PDA

View Full Version : Hyperemesis Gravidarum, more common with girls? Anyone ever have it with a boy?

Falling2Grace
February 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
This is my 4th pregnancy (3rd baby). I never had any MS with DS1. With DS2 i had so much MS *everyone* thought it was girl (except for me). The MS lasted until 20 weeks. This time i started thowing up the day before my BFP at 9DPOs! Everyone thought i was off on my dates, but i wasn't (it's been verified). They didn't think it was possible to be sick that early. And i have to admit, i didn't think it was either! After about the 5 week mark i was throwing up 15+ times per day. It was (still is!) horrible. I hate it!!! I am nauseous all day and all night. It never ever goes away no matter what i try. I tried every natural remedy out there and none of it worked this time. It was so bad the doc finally gave me some Zofran. And even though im on that, i am still throwing up a couple of times per day and still feel sick all day and all night. (But thts obviously an improvement). I really hope this goes away soon! But anyways, i have heard that Hypermesis is more common in girl pregnancys. Is there any validity in this? Is there some sort of "precentage" chance that if you have HG, whats your chance of having a girl? And anyone get this with their boys?

Wanting-a-girl
February 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Yes that's true I can't remember the percentage but there is an increase of girls with it

Hope you start feeling better :( this pregnancy is my first experience with morning sickness too and it is awful

Falling2Grace
February 6th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Aww, sorry you are sick :( No fun. I hope we both get over asap and i hope we both get our girls :D

Wanting-a-girl
February 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Yes I could only imagine wishing this sickness on my worst enemy lol... Funny thing is before I got preg I prayed for sickness as a sign of a girl lol.. I'm taking diclectin and it helps

Falling2Grace
February 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Im on the generic of Zofran. I was on Reglan, but i had an allergic reaction to it. They did put me on Phenegram for a little bit, but that drug isn't as safe. The only thing is my insurance doesn't want to cover it. I only have 2 days worth left and im not sure what i am going to do :worry:

dreaming4pink
February 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I have had it with all 3 of my pregnancies, but the worst with my second pregnancy (boy).
That said, of all my friends and family, everyone who has both seemed to be worse with their daughters.
Good luck!

Inky
February 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
yes, more common with girls, but you can have it with boys, too (one of my friends had it with her boy).

fish2012
February 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
yes it is more common with girls but i too know some who was hospitalised from about 20 weeks with it and had a boy.........

Winngrin
February 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I had it with DS1 and have it still with this pregnancy at 29 weeks. I am pregnant with my 4th boy! I am on zofran, phenergan and reglan and still throw up! I've been in ER twice for dehydration and iv meds. It's extremely exhausting!

inshaallahxx
March 3rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
I had HG with both my boys from month 1 to the very last day. I had to get shots of vitamin b12 it was so bad.

CherryBlossom
March 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Oh you poor thing =(
My grandmother had it with all four of her kids but mainly with her three girls.as for me I had it with my two but my first was by far the worst! Both boys.
*hugs* I really feel for you and can sympathize with you poor thing =(

Falling2Grace
March 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks so much <3
I really cannot wait to be done being pregnant...that sounds horrible, doesnt it? ...one thing i do know is that im getting sterilized after this experience! LOL (well it's sort of funny but i am serious when i say i never want to be pregnant ever again!)

Falling2Grace
March 16th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I just wanted to update.
Found out today we are team PINK! So i suppose the theory was true for me.
Hope you ladies are doing well. Im still so sick, but since i found out our sway worked, i feel a lot better about it (still stinks big time though but it's nice to know im getting a girl out of it-finally!!).

Violet_
March 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Congrats on your girl Falling!!

strawberrymom
March 16th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry you have hg but happy this owt came true for you! Oh the pain we go through for our kids.