weeks so only 4? to go lol!!! btw I'm hopefully an Oct mummy with you!!! xxxxxxx

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2013, 02:36 PM
ELP, not sure....that is a hard thing for us because this kid will be a miracle if normal but also, I don't think we could afford a child with lots of medical issues. I hate to say that, but we just couldn't and I don't think it would be fair to my girls either. So yes, we probably would if it was something really bad. But it makes me worried because I have a feeling that our other losses were due to abnormalities.

And WHATTTTTT??? Are you on 10LP?

Princess of Pink
February 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I feel the same way Lola. I couldn't afford a child with serious medical issues, not so much the actual money but how it would effect me working and I need to work to stay in the lifestyle my girls are accustomed to. It wouldn't be fair on the children I do have, so I am pretty sure I will go the cvs route!

2lovelyboys
February 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Congratulations! I hope you get the news you are praying for!

mariposa
February 26th, 2013, 09:21 AM
congratulations Lola! I wish you the best on your pregnancy!! :awe:

TT_3814
February 26th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Hi Lola, I remember you from IG!! I'm beyond thrilled for you, congrats on your bfp, yay!!!! Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months! The 15th is a great birthday number. ;)

DoulaMama
February 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
LOLA!!!!! Holy fuck girl!!! YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!
(Haven't been here in FOREVER but I cannot contain my excitement!!)
I hope you have an easy and healthy pregnancy ❤ Lots of love to you!!
xoxoxoxo

auroara78
February 27th, 2013, 03:59 PM
LOLA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon happy for you!! And I agree with everybody that October is a most FAB month to have a baby! DS1, my easiest, mellowest kid was born in Oct...gotta love those Libras :)

Keep us updated...I can't wait to hear more about your fabulous surprise pregnancy! My DS2 was an opps the very month I gave up on convincing my husband to go forward with a 2nd. So I think that's the irony of life!

Flava
March 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Ahhh find your post! Congrats !!!!!!!:celebrate: stick baby stick!!!