PDA

View Full Version : how to do TBM and why you probably shouldn't do it for gender swaying

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
:think:What is TBM??

TBM stands for "turkey baster method", meaning a method of high-tech at home where your sperm donor, whoever that may be, gives a sample of sperm (either via masturbation or by using a sperm-safe condom) that you either then inject directly into your body (you don't actually use a turkey baster, unless it's Thanksgiving and you happen to have one handy:wink:) or treat with chemicals to alter the pH and then inject into your body as a gender swaying technique.

:think: Who does such a thing and why? Well, there are two sets of people who do TBM. One is people who are trying to get pregnant by someone they don't want to have intercourse with...lesbian couples who want a baby for example, and situations in which a woman who is unable to conceive, allows her sister or friend to be artificially inseminated by her husband in order to have a child that is biologically related to her husband. TBM is effective and much more affordable than a sperm bank (but do be aware that STDs can be spread this way.)

The second group is people who want to manipulate, or alter, the pH of semen for gender swaying purposes.

The directions given work equally well for both groups - obviously if your main concern is getting pregnant, there are steps that you should skip in the process.

:think:Is that even safe? As far as we know, the DNA of sperm cannot be altered once it has left a man's body, and TBM is believed to be safe. It is not believed to cause miscarriage or birth defects.

:think: How successful is this??

Believe it or not, for straight pregnancy, TBM is pretty effective. Many people have gotten pregnant this way, including Melissa Etheridge's girlfriend Julie Cypher, who used TBM to conceive a child from David Crosby (twice!)

For gender swaying, since you are manipulating the pH of the semen, it can kill off sperm and make it more difficult to conceive. But, many people have used the method to get pregnant and some of them have gotten their DG. However, it is NOT a guarantee and it is not even certain if it is any better than swaying without TBM...if you really feel that you NEED a child of a particular gender, it is strongly suggested that you look into high-tech.

:think: Atomic, why are you down on TBM for gender swaying??

A lot of people ARE doing TBM for gender swaying and if you really feel like it will work for you, go for it and I will help you however I can. But there are a couple of reasons why ~I personally~ don't think TBM is the way to go.

For BOTH :ttcgirl: and :ttcboy: If you only use TBM for your sway, you are relying totally on pH to sway. If pH really sways in the way some believe it does, that is GREAT and you will have a fab sway from TBM alone. But, if there is more to swaying than pH, or if pH doesn't work in the way some people believe, then you may actually be harming your sway. (in the thread below - page 2 - I explained a bit about how pH might sway differently than the traditional sway believes it does and I also have an essay on the subject here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html)

Also, even if you aren't only relying on TBM for swaying, TBM can seriously reduce your odds of pregnancy. The longer people go on without getting a BFP, the more likely it is that they will give up on things that have A LOT of science backing them up, primarily diet factors. And even if you are very very dedicated to diet and do it 100%, the longer you remain on a diet, the less "shocking" it is to your body and your natural body chemistry may start to overcome the effects of the diet. It may be that you end up trading something that is actually proven to work (the diet) for something that may not even sway (TBM).

:ttcboy: For blue swayers, TBM reduces the number of sperm on hand to make it to the egg. ANY manipulation of sperm is going to end up killing some of them off. Lower sperm count seems to sway pink for the most part, so TBM may be less effective than simply DTD naturally.

:ttcgirl: For pink swayers, TBM is highly stressful and it is the detail-oriented, obsessive, success/failure kind of stress that raises testosterone and sways blue. I believe that this is the number one reason why pink sways fail - women get so "into" swaying and begin to see it as a challenge that they can "win" at and that mindset is PROVEN to raise testosterone.

Plus, it will reduce your odds of pregnancy quite a bit and every month that passes without a BFP, is another month that you'll have to stay on that TTC girl diet without cheating!!

:prof: How to do TBM

:think: Equipment needed: clean glass cup or sperm-safe condom available here: http://www.fertilityformen.com/products_analysis.php?gclid=CJuMwOPHl6gCFRphgwod33 KhBg#condoms and a syringe/eyedropper/medicine dispenser available at drugstores.

For swaying pink you willl also need pH strips or digi tester and lime juice.

For swaying blue you will also need pH strips/digi tester, egg whites from a real chicken egg, NOT Egg Beaters, a Diva or Instead Cup - the Instead Cup is best because it sits nearer to your cervix, and also Pre-Seed.

:think: First step for everyone - GET the sample! Have your sperm donor ejaculate either into a glass cup (don't use plastic or metal because they may have a harmful effect on sperm) OR you can also get a sample via intercourse, in a sperm-safe condom. You can buy sperm-safe condoms at the following link, but they are expensive and should be reserved for your attempt day. For practice, you can just use any non-spermicide, non-latex condom. http://www.fertilityformen.com/products_analysis.php?gclid=CJuMwOPHl6gCFRphgwod33 KhBg#condoms

Blue swayers, you may even want to have him ejaculate directly into your Diva/Instead Cup, if he can. This is to minimize the number of sperm you lose moving the semen from a cup/condom into the DC/IC.

:luck:For those who are only interested in conception, use a needle-less syringe, eyedropper, or children's medical dispenser (you can find these things at any drugstore) and suck up as much sperm as possible, inject the semen into your vagina, trying to get close to the cervix. Do this GENTLY so you do not damage any sperm. You may want to use a sperm-friendly lubricant like Pre-Seed first BUT EWCM is best, so you may want to time your insemination to coincide with your Peak Day of EWCM. You may wish to take Robitussin to increase CM. Prop your hips for 10 minutes afterwards and you may wish to have a female orgasm before, after, or both!! The more times you inseminate during your fertile period, the better your odds of pregnancy.

:ttcgirl:For pink swayers, first, check the pH of the sample. Add lime juice (or you can also use the vinegar/calcium douche mix) that has been warmed to body temp by carrying it in your bra for 10-15 minutes, drop by drop (check pH after each drop has been added, and this is where practice comes in handy - if you try it a few times you will develop a "feel" for how much lime you'll need to add) until you get a pH of 4.5-5 (some other sites recommend 4 but I feel that this is TOO LOW and will greatly reduce your odds of pregnancy - use your own judgement but I would like to see you guys aiming for pH of 5 at the minimum, and for anyone whose husbands have sperm issues and/or who are doing a lot of other things to sway, I recommend pH of 6). You can kinda swirl the cup around a little bit.

This mixture is referred to as "splime". :rofl:

Using a needle-less syringe, eyedropper, or medicine dispenser, insert your splime into your vagina. Do this GENTLY so not to damage sperm. Depending on how desperate you are to get pregnant, you may also choose to use an antihistamine (to reduce EWCM), a douche/lime tampon, spermicide, or one of the various jellies. You can either lay with your hips propped up for 15 minutes OR do a jump and dump. The more swaying techniques you add, the harder it will be to conceive (and remember, there are no guarantees even if you use everything.)

In terms of timing, you may want to BD one time only, using either a cutoff or an O+12, along with abstinence or frequent release BUT these things will reduce odds of pregnancy even further. For best odds of pregnancy you should inseminate many times during your fertile period but this is NOT normally part of a pink sway.

Alternatively, you can put your splime into a Diva or Instead cup and insert it. Leave it in for 90 minutes before taking it out and don't lie down during this time. This may increase your odds of pregnancy, but will also increase the numbers of sperm available to fertilize the egg (which may sway blue). The Diva Cup is better than the Instead Cup for TTC pink because it sits further from the cervix.

:ttcboy:Before DH gives you a sample, you'll need to check the pH of your egg white. You want a pH of 9-9.9. If it is 10 or above (:prof: editorial comment - I fail to see how 9.9 can be a pH that ANY sperm love if pH of 10 suddenly kills them - consequently I would err on the side of pH that is lower, more like 9 - but use your own judgement) then add a bit of Pre-Seed to the egg white to lower the pH to 9-9.9 and mix them together well with a fork.

Once you have the sample, put it into an Instead/Diva Cup. Add about as much egg white as you have semen, into the cup. If the egg white floats on top of the semen, that's great and insert the cup. If the two start to mix together, it's best to finish the job and mix them together right away, then insert the cup. Leave the cup in for 90 minutes and DON'T lay down during this time - you are trying to avoid mixing the semen and the egg white.

If you like, you can douche with baking soda an hour before (but you don't have to.) You can also use Egg White if you have no EWCM but EWCM is vastly preferable - you may want to take Robitussin to ensure you have some (it's best not to use Pre-seed in this instance because there is a large difference in pH between the egg white and Pre-seed). Try to have a female O as many times before and after inserting the cup as you can (but remember not to lie down :suprise:)

For timing, you may want to DTD one time only either the day of ovulation or the day before. Try to maximize sperm count by having DH release every 3 or 4 days. He may want to increase his sperm's energy levels by drinking caffeine about an hour before your attempt.

Out of the Blue
April 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
YAY, Atomic! Big thanks!

WantingPink
April 12th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much for putting this information together!!

Yuzu
April 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Great info! This should be a sticky!

BabyCakes
April 27th, 2011, 07:04 AM
thank you!

bodhi
April 29th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks, this takes some of the pressure off. I wasn't planning on doing TBM, but sometimes I read things and worry that I may regret not doing absolutely everything possible. This makes me feel a bit better about putting a limit on how far I'm willing to go.

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Great read!

lightofmylife
April 29th, 2011, 11:28 PM
thanks !!!

Flava
August 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
atomic I have some questions

The second group is people who want to manipulate the pH of semen for gender swaying purposes.
I don't get this. Can you tell me how we manipulate semen pH with TBM? When you do TBM you add some EW on top of the semen and that's it . That is not manipulating semen pH to me.

For swaying blue you will also need pH strips/digi tester, egg whites from a real chicken egg, NOT Egg Beaters, a Diva or Instead Cup, and also Pre-Seed.

Just want to say you don't use diva cup for ttc boy with TBM! Only the IC. Diva cup is for ttc pink.

For blue swayers, TBM reduces the number of sperm on hand to make it to the egg. ANY manipulation of sperm is going to end up killing some of them off. Lower sperm count seems to sway pink for the most part, so TBM may be less effective than simply DTD naturally.

Why do you say TBM reduces the sperm count? You use the whole sample , all the sperm just put some EW on top and put the IC in right away. So it's not like with MSU where you separate the sample.
When you just DTD and put some EW in before it's kinda the same fore me.

Once you have the sample, put it into an Instead/Diva Cup. Add about as much egg white as you have semen, into the cup. If the egg white floats on top of the semen, that's great and insert the cup. If the two start to mix together, it's best to finish the job and mix them together right away, then insert the cup. Leave the cup in for 90 minutes and DON'T lay down during this time, the semen will spill out.

I just want to say the idea for not to lay down because the semen spill out it's silly. You use a IC and it's made for AF so it don't spill out nothing, right? You can also use it after DTD to keep semen in .And you also use it after MSU and you can lay down with that so why not with TBM?
Now I now that IG guru idea was that you don't lay down with TBM so you don't mix the semen and EW in the cup!
BUT 1-if the sample already mix then no use for this , 2-I used the IC a lot before and I think there is no way it won't mix when you put that thing in! You have to squeeze it a small place and everything inside the cup will be squeezed too!
(it's not like you put it in a big bowl and it stays the same shape , right?)
So I would say if you totally sure your sample and the EW is not mixed and you will NOT mix it when you insert the IC then don't lay down. But otherwise you can lay down for sure!

Anyway I just have this Q because I have to try next cycle and Im not sure if we do TBM and/or just DDT.

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Ok just let me say that I didn't ever do TBM for a boy or a girl. All the info that I used to write that essay was taken from several threads on several sites and compiled into one essay. So if I said something that didn't make sense, I'm sorry but that was what I read was the thing to do.

1)Whenever you add egg white to semen, you are manipulating the pH because the pH of egg white is a lot higher than the pH of semen or CM. You're raising the pH of the sample overall. Whether the egg white is on top or bottom or mixed in there, the pH is different than what it would be otherwise. All I mean by "manipulating" is just, "doing something to change the pH of what you're putting in there."

I also totally agree with you that there is no way that all the squeezing of the cup does not mix the egg whites into the sample at least a little bit.

2)The info I had says either Diva cup or Instead cup for TTC blue. If you are telling me the Instead cup is better then I will change it but I am curious as to what the official difference is. The only thing I have seen is that the Instead cup sits a little bit nearer to the cervix but that it did not seem to matter for swaying blue because you shoudl have so much EWCM from supps anyway that it shouldn't be an issue if the sperm have to go a tiny bit farther or not. What am I missing there???

3)I say TBM reduces sperm numbers because it WILL reduce sperm numbers. You're doing stuff to the sperm outside of the body and you're going to lose some along the way. Unless your DH is able to ejaculate right into that little cup??? Maybe some guys do, I don't know, but I do know that the official instructions tell DH to ejaculate into a cup or sperm safe condom and at least SOME of the sperm are going to get left behind. Plus I still think that just the act of putting it into the IC, putting the EW on top, and inserting the cup, is going to kill or lose sperm along the way.

4)Again, for the laying down part, that was what I read. Sorry if that's silly, I didn't do TBM so I was just going off of what I read which was not to lie down for 90 minutes because the sperm would spill out. Sorry for TMI but I did use Instead cups when I had AF a couple times because I wanted to know more about them and I found they DID spill when I laid down so that made some sense to me. Maybe I didn't have them in right.

5)Sort of a combo of 3 and 4 above but don't you find you spill a lot of sperm/EW or at least SOME when you insert the cup??? That alone seems to me that it will reduce sperm numbers, esp. since after you insert it, you're going to have the cup in the way blocking all the sperm that spilled out!! Might as well be wearing a diaphragm. And that is fine if pH really does sway in the ways that the traditional sway believes, but if numbers sway, then everything you lose might make the difference between XY and XX.

Anyway thanks for asking, every question makes things clearer for everyone.

Flava
August 21st, 2011, 09:39 PM
Ok I see why you say that about the EW. But we also use EW when we just DTD so I don't see why is that a problem.Or is that manipulating too? But I read in 1 of your post that EWCM is the best to use if we need any.

And I only learned form IG (not the best place I guess huh) that diva cup if for ttc pink. Because it's deeper and yeah IC is closer to the cervix.
Maybe we should have lot's of EWCM from the sups but not all of us do. Like I don't have much this last months and no clue why...so I have to use some EWCM for sure.

If you push the IC all the way down it's not so small at all so yeah man can do it right in the cup.
I did not say your post is silly. i just think it is who ever came up with that idea...
But I did use the IC a lot when I was doing msu and it never spilled out . (because you can lay down with msu)but no clue with AF because I never tried.
Yeah you have to be very careful when you insert it so you don't spill.Not so easy...
Anyway I just don't see a big sperm loss with TBM. I think it's a way lot better then msu to keep sperm count for sure.
Also I don't know if pH sway or not I just see that lot's of woman who got boy says they have higher pH . So I want higher pH too. But I don't mind anymore if it's not 8 for sure.
thanks for help!

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
It is totally manipulating the pH to use EW, Preseed, douching, whatever. Manipulating kind of sounds negative but all I meant was that you're changing the pH of the stuff before you insert it. My thinking is, when you put the EW in and you're DTD the old fashioned way, it will spread throughout the VJ and not be so concentrated, plus the low pH of the vaginal secretions kind of help to keep the pH of the EW reasonable. I'm not convinced that if pH of 10 kills sperm (which I have read repeatedly on IG), that pH of 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, even down to 9, is going to be very good for sperm at all either. That does not make sense to me and does not seem to mesh with how the body works - I would expect to see less survivability as the pH neared 10, not some magic point before which Y sperm are thriving and right after that they all die. So when you put the sperm into an IC and then add EW on top, it's like the sperm can't escape so they get a big blast of pH that may be higher than what is optimal for their survival.

That having been said, semen is pretty good at protecting them and neither EW or semen mix very easily, so I tend to think that when people do TBM for blue, the EW stays separate from the semen and so I think that TBM with EW is safer for sperm than TBM with lime is. Not to go into too much detail but I tested this on a sample my DH gave me and the two did not seem to mix, and that is similar to the advice given on IG, to put the EW on top. Whereas TBM for a girl with the lime, they really do mix the two together and so for sure they kill off a good number of sperm (but of course that's what they want.) I guess my point is, TBM is not accomplishing anything different than regular BD with EW, EWCM, or Preseed does, (buffering sperm from vaginal secretions with EW) would and I really do think that at least some sperm are lost in the process.

Anyway, I edited my essay to put in the info that the Instead cup is prob. better for blue and I thank you very much for calling my attention to that.

I do agree that increasing your pH can help sway blue and it's a good goal for blue swayers, but, just because it can help sway blue does not necessarily mean that Y sperm love sky high pH (I'm going to describe this again for anyone who has not seen it before so it is in this thread too...flava I know you know my opinion on this already and I'm sorry for hijacking your question). Anyway, X and Y sperm preferring drastically different pH levels is only an unproved theory. All sperm prefer and thrive in pH in the 7's and die in BOTH high and low pH, so I find it hard to wrap my mind around the idea that sperm of either gender could "love" pH that is very far out from the pH that ensures their survival.

Another theoretical interpretation that explains pH swaying would be, that since everything that raises sperm count/sperm numbers seems to sway blue, and everything that lowers it seems to sway pink, it may be numbers of sperm all together that sway for a particular gender. More sperm at the egg = more boys, less sperm = more girls (and this could be due to the slight size difference between X and Y sperm and no other reason). So in that scenario, the way pH would sway is that high pH of EW, EWCM, semen, and Preseed helps protect maximum numbers of sperm from the harshness of the vaginal secretions (which are very low, in the 4's) and makes it so more sperm stay alive to make it into the shelter of the cervix and onto fertilize the egg. If this idea is true, then anything you do to reduce sperm numbers would hurt your sway.

For pink swayers, the opposite would be true and they want to minimize sperm numbers while still leaving enough to make it through the CM and to fertilize the egg (it takes more than one sperm to fertilize an egg.) So when they lower the pH, they are killing off more sperm than they would be otherwise and leaving fewer to go onto the egg.

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
It is totally manipulating the pH to use EW, Preseed, douching, whatever. Manipulating kind of sounds negative but all I meant was that you're changing the pH of the stuff before you insert it. My thinking is, when you put the EW in and you're DTD the old fashioned way, it will spread throughout the VJ and not be so concentrated, plus the low pH of the vaginal secretions kind of help to keep the pH of the EW reasonable. I'm not convinced that if pH of 10 kills sperm (which I have read repeatedly on IG), that pH of 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, even down to 9, is going to be very good for sperm at all either. That does not make sense to me and does not seem to mesh with how the body works - I would expect to see less survivability as the pH neared 10, not some magic point before which Y sperm are thriving and right after that they all die. So when you put the sperm into an IC and then add EW on top, it's like the sperm can't escape so they get a big blast of pH that may be higher than what is optimal for their survival.

That having been said, semen is pretty good at protecting them and neither EW or semen mix very easily, so I tend to think that when people do TBM for blue, the EW stays separate from the semen and so I think that TBM with EW is safer for sperm than TBM with lime is. Not to go into too much detail but I tested this on a sample my DH gave me and the two did not seem to mix, and that is similar to the advice given on IG, to put the EW on top. Whereas TBM for a girl with the lime, they really do mix the two together and so for sure they kill off a good number of sperm (but of course that's what they want.) I guess my point is, TBM is not accomplishing anything different than regular BD with EW, EWCM, or Preseed does, (buffering sperm from vaginal secretions with EW) would and I really do think that at least some sperm are lost in the process.

Anyway, I edited my essay to put in the info that the Instead cup is prob. better for blue and I thank you very much for calling my attention to that.

I do agree that increasing your pH can help sway blue and it's a good goal for blue swayers, but, just because it can help sway blue does not necessarily mean that Y sperm love sky high pH (I'm going to describe this again for anyone who has not seen it before so it is in this thread too...flava I know you know my opinion on this already and I'm sorry for hijacking your question). Anyway, X and Y sperm preferring drastically different pH levels is only an unproved theory. All sperm prefer and thrive in pH in the 7's and die in BOTH high and low pH, so I find it hard to wrap my mind around the idea that sperm of either gender could "love" pH that is very far out from the pH that ensures their survival.

Another theoretical interpretation that explains pH swaying would be, that since everything that raises sperm count/sperm numbers seems to sway blue, and everything that lowers it seems to sway pink, it may be numbers of sperm all together that sway for a particular gender. More sperm at the egg = more boys, less sperm = more girls (and this could be due to the slight size difference between X and Y sperm and no other reason). So in that scenario, the way pH would sway is that high pH of EW, EWCM, semen, and Preseed helps protect maximum numbers of sperm from the harshness of the vaginal secretions (which are very low, in the 4's) and makes it so more sperm stay alive to make it into the shelter of the cervix and onto fertilize the egg. If this idea is true, then anything you do to reduce sperm numbers would hurt your sway.

For pink swayers, the opposite would be true and they want to minimize sperm numbers while still leaving enough to make it through the CM and to fertilize the egg (it takes more than one sperm to fertilize an egg.) So when they lower the pH, they are killing off more sperm than they would be otherwise and leaving fewer to go onto the egg.

Flava
August 22nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
You are so right ! No way I believe this 9.9 is all ok and the bummm on 10 all die.
Also the lime thing sound so scary I would think it will kill them all. I know some did get a girl like that on IG Im just happy I don't sway pink I guess lol.
I don't really believe that x and y sperm prefer different pH . It's just mine was always low(like 4.5) and have 4 girls ....that's why.
But now I have 6.4 and this month was 7 so Im all happy with that!
For me if we do TBM or not Im not sure well see what DH is up for lol. But I want to try more then once so it will be regular BD too that's for sure.
OMG it's next cycle wish me luck please Im so scared!http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp73/ezgoin_photos/Scared.gif
And ty for help!

atomic sagebrush
August 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Good luck and I am sending regular doses of blue dust your way!!!

purplepoet20
August 22nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
You are so right ! No way I believe this 9.9 is all ok and the bummm on 10 all die.
Also the lime thing sound so scary I would think it will kill them all. I know some did get a girl like that on IG Im just happy I don't sway pink I guess lol.
I don't really believe that x and y sperm prefer different pH . It's just mine was always low(like 4.5) and have 4 girls ....that's why.
But now I have 6.4 and this month was 7 so Im all happy with that!
For me if we do TBM or not Im not sure well see what DH is up for lol. But I want to try more then once so it will be regular BD too that's for sure.
OMG it's next cycle wish me luck please Im so scared!http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp73/ezgoin_photos/Scared.gif
And ty for help!

7...awesome! That is where I was before the diet change and that was on the same diet I ate with my boys ;)

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2012, 01:41 AM
I just commented to someone this morn that was struggling with FR so I recommended this method that ironically my BFF's sister did. My BFF had sex with her hubby and then he pulled out and ejaculated into a clean cup, then they sucked it up with a syringe and inserted it into BFF's sister. LOL it worked the one time if I remember right!
They did it because there was a problem with the sister's hubby's sperm!

I think it's a great idea if FR BD is too much! :rofl:

Princess of Pink
May 10th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Can I ask a dumb question....I am gonna try a combo of normal and TBM this month. I have a ladycup that I use for AF (same as a diva cup) and it is small in circumference and I guess slightly deep, but if you lay down it will get the spermies right up there. I have some IC's and they are HUGE....I have no idea how they get anything up close to your cervix? At O time my cervix is that high that I can hardly reach it!! Am I doing something wrong with the IC?

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2012, 05:18 PM
PoP, the prob. I have with the Instead cup for blue is that you lose so much sperm trying to put the d@mn thing in there that you end up with less sperm than if you had just DTD naturally and laid flat afterwards. This seems to happen whether you have DH ejaculate into the cup and then insert it, or try to do it after the fact. I tried it several times both ways just for information, and I found I lost a lot of sperm/semen in either case. Plus, I also have the same prob. around O where my cervix is super high, and a couple times I really felt like I couldn't get it back out.

I think it's your best bet just to lay flat or prop hips slightly after O for 15-30 min, for blue.

I hope some other people will chime in with their experiences with IC!!

Cinss
May 11th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I haven't used a cup, but if i just think about it, i would assume you would be blocking access for some of the sperm left on the outer side of the cup?

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Yes, totally! Great point.

Princess of Pink
May 16th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Thanks so much...I went with dh depositing into the cup and inserting then laying down...didn't spill a drop and it's right up there with my cervix sitting in the liquid.

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2012, 10:32 AM
You are talented! much better than me LOL!!!

Princess of Pink
May 16th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Lots of practice...I use a Diva cup for AF every month.

BeadinMom
May 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Good luck, PoP! Sending you all my blue dust!!

harleyquinn
February 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM
yes. I have known people to conceive a girl from TBM. I have also known of many people conceive a boy from TBM. I have also known people who TBM after a successful girl sway for a subsequent child and have a boy.

There are better sway tactics out there. I would be more sold if many many opposites were not conceived or peopel who can't get pg by it, which defeats the whole purpose. VASTLY better methods to reduce numbers of sperm getting to the egg. Vastly. Like...to eternity and back, vastly. Not just a little vastly, but incredibly vastly better methods that keeps your sanity and your marriage intact. I don't know about you, but a stack of BFNs due to lime juice and an abraded vagina, isn't exactly how I wish to ttc a child that really has no proven effectiveness to choose gender. I think I just know of too many opposites, but again...you can pretty much say that about anything when it comes to swaying.

look into a store bought douche to do before or after DTD...same purpose, much easier and nicer to your lady parts. Also consider acijel or rephresh to use in conjunction. SAME PURPOSE=SAME OUTCOME+HAPPY CAMPERS (you can rearrange that into any order which shows it is an absolute best scenario)

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know of anyone here that has used TBM successfully? Preferably for a girl??

I do, but I also know people who got an opposite with TBM. And the stats on IG that I saw were 50-50 for the extreme gender swaying for a girl (this was a few months back tho)

I also know a ton ton ton of people who tried TBM for months and couldn't get pg.

edited below with 2 more stat updates from IG. their numbers range between 50-50 to low 70% and are the same as we are getting with diet, exercise, one attempt, Clomid.

I reiterate I know tons tons tons of people who did not get pregnant with EGS.

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks, this takes some of the pressure off. I wasn't planning on doing TBM, but sometimes I read things and worry that I may regret not doing absolutely everything possible. This makes me feel a bit better about putting a limit on how far I'm willing to go.

I just wanted to share with everyone the IG stats thread here TTC GIRL Stats Sheet in Extreme Gender Swaying Forum (http://www.ingender.com/Forum/Thread.aspx?ID=288341)

Please note that we are getting equal or better results WITHOUT TBM. LE Diet longer than 12 weeks, alcohol, one attempt, exercise, Clomid - WITHOUT TBM all got equal or better results (and keep in mind that TBM on IG is done WITH diet and one attempt plus lots of other stuff). TBM and the other extreme swaying methods DO NOT WORK. They add NOTHING beyond what we are already getting with much easier, saner, safer sways. And our time to conception is average 3 months on this site too which is all good.

I will keep these directions up of course because I want people to be able to use these methods SAFELY but I do not recommend them at all.

Rainbow16
June 29th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Atomic,

My partner and I are a same sex couple. We only have the choice of doing the TBM... from what I'm reading on this thread I feel like our chances of falling pregnant are drastically slim compared to if we were to do it the "natural" way.
We are also trying to sway pink, we are doing supps and trying the diet however because I am already slim and have a low bmi it worries me that I wont be getting enough nutrition to maintain a stable healthy weight... can you help me on this?

Erin514
June 29th, 2016, 09:27 AM
I'm sure Atomic will reply but just wanted to say I don't think your chances with TBM are horrible at all! I think the negativity is specifically geared towards the ladies on IG who were adding line juice to their husband's sperm, etc. Atomic says on the very first post in this thread that it can be an effective means of conception when done properly. I know a same-sex couple who got pregnant (both of them) this way. The older one (40+ when she started) took a year to get pregnant without any fertility treatments. Her partner, in her early thirties, got pregnant after only a couple cycles.

4blue2pink
June 29th, 2016, 11:41 AM
i got pregnant this time first try with TBM / AI (using a syringe) i also swayed pink so only did 1 attempt and jumped and dumped after about 5 mins.

it lowers your chances if your adding things to the sperm to try and change ph but just using the syringe as a method of getting the sperm up there has the same success rates as normal intercourse so i wouldnt let it stress you out, the IG statistics arent of women who were doing at home AI (or TBM if you prefer to call it that) they are of women who were adding things to the sperm before inseminating to try and alter the ph which is a totally different thing..

i dont know what im having this time so i cant tell you if my sway worked or not but i can tell you i got pregnant first time with only 1 insemination, and atomic did mention on one of my posts that there have previously been 2 women on this site who used at home AI, both swayed blue with diet, exercise etc but due to using sperm donors they had limited insemination attempts.. both got pregnant and both got girls!! :)

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Atomic,

My partner and I are a same sex couple. We only have the choice of doing the TBM... from what I'm reading on this thread I feel like our chances of falling pregnant are drastically slim compared to if we were to do it the "natural" way.
We are also trying to sway pink, we are doing supps and trying the diet however because I am already slim and have a low bmi it worries me that I wont be getting enough nutrition to maintain a stable healthy weight... can you help me on this?

Hi and welcome! Glad you found us.

The warnings in this essay are directed at people doing tons of stuff to alter the pH and other characteristics of the sperm. It is a different scenario when you're just trying to do TBM for getting pregnant. I would not have you put lime juice and all the rest of it into the sperm sample you're using and just do the insemination, and then we will sway in other ways.

You can def. do the diet at upper limits of cals to prevent weight loss and that is what I suggest for you. You will still be swaying even if you do not lose any weight. :)

Let me know how else I can help!

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I'm sure Atomic will reply but just wanted to say I don't think your chances with TBM are horrible at all! I think the negativity is specifically geared towards the ladies on IG who were adding line juice to their husband's sperm, etc. Atomic says on the very first post in this thread that it can be an effective means of conception when done properly. I know a same-sex couple who got pregnant (both of them) this way. The older one (40+ when she started) took a year to get pregnant without any fertility treatments. Her partner, in her early thirties, got pregnant after only a couple cycles.

:agree: and we have had 2 couples get pregnant this way and both had girls (and were swaying for boys!!)

Rainbow16
June 29th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Thanks so much for your replies ladies! Very helpful, sorry I must have misread the first post, it was late here in Australia haha.
I'm very glad I have found this site to, we are really hoping for a girl but will be happy with a healthy baby! Trying to give our daughter a sister :)
I'm glad the TBM method doesn't reduce our risks of getting pregnant it had me worried there. Our last pregnancy took 2 years to conceive, I think there was an issue with the donor, hopefully with a new donor things won't take so long!
No I must find the girl diet and see how I can manage to make this work for me. I already skip breakfast but love my pasta..
Atomic could you link the girl diet please?

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Here it is!! You would aim at starting off at 1800-2000 cals and see how it goes, if weight comes off then up calories till it stops following basic tenets of the diet. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

aira22
June 21st, 2018, 08:42 AM
Hi, looking for some updated info on TBM and ladies who have done this method for blue. I think pH doesn't sway so EW are not used anymore.? And Preseed?
I want to use it additional to normal BD. DH and I can't DTD during the day because of the kids but I want to add AM attempts to the night BD. So, that's why I'm learning this. ;)

Can someone tell me if this is right:
version 1: I have DH do it into a moon cup (IC is too big to manage for me), then add preseed (how much?) and insert it. done.
:think: As I think that the liquid could be to low in the cup to have contact with the cervix (or isn't that the case?) when standing up (can't lay down for long - kids..) wouldn't it be better to:

version2: Have DH do it into a clean glass, then suck it up with a syringe (should I add preseed here again to have greater volume?) and inject it somehow directly into the cervix opening...:suprise: if that is even possible? maybe using a soft blunt cannula? like an embryo transfer for sperm :rofl: of course not as far to have an IUI because I know that would be dangerous but only a little inside sorry for TMI. just trying to figure out how sperm transfer would be most effective lol

is anybody here crazy enough to have done something like that or even considering and wanting to share experience and thoughts?

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2018, 10:15 AM
Hey, i have an appointment today and have to leave in a couple minutes so could you please bump this for me???

I just want to be VERY sure that no one uses egg whites though. I think it's very likely that egg whites are causing miscarriages and I have an explanation of my concerns here in this thread https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/6952-egg-whites-success-miscarriage-failure-get-pg.html

NO EGG WHITES! I have it in these instructions because this is the instructions on how to do TBM but I really, really very much prefer that you guys skip them.

MrsEnglish
June 21st, 2018, 02:16 PM
Hi, looking for some updated info on TBM and ladies who have done this method for blue. I think pH doesn't sway so EW are not used anymore.? And Preseed?
I want to use it additional to normal BD. DH and I can't DTD during the day because of the kids but I want to add AM attempts to the night BD. So, that's why I'm learning this. ;)

Can someone tell me if this is right:
version 1: I have DH do it into a moon cup (IC is too big to manage for me), then add preseed (how much?) and insert it. done.
:think: As I think that the liquid could be to low in the cup to have contact with the cervix (or isn't that the case?) when standing up (can't lay down for long - kids..) wouldn't it be better to:

version2: Have DH do it into a clean glass, then suck it up with a syringe (should I add preseed here again to have greater volume?) and inject it somehow directly into the cervix opening...:suprise: if that is even possible? maybe using a soft blunt cannula? like an embryo transfer for sperm :rofl: of course not as far to have an IUI because I know that would be dangerous but only a little inside sorry for TMI. just trying to figure out how sperm transfer would be most effective lol

is anybody here crazy enough to have done something like that or even considering and wanting to share experience and thoughts?

Hi,

For version 2 you can't insert directly into your cervix, you just insert reasonably far into the vagina (as far as the syringe goes, assuming it's a standard 5 or 10 ml syringe that's fine) and release there.

aira22
June 21st, 2018, 09:24 PM
Hi,

For version 2 you can't insert directly into your cervix, you just insert reasonably far into the vagina (as far as the syringe goes, assuming it's a standard 5 or 10 ml syringe that's fine) and release there.

OK, maybe I'll practice with preseed only. (or water? what's the least messing up CM down there)

Yes, atomic. NO EGG WHITES! Only use preseed. or don't I even need that?

MrsEnglish
June 22nd, 2018, 02:09 AM
OK, maybe I'll practice with preseed only. (or water? what's the least messing up CM down there)

Yes, atomic. NO EGG WHITES! Only use preseed. or don't I even need that?

If you want a boy use a sperm friendly lube. Water actually is bad for sperm and will kill some of them off.

I found it to be simple and not need practice, but it couldn't hurt to practice if you feel unsure.

BTW, I was doing it to sway girl -- DH finished into a condom which also kills some sperm -- I was going to add lemon juice, but then chickened out on the lemon juice and just inserted the semen after it sat in a condom for about 10 minutes. I got a girl that way.

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2018, 02:32 PM
Ok, aira, again, I am ONLY on board with this since you're having other attempts that are straightforward BD and only doing the TBM for one additional attempt. We have gotten poor results with TBM for boys, I think because you lose so much sperm that it ends up possibly swaying pink when people are ONLY doing TBM.

Version 1 - Skip the Preseed as I think it may impinge upon the ability of the sperm to leave the cup (I am envisioning a layer of Preseed on top of the sperm in the cup - don't do that. My concern with the Moon Cups is that people lose more semen trying to put the darn things in than they ever save, but since this is an "add on" attempt and not the only attempt, I am ok with you guys doing that. The sperm will swim out of the cup and into your EWCM, don't worry abut the cup being too low. You can still use Preseed if you want to, but be sure that you insert it into your VJ and give it some time to kind of spread out before inserting the cup, I don't want you to shoot a big wad up there and then put the cup in right after OR put a layer of Preseed on top of the semen either.

VErsion 2 - You can also do it that way. Some people do mix Preseed with it. My concern with this is that you'll lose more sperm that way but again, since this is an "add on" and not your only form of attempts then it's ok. You don't need to get it right up to the cervix, you just need to get it in the ballpark, the EWCM will get it the rest of the way there!

aira22
June 22nd, 2018, 05:36 PM
OK, thank you! I have a plan now. :cool: I'll go with version 2, the syringe because I think I will get more sperm to the "portal".

Thinking about the whole "loosing sperm" thing.. what's the case when you BD the normal way and use preseed and have a lot of EWCM and DH releases a big batch because he waited 3-4 days? and it's just one big mess of fluids and when he pulls out half of the liquid comes out and when turning over to lie in a TTC position, even more gets "squeezed out"... sorry for TMI but that's what a TTC boy situation could be. isn't there even more loss of sperm. Something similar like this once happened to us and I thought this would have been the worst attempt ever. Isn't then having the sperm in a clean syringe and put it all cautiously up there without squishing it back and forth (and out?) even more effective? - I'm just thinking! Certainly I'll be going with real BD when possible because that's the recommendation.

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2018, 10:04 AM
No, it's not more effective because you leave behind a lot of semen in the cup and in the syringe and it doesn't get as far up inside as you think it will. The syringe/TBM method is inferior in every way compared to actual intercourse and like I mentioned, of my blue swayers who have done it, they all got girls that I"m aware of.

If you are worried about seepage, just do missionary. There is nothing magic about doggy style. I know a lot of people say it's a magic blue position but most of the blue sway opposites we've ever gotten were with doggy (since everyone does it for blue!) so I know it's not a magic position. Most of the time you won't lose any semen/sperm and when you do (like when he pulls out) it's actually less than you think. You can also BD again if you think too much came out.

After about 15-20 minutes, the semen goes from being a gel to being a liquid. The good sperm has left by then (and starts leaving immediately) The stuff that comes out in a rush is just semen with dead/dying bad sperm in it and it is made to do that because you don't want that stuff up inside you any more, it's more hospitable to growing microbes than your normal vaginal environment. By that point the sperm has already gone into the EWCM and is up inside your cervix safe where it does not come out. When men's semen doesn't do that, it's a bad sign for their fertility!

Try to remember that most people all around the world are getting boys without trying for them. They have sex, and have some boys and some girls. This is not as difficult as you're thinking of it, it's meant to happen naturally from regular old sex with regular old leaking afterwards - there is NO way to prevent that from happening, it just is what it is.

aira22
June 24th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Thank you for bringing me back into the real world again :happy:

atomic sagebrush
November 12th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Here's a good study/article about why not to insert lime juice into your vagina https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/context-and-variation/vaginal-ph-redux-broader-perspectives-on-douching-race-and-lime-juice/