PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training or lack of it!

nuthinbutpink
February 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I have 3 children that I somehow managed to get to use the potty and I remember my first being a little on the older side but I got her to do it without much effort.

Number 4, not so much!

I am the problem because I do not know how to begin!

What is your potty training methodology? How does a day go for you?

ANY help is greatly appreciated! He knows when he has to poop- he hides but has no interest in going on the potty.

Do you use a little potty? Big potty? Sit/stand...I'm so confused.

onlythelonely
February 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I have done it 2 different ways. With DS1 he was really interested in going potty so we used just let him go when he wanted and within a few days he was toilet trained really easy and he was only 20 months. Night time dry as well.

With our twins ( boys) they were 3 and not really showing much interest so one long weekend my husband and I just put them in jocks and kept taking them to the toilet every hour during the day, Nappies at night. By the 3rd evening they were pretty much done.

You just may have to try a few things. We made a big deal when they went, we also took them shopping to pick their own jocks.

Good luck

LacePrincess
February 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Siiiigh, I could use help too, lol.

My older two day trained by 2.5 years old. My third? Stubborn as a mule. We've tried treat rewards, toy rewards, withholding 'big boy' privileges, luring him with 'big boy' things like extracurricular lessons and going to school, and .... nadda. He'll reliably ask to potty if he has to poop but only because he HATES getting levered up to the changetable and getting his butt wiped.

But peeing? Oh no, that kid can pee in his pants ALL DAY LONG. It got so expensive with pullups we ended up investing in Motherease cloth pullups so we weren't buying pullups all the time. We call them 'underwear' since they're cloth and pull on like undies so close enough. No way can I put him in regular briefs, he'd pee right through them. The Motherease trainers do stay very wet so that's not the problem. He feels the wet just fine, he just doesn't care!

I take him with me to the potty everytime I go and make him go too, but most of the time there's nothing and he never ever asks to pee.

We use a convertible child/parent potty seat on the regular potty, and he has an appropriate height stool for his feet. He turned 3 in Dec so this is getting ridiculous.

Oh and he sits. All the males in my household sit (including the husband!) LOL. They can stand at school but at home they sit unless THEY want to clean the bathrooms! ;)