PDA

View Full Version : How long did you actively TTC for before your BFP?

anonymous2011
April 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
and did you get pg easily with your others pg's as well?

TexasMommy
April 12th, 2011, 02:41 PM
My first daughter was a surprise, so no TTC with her....
My second daughter we tried for 5 months before we got pregnant
Now im pregnant with baby #3, & it again took us 5 months to get pregnant with this one :)

mmsgirlie22
April 12th, 2011, 03:04 PM
With my first daughter it was a complete surprise so we weren't even TTC.
With daughter #2 I think it was maybe 1 month after stopping the BCPs.

Who knows how long it'll take this time around.

nicnee1976
April 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
DS1 took about 5 months, but I think I had an early m/c at about 6 weeks in that time. With DS1 we were not tracking my fertility, we were just DTD a lot!! DS2 and DS3 were complete accidents we were not TTC and both were literally a one off time with no contraception.
This one took 5 months of actively trying with BBT, OPK and fertility tracking, but TTC girl which means of course avoiding peak fertile time.

purplepoet20
April 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Both of my boys were big surprises... using the pill, IUD, VCF, and even condoms. I have been planning baby number 3 since I was 20wks preg with DS2 and we will start trying around the end of June so I will answer this Q in a few mths :)

JustKim
April 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
We conceived both girls the first month of ttc. I'm currently in my 2ww, so we'll have to wait and see if same goes for #3. :)

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Both of my girls were surprises, so we were technically NTNP (not trying, not preventing). This one, it took me 7 months of active trying, had a chemical m/c on month 6, then took month 7 off, and got bfp on month 8.

4BlueLooking4Pink
April 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
The only one we technically tried for was ds1 and we conceived him on the 5th cycle. Ds2 we never even discussed ttc - one day I had a bunch ewcm and I told dh I thought I was fertile, lets dtd and I got pg. Ds3 we weren't trying but we weren't being careful and ds4 I conceived before I even got my postpartum af back after ds3. :suprise:

We've seemed to conceive pretty easily in the past, I'm hoping it happens quickly for us with the next one as well :) I'm currently in the 2ww of out first attempt for #5 :)

My Fabulous Children
April 21st, 2011, 11:18 PM
For my two girls, we DTD every other day and got pregnant first month. For my baby boy we DTD just once the day of ovulation and also got pregnant first tried

For my last baby (which we lost, sadly) we DTD just once the day of ovulation, but it took me three months to conceive. The timing thing for ttc boy!!!

Proud-Mummy26
October 24th, 2011, 11:07 PM
DD1 was a surprise while on the pill so no trying, DD2 and DS1 were first month trying.

Coulditbemyturn
October 25th, 2011, 12:42 AM
i was first try with ds1 and ds2 but took 6mths swaying, had to stop hard core sway though as my blood test showed my hormones were disrupted so badly and i was referred to a fertility clinic

CapricornAquarius
October 25th, 2011, 08:42 AM
1st daughter was a surprise, came off the pill and within the first month I was pregnant, second time we actively were ttc, she was on the 3rd cycle, and currently I really thought we missed O but obviously not, so this time it was on our second attempt.

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & :omg: Im :pregnant:

xokatietatie
December 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
My oldest was a surprise, and my other two were only one try each! I'm hoping it'll be that easy next time around.

Hoping4aPrincess
December 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
It was on the 1st try with DS1 and DS2. With DS3 we DTD way way before O (like 4 or 5 days, we thought that swayed girl) for 2 months. For the 3rd month we DTD 2 days before O and we conceived. I get preggo pretty easily.

Mochagirl
December 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
My twins were conceived on our second month trying, but really it was only our first month really trying since I didn't know anything about how to track your fertile period the first month. With ds3, I spent one month swaying IG-style with lime douches, but then got pregnant the 2nd month once I dropped all that.

With my angel baby, we got pregnant after 4 months of swaying quite heavily. I'm hoping this time I get my BFP right away. I think I'm ovulating today, so I'll know in a week and a half or so.

Journey2dFuture
December 30th, 2011, 03:04 AM
just shy by 2 weeks of 30months hardcore ttc.
i was at the point of giving up and boom a bfp.

grasshopper
December 30th, 2011, 07:06 AM
All 3 natural pregnancies conceived first go...each with only 1 BD.
With our 3 HT cycles we transferred 2 x healthy Grade A embies each time and none stuck.
Fall really easily naturally but not with IVF...weird.

Sunset
December 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I've fallen pregnant on my seond month ttc with all of them :)

Zivic-Bubac
December 31st, 2011, 04:28 AM
1 st pregnancy was an oops, ended up in m/c@11 weeks
DD 1 - non fertile day
DD 2 - first attempt success
this pregnancy - more then a year of swaying and actively trying...so confused about that

Princess of Pink
January 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
First month trying with all 11 pregnancies I have had!!

purple sky
January 7th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Ds1 - Have no idea as we weren't trying but not being careful either (unprotected sex for about a year)
Ds2 - Was a 1x oops on father's day
Ds3 - We were ttc for 6 months

Baby #4 we have been ttc for over 4 years! Had a M/C in 2007 and haven't been able to get pregnant since. However, we haven't been actively trying every month either so we'll see what happens now that i'm back with full force ttc

auroara78
January 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
DS1--pull out, but on O day, not trying
DS2--pull out, but on O day, not trying

Bub #3--trying, 2 real attempts in the window of O, 2nd month of trying = BFP