PDA

View Full Version : Starting vitex in the middle of a cycle?

4BlueLooking4Pink
April 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I'm on cd24 and haven't ov'd yet. I just got my vitex in the mail - can I start taking it now or won't it help yet?

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Are you doing an attempt this month? If you're not, then it's ok to take it for the rest of your cycle and then AF-O next month.

pinkhelp
July 7th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry, I can't find where to start a thread. I'm brand new to dreaming, but not a new swayer. I have 3 sons. My last was a "failed" sway. I have been ttc for 4 months and taking vitex. I believe I have had 2 chemical pregnancies. I have only been taking it from AF to a few days before O. Also, it's really effecting my moods. I get HORRIBLE mood swings and some depression a few days before Af shows and then the day of AF I'm back to normal. I guess that means it's doing something? I am wondering what I can change next month. Should I take B6 from O to AF to help keep progesterone up? What about progesterone cream? Take that from O-AF? Also wondering about trying it the whole month through, but I did that the very first month and it gave me a very long cycle. Thanks so much, hoping for atomics opinion. :)

atomic sagebrush
July 7th, 2014, 12:07 PM
AT the top of the "forum" page there is a button called "start new thread" and just click that and off to the races.

Are you saying you have had 2 chemicals on vitex?? why do you think this?

Vitex also gave me pretty bad PMS while others claim it helped.

I need more explanation about why it is you seem to think progesterone is a problem for you. I don't want to give the wrong advice.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you or anyone else use progesterone cream in the follicular phase of your cycle.

pinkhelp
July 7th, 2014, 01:53 PM
2 months ago I got a faint BFP (with many pg symptoms before that) followed by bfns and then a Af that was a few days late. This month same thing. Got bfp on 9 dpo and 10 dpo and now all bfns and some pink discharge so thinking AF is on it's way. They were very faint bfp's but there. I'm not sure what would be causing this. I've never had chemicals before, or any miscarriages. I'm not really sure what to think. I know of someone else that had 3 chemicals from vitex AF to O and then the fourth time she did AF all the way through and is now 20+ weeks. Doesn't necessarily mean that is the case with me....I'm not feeling as crazy as I did last month. I was an emotional mess. Everything made me cry and then I'd have angry spells were I wanted to yell at DH (didnt get any bfps last month), and then it peaked the day before AF and then i was fine....do you think that means the vitex is doing something to my hormones?

pinkhelp
July 7th, 2014, 01:54 PM
also, i was meaning take progesterone from ovulation to bfp or next AF

pinkhelp
July 7th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I'm 12 dpo today and got another bfn this afternoon. Any idea what could be causing the chemicals if thats what they were?

bluebonnet22
July 7th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I'm sure AS will provide some help, but honestly I'd drop the vitex. I can't imagine taking a pill that affected my mood so negatively. Vitex isn't necessary for a successful sway.

pinkhelp
July 8th, 2014, 09:26 AM
So, I've still been having more and more pregnancy symptoms. The biggest one is the hot pulsing feeling in the evenings in my uterus area. The other one is that my appetite is enormous all of a sudden. This was the same with all three of my sons so I'm scared that if I am pg, it's another boy. Tests still coming up totally negative at 13 dpo

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM
ok then that does indeed sound like chemicals to me. (sometimes people tell me they are having chemicals based on symptoms, but they aren't.) I'm sorry for your losses.

I personally don't think we're seeing a drastic increase in the rate of chemicals with vitex but eveyrone's body is different.

If you're going till 12-13 DPO before AF this is not a progesterone issue. PLEASE do not start B6 (sways blue) or OTC progesterone cream (does nothing and may even contribute to miscarriages for some people) on this basis.

My suspicion is, chemicals are something that do happen from time to time and when we test early (such as when TTC) we are more likely to see them. It was probably nothing more than sheer bad luck. How long have you been on diet? It may be time to add in some additional nutrients to help your body make healthier eggs and better sustain a pregnancy.

Re your mood and whether to continue the vitex - I agree with bluebonnet it isn't worth it. I have seen a fair number of people who just couldn't seem to get pg on the vitex and then dropped it and got pg the month afterwards with a baby girl (including myself). So it may be the right thing to do here, just go ahead and drop it for this upcoming month.

You can't tell gender from pregnancy symptoms. the Y chromosome is dormant at this stage of gestation, your baby cannot be making testosterone because s/he is a tiny ball of cells that has no testicles. Please don't drive yourself mad obsessing over symptoms at 13 DPO when you probably are no longer even pregnant.

sweetdream
July 8th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I took vitex for a long time. TTC on vitex from januari-april. I had faint lines in febr and march. And AF. BFN in april in very light period. Bad PMS al months.
I dropped vitex in may. I had the idea my Womb didn't have enough mucus for an egg to implant. Possible caused by vitex? On advice from AS and gut feeling I dropped vitex and got pg that month. Don't know gender tough!

pinkhelp
July 8th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I really appreciate your opinion! Thanks! I'm glad to hear that many women have gotten their girls after dropping the vitex. This month I didnt have the crazy mood swings etc like I did last month, but it sure was nuts last month. Crying over songs on the radio, commercials, and when my kids would do the slightest sweet thing I would just blubber...it wasn't really sad crying it was thinking of happy things that would make me cry. and then of course came the insane angry time right before AF. Anyway, maybe it's time to drop it. I thought B6 swayed girl, but will not take it if it helps with a boy sway! I'm going to do some reading on girl sways here as I know some things do differ from IG. Thanks again!

pinkhelp
July 8th, 2014, 11:16 AM
thanks for your input :) Hoping you hear pink!

pinkhelp
July 8th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Also, wanted to ask about bio rythmns. I O'd right during a totally "girly" biorythmn this time and Next month is looking very boyish. I do feel like I've lost a little girl this month as I have never had any hint of a line at 9dpo until this month :(

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2014, 09:47 AM
B6 has been a strong blue swayer for us. I got my 4th boy taking 100 mg, I've seen tons of people who took it and got boy opposites, and right after that one of the major pay-for sway sites dropped it from their sway supps because they also felt it was contributing to opposites.

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Also, wanted to ask about bio rythmns. I O'd right during a totally "girly" biorythmn this time and Next month is looking very boyish. I do feel like I've lost a little girl this month as I have never had any hint of a line at 9dpo until this month :(

Biorhythms were invented by a mental patient on the basis that all women have 28 day cycles (they don't) and have been debunked in 134 studies.

pinkhelp
July 10th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for your opinion on bios. One less thing to worry about! So I'm still not out yet. No signs of AF. Not really many pg symtpoms except feeling hotter (like i do when I'm pg) and still hungrier. 15 dpo and still bfn. At 14 dpo had a test come up faint after an hr. Going to quiet testing until wed as then I'll be a week late for AF. If I had a chemical, maybe it's going to take a while to get AF again. If I didn't then maybe just not enough HCG yet.

pinkhelp
July 13th, 2014, 08:28 PM
So AF came full force on Saturday Am. Lots of clots so thinking it was a chemical. Onto next month without the vitex. Hoping it will still all be enough!

pinkhelp
August 5th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Alright so I did end up with my period last month and started back on the suppliments and diet etc. I left out the vitex. I had ewcm starting on cd 10 and through cd14. I believe I o'd on cd 13 or 13 as I had O pains then. I've never gotten opks to give me a + so I use body signs instead. We had sex on cd 24 and I had some spotting after and still. I am on cd 25 now and still spotting. This is soooo weird for me as I haven't had a period shorter than 31 days like ever! I have no idea if this is just going to be a really short cycle or if I am pregnant. yesterdays test was bfn, no surprise there. But for me to start spotting on cd 24 if not pregnant would be SOO early for me as 31 day cycle is usually my very shortest and 33 is more my average. we shall see!

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Symptoms are not reliable ways to predict ovulation. YOu can have O pain before, during, and after ovulation.

What I would have you do, if OPK don't work for you, is to have unprotected sex every 4 days and that way you are ensured of having one well timed attempt in your fertile window. One attempt is getting good results for us.

THe month coming off vitex is often a strange cycle.

pinkhelp
August 8th, 2014, 12:08 PM
thanks atomic. As far as ewcm goes, do you think you O on the last day you see the ewcm? that was correct for me this month if the pains were infact O. I got the O pains at 10 and by 10 pm had more creamy cm.

pinkhelp
August 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Wow, haven't even gotten a bfp yet and already feeling the anxiety around gender. Not sure if you saw my other post about getting mega implantation/placenta burrowing pains/cramps last night with lower back pains. I just know I'm pregnant now. I had this with DS3 and had the spotting with DS2.

I wanted your opinion on whether you think getting pregnant after a chemical sways girl, also, it was my first month going off the vitex. You said you've seen lots of cases where ladies got their girl the next cycle after vitex? I also had a 3.5 day cut off with douching before and added refresh after and only used about a 1/4 of semen and only just wiped it on myself, nothing in. I then did a o+12 attempt but you could hardly call it that as it was a finger tip of semen after douching and then douched again 20 mins later. I wanted to make it really hard to get pg and my DH has huge loads...sorry tmi, so wanted to keep sperm count as low as I could. Do you think I have a good chance? I was on suppliments, and diet, but wasn't perfect on the diet.

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2014, 03:14 PM
thanks atomic. As far as ewcm goes, do you think you O on the last day you see the ewcm? that was correct for me this month if the pains were infact O. I got the O pains at 10 and by 10 pm had more creamy cm.

No, you do not necessarily ovulate on the last day you see EWCM. Some people have a burst of EWCM a day or two before ovulation that then goes away, and then I and several other people have had EWCM AFTER ovulation (this happened the month I got my daughter and my ovulation was confirmed by ovulation so 100% certain) IT is all about the hormones and how much estrogen you are making and how it is affecting your body. IT can be different by the month, so you can't go off what happened in other months.

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Wow, haven't even gotten a bfp yet and already feeling the anxiety around gender. Not sure if you saw my other post about getting mega implantation/placenta burrowing pains/cramps last night with lower back pains. I just know I'm pregnant now. I had this with DS3 and had the spotting with DS2.

I wanted your opinion on whether you think getting pregnant after a chemical sways girl, also, it was my first month going off the vitex. You said you've seen lots of cases where ladies got their girl the next cycle after vitex? I also had a 3.5 day cut off with douching before and added refresh after and only used about a 1/4 of semen and only just wiped it on myself, nothing in. I then did a o+12 attempt but you could hardly call it that as it was a finger tip of semen after douching and then douched again 20 mins later. I wanted to make it really hard to get pg and my DH has huge loads...sorry tmi, so wanted to keep sperm count as low as I could. Do you think I have a good chance? I was on suppliments, and diet, but wasn't perfect on the diet.

Just to clarify, and apologies because I feel like I"m being super nitpicky but just trying to keep things as accurate as I can here - you can absolutely have very severe cramping and pain in early pregnancy but it is impossible to feel a miniscule ball of cells burrowing into your uterus (and at this point it's really just sitting there, barely touching it). If your uterus was that sensitive, pregnancy and childbirth would be utterly unbearable. The reason why we have cramping in early pregnancy is because hormones are causing huge changes to your uterus - tons of blood is rushing to the area and things are moving around, changing, growing, etc. That having been said, occasionally hormones do weird things and it is not at all unusual to be tricked by symptoms in the luteal phase even when you are not pregnant. These symptoms may be more strong in the month following a chemical and vitex also makes them a lot stronger.

While anything can happen and rarely people do get pregnant with these super strict sways, if you really did all that stuff in the way you're describing, it would be pretty tough to conceive. Just to protect your emotions I would not get my hopes overly high for conception (taking your question to mean a good chance of pregnancy?? no, not a good chance). I don't guess at people's chances with swaying. Perfect sways fail all the time and laid back ones work, so I don't want to contribute to false hope or false despair by taking guesses on things I cannot know. :) Good luck.

pinkhelp
August 8th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I do appreciate your honesty. I will try not to get my hopes up for a bfp. I'll let you know either way. I should know within a week.

pinkhelp
August 10th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Af arrived and with far more cramps and more intense than i've ever had. HUGE clots. At first I felt a bit shocked because I felt so sure of what I was feeling...now I just feel super bummed...

Monty
August 11th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Pinkhelp, sorry to hear AF turned up for you.
I just got of BFN, so I am also feeling bummed.

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2014, 02:08 AM
I"m sorry AF is here - what can we do to make this upcoming month your month?? are you ready to drop anything?

pinkhelp
August 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Ya, I think I will bd closer to O and just continue on my diet that's not super strict but keeping out the no nos. Thanks for kind words.

pinkhelp
August 13th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Atomic, I am wondering if you've seen others have what is happening with me after going off vitex? I O'd way earlier than normal Cd14, but then was spotting red on Cd24 (never had this EVER) and now am still bleeding. it's been 9 days since the start of the spotting. I've had weird cramps on and off the whole time. The day of my heaviest flow i had my normal menstral cramps that seem to come from inside and are painful.

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Yes, I've seen all kinds of weird things happen with the vitex (and I'd suspect that's where the spotting came from). But my money is on something different causing the heavy bleeding - what otehr supps are you taking at present??

pinkhelp
August 18th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Update:
I'm 23 DPO if you don't count the spotting from Cd24-28 or the bleeding from 28-30 or the back to spotting from 30-33. I have felt weird the whole time, but no really strong symptoms but weird enough to test again today. I got a faint squinter bfp within the time limit this afternoon. I have a dr appointment tomorrow am for another reason so will ask for bloodwork. This has been the most bizarre cycle EVER! I just want to know for sure one way or the other so I can get on with my life!

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2014, 10:57 AM
hmmm that makes me think you ovulated later than you thought and had implantation bleeding. Good luck and I hope for ood news today!

pinkhelp
August 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM
We shall see. It would be super heavy for implantation bleeding. I think I'll get my results in the am. I'm hoping that by not having him release inside it really helped up my chances for a girl. I only used about a 1/4 of his semen and just wiped in on myself. A weird way to conceive!

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2014, 04:03 PM
If you are 23 days past ovulation you did not get pregnant from that attempt. You would have ovulated at a different point in time and gotten pregnant from a different occasion of intercourse.

If implantation occurs on/near the cervix you can have much heavier bleeding from that than normal. Or, you may have conceived twins and lost one (this happened to me once)