PDA

View Full Version : Success stories

inshaallahxx
February 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
It would be inspiring for there to be thread with their success stories. I feel it would keep many of us positive that are still waiting to conceive or pregnant. Just to keep the nerves down and feel a little more confident.
What do you think?

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM
bump great idea

inshaallahxx
February 13th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Any one want to go first? It would really help bring my spirits up

Ciansmummy
February 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Would love to hear some success stories!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
bump the other place to check would be in the add your sway section - a lot of the sways have happy endings!

My success story is that I had my first son 21 years ago and then had 3 more sons over 20 years, finally did end up getting a DD last year! ;) It can happen for you too.

inshaallahxx
February 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you for sharing and the bump!!!! I have been trolling the sway attempts like crazy. I just thought it would be nice to have one thread for people to post their stories, number of boys before, feelings about whether they would get their girl, feelings when they found out. Sharing about their blessings and how the have impacted family.

Wow a 21 year old. I'm scared for my boys to grow up but what a blessing to see them turn in to men! :nails:
You truly inspire me Atomic!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM
My adult sons are AWESOME. I know a lot of ladies worry that they won't be close with their adult sons but I have been very blessed in that regard.

BabyGirl4Me
February 17th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I do love happy endings! I'm hoping my sway will have a happy ending too, but even if things don't work out I know that I have other options to get my DD someday. I just gotta keep going and keep trying.

Atomic, I'm glad to hear you're close with your older sons. It's good to hear that some mothers do maintain relationships with their sons when they're grown.

I guess one of my biggest fears is that my DS will abandon me once he's in his teens and we'll never really be close. :/ I am also afraid that I'll miss out on carrying my namesake (that's been passed down through 3 generations of girls) and miss out on tea parties, princesses and fairies, holiday dresses, prom dresses and wedding dresses. I really don't want to always be the mother of the groom. I look terrible in beige and I don't want to just sit down and shut up if DS decides to marry. I know these are stereotypes but I never saw myself as a "boy mom" and I still don't. I don't like cars and sports and dump trucks. I refuse to dress DS in blue or boyish clothes even now. I will admit that I'm still dealing with issues of GD, but once I have my daughter I'll be able to put all of that behind me and move on with my life. How liberating that will finally be!

Hopefully I'll be writing my success story soon. Thanks for starting this thread.

babydust
February 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I'll share! Had my wonderful DS and then swayed for my DD and had my little princess. A couple of years later swayed again and I'm having another little girl! My dream family has always been one boy and two girls, so I feel very blessed and thankful n who knows, maybe we'll sway again in the future for another boy, that'll be weird but fun! Haha

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Oh and also, my mother in law is my dearest friend - it doesn't have to be like the stereotypes!